Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  32
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R3 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would they have bothered to get Crouch if they knew Treloar was gettable?

That's a shame.
    It's a terrible shame isn't it. They've gone way too heavy on recycled v the draft.

Membrey, Ryder, Butler, Higgins, Steele, Howard, Jones, Hill, Hannebery, Frawley, Kent, McKernan, Wood, Carlisle?
    That's a chunk. Some decent players there but their drafting hasn't really given a lot and that's a big investment in recycled players albeit some would be cheap as chips.
    Hunter Clarke looks sublime, King clearly a massive talent, Marshall, Gresham look good but I think they've done poorly in the draft overall.

Compare to the Tigers they have Lynch, Prestia, Nankervis, Houli, Caddy?

Not sure what they were thinking with Crouch.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Dan Butler going to become the next Gowers or Lloyd for the saints? Amazing first season but then will fall away to the standards that got them traded/almost delisted in the first place. His stats are awful to start the season. He's got 1 goal from 3 games and is averaging 8 disposals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's a terrible shame isn't it. They've gone way too heavy on recycled v the draft.

Membrey, Ryder, Butler, Higgins, Steele, Howard, Jones, Hill, Hannebery, Frawley, Kent, McKernan, Wood, Carlisle?
    That's a chunk. Some decent players there but their drafting hasn't really given a lot and that's a big investment in recycled players albeit some would be cheap as chips.
    Hunter Clarke looks sublime, King clearly a massive talent, Marshall, Gresham look good but I think they've done poorly in the draft overall.

Compare to the Tigers they have Lynch, Prestia, Nankervis, Houli, Caddy?

Not sure what they were thinking with Crouch.
    It was looking like a great strategy last year. Although I had my doubts to its effectiveness long term, I certainly didn't think they would crash so soon. It's a long season so they still have time to right the ship. But they could be 0-3 and that includes poor performances against GWS and essendon who both should end up in the bottom half of the bottom 10. I think they are really missing Ryder and Marshall. Their over-reliance on small forwards means they need that height and contested marking ability both bring. Without them, too much is being left to their awful midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It was looking like a great strategy last year. Although I had my doubts to its effectiveness long term, I certainly didn't think they would crash so soon. It's a long season so they still have time to right the ship. But they could be 0-3 and that includes poor performances against GWS and essendon who both should end up in the bottom half of the bottom 10. I think they are really missing Ryder and Marshall. Their over-reliance on small forwards means they need that height and contested marking ability both bring. Without them, too much is being left to their awful midfield.
    Agree. Ryder and Marshall are massive outs. Most of last year, their mids got first use. But different right now. The opposition are killing it out of the centre, putting immense pressure on the likes of Howard.

King needs to start leading at the ball. He’s no longer the Giant playing under 18’s outreaching or out muscling the opposition.

More than anything, it’s their skill level that has severely dropped off. They are lucky to hit 1/5 targets atm, by foot or handball. Massive 3 weeks for them with WC, Rich and Port. Their year could be officially over with 3 losses there.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame.
    I'm devastated.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree. Ryder and Marshall are massive outs. Most of last year, their mids got first use. But different right now. The opposition are killing it out of the centre, putting immense pressure on the likes of Howard.

King needs to start leading at the ball. He’s no longer the Giant playing under 18’s outreaching or out muscling the opposition.

More than anything, it’s their skill level that has severely dropped off. They are lucky to hit 1/5 targets atm, by foot or handball. Massive 3 weeks for them with WC, Rich and Port. Their year could be officially over with 3 losses there.
    Form wise you can't see them winning any of those.

Ryder would be at best underdone if picked for any. They need a massive lift from Hill, Crouch etc
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame.
    A few clubs got screwed by doing the right thing and not leaving their homework to the night before.

St.Kilda would have been much better off with a discounted Treloar than an expensive Crouch.

Essendon could have not bothered with the debacle that was the Dunkley deal and instead been the good guys and offered Treloar salvation for a late second rounder.

Carlton could've grabbed a gun midfielder to help take the pressure off Cripps, instead they went out and grabbed a half back flanker at a premium price that they hope can be a quality mid.

Geelong would probably have baulked at Treloars age, but instead of their remaining cash going towards an at the end Higgins and Smith they could have gotten themselves a pretty good double act with Dangerfield.

Arguably two of those clubs (Essendon and Carlton) would've been ranked as the clubs Treloar would make the biggest difference at, instead he goes to a club where he is arguably not even in the best 2 mids, and has to play off the wing half the time.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right