Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  153
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne - 2021 AAMI Community Series

Great to see footy live. Bont, Lipinski, Macrae and Daniel were all very good. Bont's 3 goals - well, just pure class. Daniel is our architect. So, so often our players look to him to create something good or get them out of a hole and so, so many times he delivers the goods. Gotta love Libba too - amazing ability to get handball or kick out when seemingly no space/max pressure situations. Nice to see Dunks put in a good stint too.

Though Martin made a significant +ve difference.

Liked what I saw of Khamis - for me a bit of the Morris vibe about him (hope that continues).

I think we need a small crumbing forward desperately and would love to see Cavarra given a go. Also think, as do others, Bruce and Naughton do not work well together based upon the few games they played last year and the praccy match yesterday. If this problem is not resolved I'm starting to think; Schache coming in as a roaming forward (as posters have said he might work better with Bruce or Naughts in F50), Naughton to backline (with stints in forward line), English forward and sometimes floating back and ruck relief might be a better set-up. If there is an excess of tall players possibly drop Gardner.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

I think we need a small crumbing forward desperately and would love to see Cavarra given a go. Also think, as do others, Bruce and Naughton do not work well together based upon the few games they played last year and the praccy match yesterday. If this problem is not resolved I'm starting to think; Schache coming in as a roaming forward (as posters have said he might work better with Bruce or Naughts in F50), Naughton to backline (with stints in forward line), English forward and sometimes floating back and ruck relief might be a better set-up. If there is an excess of tall players possibly drop Gardner.
    As a founding member of the 'Naughton to defence' fan club, this makes me happy. The tide is turning!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Great to see footy live. Bont, Lipinski, Macrae and Daniel were all very good. Bont's 3 goals - well, just pure class. Daniel is our architect. So, so often our players look to him to create something good or get them out of a hole and so, so many times he delivers the goods. Gotta love Libba too - amazing ability to get handball or kick out when seemingly no space/max pressure situations. Nice to see Dunks put in a good stint too.

Though Martin made a significant +ve difference.

Liked what I saw of Khamis - for me a bit of the Morris vibe about him (hope that continues).

Now knowing he played three quarters of the game against Casey that morning, makes yesterday's effort so much better.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As a founding member of the 'Naughton to defence' fan club, this makes me happy. The tide is turning!
    Sign me up too.

Seems a no brainer.
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I've been firmly in the keep him forward camp, but seeing our utter refusal to do anything to fix our defence issues I am reluctantly coming round to the less fun way of thinking.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I've been firmly in the keep him forward camp, but seeing our utter refusal to do anything to fix our defence issues I am reluctantly coming round to the less fun way of thinking.
    I am moving to the Naughton to defence camp, mostly because we refuse to play in a way that gives him the best chance to succeed forward.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I think Naughton to defence is the only thing Comrade and I have furiously agreed on from the word go in about three years!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We NEED a genuine KPD who can play on the gorillas. We HAVE multiple KPF's with one who was recruited as a KPD and is more than capable of playing on gorillas. It's not even a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Naughton to defense is just logical to me. He's more exciting up forward when he's on though but that isn't often enough
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dare I say it, but we’ll probably see Naughton thrown back out of desperation at some point this season. Our defence is too shaky for it not to happen and it’ll be in a game where he’s hardly touched it dude to our forward woes. If he tighten things up it might build momentum for a permanent switch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm firmly in the Naughton stays forward camp. I haven't ruled a line through Gardner or Young at this stage and if there is a need to send one of our forwards back, for me, it would be Bruce. He is a big body, strong in the air and has plenty of experience as a CHB. I think when Marra comes on, Bruce will be squeezed out.

With Naughton, it is the same as with Izzy Huntington in the women's team. She is a B&F at CHB and much more valuable at CHF. I want to see Naughton and Marra develop into the strongest pair of key forwards we have ever had and dominate the competition for the next 10 years.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

16. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    t would be Bruce. He is a big body, strong in the air and has plenty of experience as a CHB.
    Yuck. His experience there is as a nearly delisted GWS player who was traded for a pick 48. Nothing in his time with us has suggested at all that he is strong in the air. He plays like a big Labrador that just wants to get involved but doesn't know how. I mean if it gets him out of the forwardline and out of Naughtons way I'm all for it but i can't see it working.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

18. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce knows how to play forward, calling him a Labrador is a bit much.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if Bruce keeps getting picked he’s playing the way Bevo wants him to. The question is why?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's been suggested before but is Bruce being moved to the back line a reasonable option?
    That might give English and Naughton a better chance to gel and we also have Schache in the mix
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I can’t be the only one waiting for mjp to tell me if I should be encouraged by Monday’s performance or not...