Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

Who replaces Corizer in Defence? Without him coming across to help out, I think we need to add another tall. Id go Young let's see what he can do for the period. If we are too tall on some occasions I think we can let Keathy get more dangerous, he is more than just a lockdown defender.

I have a feeling if we go 2 rucks though, Bevo will go short for team balance hence Scott/JJ more likely to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Who replaces Corizer in Defence? Without him coming across to help out, I think we need to add another tall. Id go Young let's see what he can do for the period. If we are too tall on some occasions I think we can let Keathy get more dangerous, he is more than just a lockdown defender.

I have a feeling if we go 2 rucks though, Bevo will go short for team balance hence Scott/JJ more likely to play.
    I think Khamis would be a good like for like replacement in terms of skill set. Huge ask for a debutant though.

Collingwood doesn't really have too much height up forward that requires the constant third man up/spoiling that Crozier loves doing, so I'd go with Duryea to offer some good defensive positioning and kicking. Has to keep his feet though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think Khamis would be a good like for like replacement in terms of skill set. Huge ask for a debutant though.

Collingwood doesn't really have too much height up forward that requires the constant third man up/spoiling that Crozier loves doing, so I'd go with Duryea to offer some good defensive positioning and kicking. Has to keep his feet though.
    Yeah i still think we need to come across Cox and help. They generally play 2 rucks also hence Cameron might start forward, it is possible we have Timmy go back at times for sure.

He is a nice kick Khamis, defensive spoiling coming across look great but as soon as the ball hit the ground looks well off the pace.

Is Doc available thought he was underdone? I think he is best 22 also. I'm just not a fan of having DOC, Caleb and Williams for defensive cover with Keathy and Gardner as the 2 main talls think we will get exposed even against Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Doesn't playing Naughton in defence solve this?

Martin rucks 80%, English plays forward 80% and Bruce is our stay at home tall forward. This gives us the flexibility of bringing in another small.
    I much prefer Naughton forward as a player, but for team balance he has to play a swingman role. If we play one less runner he goes back during redtime in each quarter because that's the danger period.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Being too tall isn't a problem providing every time you get near it you mark it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Likes josie liked this post