Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

Gee same old - 39 point win.

Let's have more in the season proper
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We are going to have a heck of a time narrowing the list down to 22 players for the game against the Pies which is a great sign
    McNeill has to play.
    Bedendo and Khamis are works in progress but Khamis has impressed with his spoiling, plays taller than 190cm.
    I suspect Wood, Treloar, Vandermeer and Naughton availability will shape the 22.
    Scott showed some decent signs too.

Gardner was solid today, continues his development. Martin an outstanding pick up and Bruce's effort was strong against one of the best tall defensive duos in the competition.
    Love English's game too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bont saying the game was used as an experiment with the mids and positions. That is what practise matches are for, as well as testing your game plan and tweaking it.

Guys like Buku, Scott, Bedendo, McNeil all in and not best 22.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    There are a lot of negative Nellies on here right now. Whoa is us ... same same as last year .

I am obviously seeing this game a lot different to you (and maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy). The way I see it. Our coach has trained all of our players to be able to play different positions. Therefore, we aren't locked into one style of play. We now have three/four years of this experience. We have recruited well. We are flogging Melbourne all over the ground. Yes, they have some big names out ... so do we !!! Wood, Cordy, JJ, Treloar, Richards, Durea, JUH. At the time of writing this, we have hit the scoreboard 25 times. Our accuracy is off, but no where near as bad as it has been in recent years.

This is a great hit out and will bring loads of confidence going into round one. No need for so much negativity
    Only Wood missed through injury and Treloar missed due to being underdone.

Still huge improvement in our forward line and forward connection.

Back line was not tested and neither was our midfield.

I’m ok with being on the negative side as I haven’t seen enough improvement in our deficiencies from the last few years.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    McNeill has to play.
    Bedendo and Khamis are works in progress but Khamis has impressed with his spoiling, plays taller than 190cm.
    I suspect Wood, Treloar, Vandermeer and Naughton availability will shape the 22.

Gardner was solid today, continues his development. Martin an outstanding pick up and Bruce's effort was strong against one of the best tall defensive duos in the competition.
    Love English's game too.

I think you are very close to the mark because it would be hard to drop McNeil but is he any better than 50/50 for round 1?
    I read that Wood will play in a VFL game so that will shape the back line and it will be a nervous wait to hear about Vandermeer, Naughton and Crozier but we have plenty of depth. I also think the club has a but of faith that Treloar will be available

Competition for spots is a great thing
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bont saying the game was used as an experiment with the mids and positions. That is what practise matches are for, as well as testing your game plan and tweaking it.

I reckon McNeil might just be best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

We played by having pretty much only Bont, Libba, Dunks and Macrae in the centre bounces so not sure what the experiment was? Maybe Smith on a wing?

To be fair Buku & Dom only came on due to injuries and weren’t in the original 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We played by having pretty much only Bont, Libba, Dunks and Macrae in the centre bounces so not sure what the experiment was? Maybe Smith on a wing?

To be fair Buku & Dom only came on due to injuries and weren’t in the original 22.
    I like Hunter across HF, especially if he can tidy up his goal kicking and disposal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    McNeill has to play.

Love English's game too.
    Thought Khamis was good overall. Thought he looked slow but that might be watching on TV. His vertical leap looked awesome

Post Thanks / Like

McNeil in the R1 22? With all due respect to him, who has shown some good signs, surely he isn't in the final squad picked. Go back and show me what you've learned in the VFL before playing in the heat of a Friday Night blockbuster v Collingwood.

Availability will determine selection to a degree, Scott most likely to play from the fringes IMO.

Gardner as our second KPD is still a big concern. Our back half in general is a concern.
    W00F!

13. Likes 1eyedog, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McNeil is no way a lock, imo. Nice finish but he barely touched it.

I still think there is a spot for Cavarra and I would have Richards ahead of Dale if they’re playing him as half back/wing based on the Hawks game and reports he played well today.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I like Hunter across HF, especially if he can tidy up his goal kicking and disposal.
    We’ve been saying that for a long time. He is what he is.

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo is saying we are confident that that Naughton has a corked arm and will be right, Crozier AC joint might be more of a concern
    I haven't heard anything regarding Vandermeer

Post Thanks / Like

Has Anthony Scott done enough to debut in round 1?

Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty happy with that generally. The first half could have seen us with a couple more, which would have been fitting.

Some of the negatives about our performances are part and parcel of who we are and the personnel we have. We know them, the club knows them and the rest of the AFL knows them and I guess we just have to keep on working to minimise them. A bit like our strengths, they are what they are and we just need to play to them as often as we can.

It was good that we showed up this week and beat a side we should have beaten by a more than respectable margin. Just having read the thread from the start of the game I'm a little bit surprised by the despair from posters in the first half, but at the same time I kind of get it because when the game is in the balance and we're not taking our opportunities it can seem pretty dire - especially when we let three straight through due to a lapse in concentration.

Was good to be at the footy again. I'm not expecting perfect or anything close to it this year, rather, just a side that is honest with its effort each week because if we are we'll be in the hunt most games.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.