Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Again, another Richmond win where Dusty really turned it for them. Listening to radio this morning, they bemoaned how Carlton had five months to figure out how to slow Dusty and didn't.

Made me think - who would we play on him (or even Cripps, Dangerfield and the ilk). It would have been a role made for Moz, but is it now Bailey Williams? Easton Wood? Even Zaine? What's our plan for the superstar big-bodied resting mids who get isolated one on one?
    I think Wood is our best option with his combination of size, speed and mobility. But if the kick is to advantage it is very difficult to prevent the mark and even if you do, once he gathers the loose ball he is pretty much unstoppable. Just hope he is bored when he plays us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It would surely be easier for the umpires and more logical to just prohibit east-west movement and not moving backwards, away from the mark.
    What if the player moved backwards on an angle? It was probably just easier to force them to stand still.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It would be tough for umpires though. What if the player moved backwards on an angle? It was probably just easier to force them to stand still.
    This is why the whole rule is a farce.

Umpires jobs are so hard these days with so many stupid rules like 6,6,6, standing there counting players in their zones, - asking players about who goes up in the ruck, boundary waiting for rucks to show up and creating congestion.

Keep the rules simple and it will flow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What if the player moved backwards on an angle? It was probably just easier to force them to stand still.
    Common sense really. Running away from the mark without any significant sideways movement and not seeking to cut off the kick, no problem. Moving slightly backwards but laterally to cut the angles - 50 metres. I do see what you mean though. It's a nightmare for umpires either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I found there was little defense by either team, it was just free for all and whoever made the most skill errors and turned the ball over was going to lose. This is how Richmond like to play, free flowing footy and they are a skill full side.

The BS the commentary team came out with talking up the stand on the mark rule and the 75 interchanges and saying Hocking is basically a genius really got on my nerve.
    100% agree. Just leave the game alone. It’s gonna end up like basketball. I do not like basketball.

Are we the only code in the world that makes stuff up on the run? Unprofessional and sick & tired of confusing decisions as too many rules for umps.

The OOB on purpose against Jones compared to another Tigers got away with last night a classic example. It’s like Hocking is a dog who has to pee on every tree to make his mark. Enough already.

And the sub rule - what a farce. Hope Dogs coaches & players are smart enough to make most of these changes. Oh - and bring back the 3rd man up rule - if teams clever enough to innovate just let game evolve to overcome it instead of knee jerk reactions.

Post Thanks / Like

The Freo-Melb game is one of the worst I've ever seen. Freo have been horrific.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Freo-Melb game is one of the worst I've ever seen. Freo have been horrific.
    Agree I'm watching it's a sh1t test. Bottom four written all over these teams.
    Lever is extorting them getting nearly a mill a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree I'm watching it's a sh1t test. Bottom four written all over these teams.
    Lever is extorting them getting nearly a mill a year.
    It would be pretty funny if Melbourne lost this.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Putrid 50m penalty.

Post Thanks / Like

Putrid 50m penalty.
    Willing the dockers over the line here. Has there ever been a team that delivers nothing but has the hubris of kings like Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Willing the dockers over the line here. Has there ever been a team that delivers nothing but has the hubris of kings like Melbourne.
    Long may it continue
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dockers are done, they're going to be easy pickings over the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Dockers are done, they're going to be easy pickings over the next few weeks.
    They have a few out but gee they looked very dysfunctional

Post Thanks / Like

I was really bullish on Freo too. Their young players look great but their senior bodies other than Fyfe just don’t have the talent. Our old mate Hamling was particularly awful today.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide are looking...good?