Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R1 2021

Sad to see Rowell with another knee injury. Doesn’t look good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Sad to see Rowell with another knee injury. Doesn’t look good.
    No way? That sucks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

PCL they think. Hopefully not ACL. I mean it sucks either way but hopefully his season isn’t over. Would be just awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Well what do we make of West Coke as the Suns took it up to them on their home turf.
    We'll need to be switched on for Kelly and Nic Nat combo out of the centre.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I reckon the EFC brains trust would be patting themselves on the backs right now due to money well spent after securing Dunkley and a round one win............but we are where we are and it's magnificent!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints, Port, Richmond, Sydney all looked very good and they all have an abundance of pacy small forwards. We have missed the boat entirely on that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Saints, Port, Richmond, Sydney all looked very good and they all have an abundance of pacy small forwards. We have missed the boat entirely on that.
    Yep, you can see how dangerous they all look. Whenever the ball goes inside 50 they are a serious threat of scoring. Complete opposite of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yep, you can see how dangerous they all look. Whenever the ball goes inside 50 they are a serious threat of scoring. Complete opposite of us.
    And with English, Bruce and Naughton all forward, having 2 or 3 players like Butler, Castagna, Fantasia (who I don't rate but you know what I mean) makes so much sense. Yet we're persisting with Wally (who battles hard when the ball hits the ground but doesn't have the touch or pace) and a mix of resting mids. Saints in particular have gone all in on small forwards with Butler, Lonie and Higgins all influential in their win yesterday.

It's little wonder we only scored 69 points despite the mountain of inside 50s. I'm really hoping Cavarra and Weightman (and potentially Garcia when he's fit) can build some form and break their way in. We are desperate for that type of player to come good for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Well what do we make of West Coke as the Suns took it up to them on their home turf.
    We'll need to be switched on for Kelly and Nic Nat combo out of the centre.
    Yeah Nicnat and Kelly were cool but their forward line was a real concern. Allen looks like he's all the way here and we all know how much JJK and Darling love playing us. GC have a pretty analogous back six to ours and were a key defender short, so its something that we're going to need to pay particular attention to.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah Nicnat and Kelly were cool but their forward line was a real concern. Allen looks like he's all the way here and we all know how much JJK and Darling love playing us. GC have a pretty analogous back six to ours and were a key defender short, so its something that we're going to need to pay particular attention to.
    WC only really shook them off in the last, so I'm bullish on our chances. If we can avoid playing kick to kick to McGovern and Barrass, it'll help our chances immensely.

Post Thanks / Like

WC only really shook them off in the last, so I'm bullish on our chances. If we can avoid playing kick to kick to McGovern and Barrass, it'll help our chances immensely.
    Yeah I for sure think we can and will win. I really doubt that West Coast will be coached as defensively as Collingwood were on Friday and we should be able to go far deeper and direct with our entries. Moore and Howe were excellent but they were put in a primo spot to look so good by their coach filling every centimetre of space trying not to get his arse kicked.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

And with English, Bruce and Naughton all forward, having 2 or 3 players like Butler, Castagna, Fantasia (who I don't rate but you know what I mean) makes so much sense. Yet we're persisting with Wally (who battles hard when the ball hits the ground but doesn't have the touch or pace) and a mix of resting mids. Saints in particular have gone all in on small forwards with Butler, Lonie and Higgins all influential in their win yesterday.

It's little wonder we only scored 69 points despite the mountain of inside 50s. I'm really hoping Cavarra and Weightman (and potentially Garcia when he's fit) can build some form and break their way in. We are desperate for that type of player to come good for us.
    What happened with this? Did we go cold or did the saints up their offer? I think the former. I wasn't keen on him either but he's better than any small forward we've got. I suppose he isn't the small forward we're looking for though. Imagine how handy Butler, Higgins or Gresham would be for us. These teams have a plethora of them and we're dying for just one.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Lath kick two for us as a small pacey forward? I wasn't at the game, did he play high?

We also had McNeil playing as a small pacey forward, but he struggled as you might expect for a first gamer when he got his hands on it, but did manage to get into some good spots.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What happened with this? Did we go cold or did the saints up their offer? I think the former. I wasn't keen on him either but he's better than any small forward we've got. I suppose he isn't the small forward we're looking for though. Imagine how handy Butler, Higgins or Gresham would be for us. These teams have a plethora of them and we're dying for just one.
    Don't get too far ahead. The Saints might have loaded up on small forwards but their midfield still has big question marks. We'll smash them in the phone box and the ball won't even get to their forward line. I really don't rate St Kilda at all and think they'll struggle to make the 8 this year.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Didn't Lath kick two for us as a small pacey forward? I wasn't at the game, did he play high?
    Yeah he could potentially fill this role for us. I'm just not yet convinced that will be his role. I feel he'll play more on the wings/HFF rather than as that crumbing goal sneak. Time will tell. In any case, I really hope Lath can stay healthy. He's got the potential to really shake things up for us. He's a unique talent on our list.