Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Stadium COVID-Safe Plan

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/afl...23-p57538.html

How tickets will be carved up for round one of the AFL season

The AFL is looking at a scenario in which there will be very little or no general admission to games for round one in Victoria.

Under the ticketing arrangements under discussion by clubs and the AFL, the members of home teams will be prioritised, then the “away” club’s members, and stadium members - such as MCC and AFL members - with general admission tickets only available once those other groups have had windows to gain seats.

Sources with a knowledge of discussions say that the carve-up of tickets for the blockbuster Richmond-Carlton season opener is expected to follow a formula in which the MCC and AFL members’ areas would be allowed the same percentage of seats as the rest of the ground, which would be almost entirely filled by club members.

If, for instance, the Victorian government allowed for first-round games to be at 50 per cent capacity for both the MCG and Marvel Stadium, then the Richmond-Carlton game would likely be broken down as follows: the MCC (capacity 22,700) would have a little over 11,000, the AFL members’ area (22,000), would be about 11,000, and there would be an estimated 2000 corporate tickets.

The balance of the about 50,000 - 25,000-26,000 - allowed into the MCG would be given to the clubs’ members, with Richmond having the overwhelming share because the Tigers are the home team.

In the case of Richmond v Carlton, this could well mean there are no tickets available to non-members.

The Tigers are considering holding off the unfurling of their last two premiership flags because of COVID restrictions on the crowds.

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said he wanted as many Richmond fans as possible at the ground to enjoy the unfurling of two flags.

“We’d like to think there’d be a lot,” Gale told 3AW Sportsday.

“Clearly it’s a really proud moment and we want to share that with as many members and fans as possible.″⁣

After the opening game against Carlton, Richmond play an away game against Hawthorn in round two, before hosting Sydney at the MCG in round three.

“We’re hoping for 50 per cent capacity. That would lend itself to a fairly sizeable crowd, so we are planning along those lines but I’m not sure that’s going to be the case,” Gale said.

“We just need to watch and wait. We want to share this moment with as much of the Richmond family as possible. It may be round one possibly, but it may not.”

The same ticketing arrangement as for the opening game is expected to apply to Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, although there will be much less demand for that game than Richmond v Carlton, which is the first game that fans of those clubs have been able to attend (not counting AFLW games) in Melbourne since 2019, the first game for the Tiger army since both their 2019 and 2020 premierships due to the coronavirus-interrupted 2020 season......
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news, there has to be some benefits in being a member
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GA can surely only be allowed where members from both clubs don’t take up all the tickets.

I’m not sure how many tickets we will get access to for round 1. Can’t see the Pies members leaving too many after the MCC and AFL members take their share.

Post Thanks / Like

Crowd numbers for opening round revealed

The AFL has set crowd limits of 50 per cent capacity for Victorian footy venues for the opening rounds of the season.

The MCG will welcome 50,000 fans for the Carlton v Richmond season opener, while Marvel Stadium will allow 28,961 people in the stands starting with the practice match between Carlton and St Kilda next week, on Thursday March 4.

No crowd capacity was announced for Geelong’s GMHBA Stadium or Ballarat’s Mars Stadium.

The AFL said home club members would receive priority ticket access, but it was up to clubs how they split those between their membership categories.

Away club members will also receive priority after the home club members, and if there’s any tickets left, the general public will be given access.

“On behalf of the AFL I would like to thank the Victorian State Government, specifically Premier Daniel Andrews, Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Martin Pakula and Minister for Health Martin Foley for working with us in allowing fans to get back to the footy,” AFL chief Gillon McLachlan said.

“Footy fans in Victoria have been excited about getting back to matches and we have seen that with great numbers across the opening rounds of the AFLW season.

“We haven’t had footy crowds this big in Victoria since the match to support Bushfire Relief in February last year, so today’s announcement provides a big boost for our players and fans in the leadup to the season.

“Our team has been working extensively behind the scenes planning for multiple scenarios and all our venues will be ready to welcome fans back into the stands come next month.”

The AFL has been in consultation with the state government for many weeks over crowd figures and in an ideal world might have hoped for a 75 per cent capacity.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan had been keen to get as many fans into grounds as possible given South Australia, NSW and Queensland venues have 75 per cent or more capacity.

But the recent five-day lockdown and Friday’s two cases of transmission highlight the importance of following safety protocols and will ensure crowds of 50,000 at the MCG and around 25,000 at Marvel Stadium.

New Cats president Craig Drummond told the Herald Sun recently that 50 per cent crowds would not be a good financial outcome for the season

“Most clubs would struggle to break even at 50 per cent or less in crowds. You need higher numbers,” Drummond said.

“50 per cent crowds would be satisfactory for the home tenants of the MCG but 50 per cent at GMHBA Stadium is a bit tough.

“Clearly the main thing everyone will look at in the short term is the Australian Open and seeing how 50 per cent crowds worked.”

7. Thanks Grantysghost, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I can pickup a ticket for our opener

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hopefully I can pickup a ticket for our opener
    Against the Pies? Going to be tough I reckon once the MCC, AFL Members and Pies members take their share. Depends on whether people are really keen to get back to the footy or whether there is still a fear factor for some people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Against the Pies? Going to be tough I reckon once the MCC, AFL Members and Pies members take their share. Depends on whether people are really keen to get back to the footy or whether there is still a fear factor for some people.
    I have AFL membership as well as my normal one, so will try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have AFL membership as well as my normal one, so will try.
    I’m both a WB Member and MCC provisional member.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...i-series-match

Tickets on sale for Dogs’ AAMI Series match

Tickets for the Western Bulldogs’ 2021 AAMI Community Series match against Melbourne will go on sale on Monday 1 March, as announced by the AFL today.

Bulldog members and AFL members will receive priority access to ticket sales from 12pm on Monday, while the general public will be able to purchase from 3pm.

Members will receive free entry to these games, however will still be required to redeem a ticket via ticketmaster.com.au for entry as part of the venue’s COVID-safe plan.

For the general public, tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for concession.

Children aged under 15 are free, but will still require a ticket to enter the venue.

The match itself will be held on Monday, 8 March at Marvel Stadium, with the first bounce at 3.10pm AEDT.

A Bulldogs membership is your ticket to the game this season, so show you’re Made of Red, White and Blue by signing up today.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"