Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Lewis Young has looked alright with some decent intercept marks, backing into packs. His disposal and decision making is a concern - he seems to get quite flustered and prone to throwing it on the boot.

Jamarra has had two marks on the lead for two shots - one narrow miss and one OOF. Has shown glimpses but they're right about him being a way off his debut.

Treloar and Duryea should both play round one based on today. Cavarra and Schache have done enough to be considered.
    My sentiments exactly from the three Qtrs I seen Jazzadogs. I would also add a special mention to Richards off half back - clearly this is his best position. JJ ok in patches - played mostly defence and there wasn't a lot of ball coming his way.

Having watched Kamis over a couple of seasons in the Twos, think he has come along way - trouble is he is competing with the glut of half backs we have already to get an AFL guernsey.

Butler was clean on occasions and then fumbly on others - has got a bit to work on. Weightman worked hard - particularly with his pressure acts - just needs to keep it up.

Will Hayes and Jongy got a lot of it - Hayes probably more cleaner on the day. Roarke also had some touches. I think all three however are 'back up' at best at this stage.

Not sure how strong the Casey team was with respect to AFL listed players although I heard someone say Brayshaw was playing. As a result the VFL team clearly dominated for most of the day. The only disappointment for me was the lack of any intel on the VFL players. Outside of McComb and Sullivan, I didn't recognise any other players from the 2019 season....looks like we might have had a bit of a clean out and brought in some new faces. For those at the ground I was impressed by 17 running around half forward. Tallish, agile, good mark and kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Great updates and insights. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's this Preston guy? Kicked 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How is Sweet handling the conditions?
    When I first watched Sweet play in the VFL a couple of seasons ago, I thought he could really bring something to the table - particularly liked his aggression - he also got on the scoreboard from time to time. Watching his game today, I feel he has tread water for two seasons with not as much progression as I had hoped.
    He was important in the ruck today and around the ground, but he just seems to lack a bit of urgency and mobility for my liking. Will be interesting to see how he goes the rest of this season.

5. Thanks jeemak, hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He was one of the four players training with us (with Raak, Ewan McPherson, and Scott).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Didn't realise Corey Preston was playing (train on player)...he was number 10 (a Woofer had asked about this player in an earlier post). I seen him kick a couple at least before leaving at 3/4 time. Good to know who he was.

Post Thanks / Like

FOOT 19. 19. 133
    CASEY 4. 4. 28

Goals: Preston 4, Cavarra 3, Schache 2, McComb 2, Weightman 2, Butler, Johannisen, Sweet, Hodge, Sullivan, Hayes.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks Topdog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roof Closed

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So looks like Brayshaw, Viney and Oliver are out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    So looks like Brayshaw, Viney and Oliver are out.
    Brayshaw played reserves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Didn't realise Corey Preston was playing (train on player)...he was number 10 (a Woofer had asked about this player in an earlier post). I seen him kick a couple at least before leaving at 3/4 time. Good to know who he was.
    Agree, he played well and seems to fill a position of need more than Scott based on last weeks game. Intrigued to see Scott's role this week - I can't see how he plays ahead of Duryea as a defender, or Cavarra as a forward.

It was very frustrating that there was no team list available. Even Treloar wore #5, so you couldn't trust the numbers.

14. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Cavarra has been excellent. Good pressure, clean, kicked a few goals and had a hand in some others.

Jamarra has moved up to a wing for the last quarter, had a good chase down tackle but minimal involvement.
    Thanks & great to hear. Go Benny!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else starting to get a bit excited about today's game?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Anyone else starting to get a bit excited about today's game?
    It's an odd build-up to a preseason game. Almost feels like round 1. Seeing their outs and reading about our desire for a "full dress rehearsal" places a fair bit of expectation on the result of this one. We really shouldn't lose. Now, this is just the preseason but after our last game I'm expecting a vast improvement and a clearer indication on what we will look like this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale warming up with the defence group
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela