Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We are certainly giving some players there chance to impress.
    Does the fact that Cordy has been missing in both games an indication he's out of the mix for round one?
    I hate to say it but I cant see Cordy being on the list much longer, he really hasn't made any improvement at all in the last four years.

I just think we took too long to drop him for his poor form, hopefully we see some improvement but looking at his body shape nothing seems to have changed.

Post Thanks / Like

The lack of some quality small pacy forwards is very obvious in that named forward line.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We are certainly giving some players there chance to impress.
    Does the fact that Cordy has been missing in both games an indication he's out of the mix for round one?
    I find it hard to believe that Cordy as a Premiership player isn’t better than Gardner in what he has shown so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Are we thinking apart from injured players this is the preferred side? I believe this is pretty much a full dress rehearsel.
    JJ very interesting.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 07-03-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I hate to say it but I cant see Cordy being on the list much longer, he really hasn't made any improvement at all in the last four years.

I just think we took too long to drop him for his poor form, hopefully we see some improvement but looking at his body shape nothing seems to have changed.
    Cordy was actually playing really well start of last season but tapered off a fair bit towards the end.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Amidst my excitement about Bedendo being in, I completely missed that Khamis is on the bench too. Good to see. Players may be in pre-season but the match committee is in mid season form already.

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping JJ as the game lurches even further to the favour of run and carry, metres-gained types is ... classic Bevo.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Are we thinking apart from injured players this is the preferred side? I believe this is pretty much a full dress rehearsel.
    JJ very interesting.
    It could be but the players players dropped from the Hawks game have been replaced by the more speculative players on the list excluding Naughton

Schache, Khamis, Bedendo, Scott and R.Smith have to be long shots for the Pies game
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the inclusions, never really view omissions as being dropped in practice games. Surely J lines up against pies. No Treloar is a shame, can’t see him playing round 1 unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner, R Smith, Scott all playing with Hayes emergency. That's the Beveridge dream team right there! I hope Beveridge doesn't start with his captains call bullshit when the real stuff starts
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

12. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bev loves a surprise or two every year early in the year.

McNeil plays well and I'd say he's almost a certainty, Scott is probably a chance too.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Gardner, R Smith, Scott all playing with Hayes emergency. That's the Beveridge dream team right there! I hope Beveridge doesn't start with his captains call bullshit when the real stuff starts
    Anthony Scott has replaced Billy Gowers in the Bevo All Stars.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

No one here, in the coaches box or anywhere can convince me that JJ isn’t best 22 or at least better than mfn Bailey Dale.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    No one here, in the coaches box or anywhere can convince me that JJ isn’t best 22 or at least better than mfn Bailey Dale.
    JJ has needed a rocket for years, but it’s weird that he looks to be on the outer at the very moment a rule change has been implemented that should suit his skill set to a tee.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Important game for many players today. For the likes of West it's a chance to cement a spot for the game against the Pies.
    For McNeil a chance to potentially earn a promotion off the rookie list to replace McLean
    The pairing of Martin and English as a ruck/forward combination for the season could be dependent on how they perform today and for Lipinski it's a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the selectors, Dunkley needs a good game as well to work his way back into best 22 calculations

I'm hoping to see a spirited effort as it's great chance for many players today and they need to make the most of them
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"