Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

There are a lot of negative Nellies on here right now. Whoa is us ... same same as last year .

I am obviously seeing this game a lot different to you (and maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy). The way I see it. Our coach has trained all of our players to be able to play different positions. Therefore, we aren't locked into one style of play. We now have three/four years of this experience. We have recruited well. We are flogging Melbourne all over the ground. Yes, they have some big names out ... so do we !!! Wood, Cordy, JJ, Treloar, Richards, Durea, JUH. At the time of writing this, we have hit the scoreboard 25 times. Our accuracy is off, but no where near as bad as it has been in recent years.

This is a great hit out and will bring loads of confidence going into round one. No need for so much negativity
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Gee I’ll be disappointed if we drop right off and they get back within a goal or two

Post Thanks / Like

If Gardner is the best we’ve got, wow.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    There are a lot of negative Nellies on here right now. Whoa is us ... same same as last year .

I am obviously seeing this game a lot different to you (and maybe I'm a glass half full kinda guy). The way I see it. Our coach has trained all of our players to be able to play different positions. Therefore, we aren't locked into one style of play. We now have three/four years of this experience. We have recruited well. We are flogging Melbourne all over the ground. Yes, they have some big names out ... so do we !!! Wood, Cordy, JJ, Treloar, Richards, Durea, JUH. At the time of writing this, we have hit the scoreboard 25 times. Our accuracy is off, but no where near as bad as it has been in recent years.

This is a great hit out and will bring loads of confidence going into round one. No need for so much negativity
    Agreed. If there are problems then we have good problems to have.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

That 3rd quarter was great but the first half was just a bit of a carbon copy of years prior. Here’s hoping the 3rd qtr is the new norm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Gee I’ll be disappointed if we drop right off and they get back within a goal or two
    Cue might be in the rack?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    That 3rd quarter was great but the first half was just a bit of a carbon copy of years prior. Here’s hoping the 3rd qtr is the new norm
    So we just have to hop on Bont’s back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So we just have to hop on Bont’s back?
    Yep. My glass is now half full.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a bummer the dees’ mids were out. We’ve dominated clearances but you’d expect that with no Oliver, Viney etc.

Post Thanks / Like

We’ll be a much better side if Lipinski can keep this sort of thing going all season.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do posters prefer Dale or JJ as the a high HB?
    Someone who can run and kick Vandermeer preferably but they seem to like him forward
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Coincidence or not that the goals flowed once Naughton went off? Can he and Bruce function in the same forward line? Or is Naughton better off down back OR Schache comes in for Bruce? Or was it a coincidence?

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do posters prefer Dale or JJ as the a high HB?
    JJ every day.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Cue might be in the rack?
    Was starting to look a little like that.... good result
    Overall, some really good signs, some obvious improvement areas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

I'm really happy with the effort and there are some terrific signs for the season ahead. Many dismiss games like this but I think they're essential for a big season

How could anyone now be pleased with Bont, Dunks, Macrae, Libba, Daniel and Lipinski?
    English looks dangerous when he is forward and the ruck combination is working well
    And we have seen multiple goal kickers

There are of course question marks on a few things like goal kicking but these are the games to iron them out. Oh and the injuries aren't ideal but this can happen in training sessions

We are going to have a heck of a time narrowing the list down to 22 players for the game against the Pies which is a great sign
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Likes bornadog, Scraggers liked this post