Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  46
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R6 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If they avoid injury, top 4 is a lock and should sit comfortably in the top 2. They are huge contenders. I’m more worried about them than any other side right now.
    Based on last nights effort there is a new benchmark of the competition.
    We can still beat them but they do look the real deal.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    A season and a half during a list rebuild/ transition period and because the media says they should be better to appease the biggest bunch of dickhead supporters in the league the coach is under pressure.

That's not footy, that's crap. Where because the list manager gets off Scott Free and the coach cops it all, in lieu of the media not understanding how footy works. It's bonkers.
    I actually agree with everything you say about how things should be but that isn't the reality we live in.

The media and Carlton fans were very excited for the season, Teagues will most likely pay for that poor read of their list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It’s funny, a demon mate of mine was at the game last night. Before the game I messaged him saying “let’s see what you pretenders dish up tonight”. Obviously in the first 5-10 mins I had a smile on my face.

After the game I get a message back from him that simply said “now over to you guys. Let’s see who the pretenders are”. He’s referring to our meeting with the Tigers next week. And he’s right. Melbourne passed that test with more than flying colours. Now let’s see if we are genuine contenders or the dreaded pretender word. It’s in our hands. Make a statement or don’t.
    Pretenders and contenders aren't made in April, we could get easily lose to the tigers and win the premiership

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Based on last nights effort there is a new benchmark of the competition.
    We can still beat them but they do look the real deal.
    I think they’re pretty much at full capacity. I know Brown and Weideman are waiting in the wings but I don’t think they’ll improve the forward structure too much anyway. How much better can their top tier get?

We have quite a few down on form - Daniel and Bazlenka especially. If we’re at our absolute best and Demons are at their best, I’d still back us in but it’s tight.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked seeing a side actually clamp down on Martin, with Hibberd blanketing him before Dusty got injured. From our defensive group, who would be best suited for that role if required (obviously not this week but potentially in a final)?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Pretenders and contenders aren't made in April, we could get easily lose to the tigers and win the premiership
    Agree, but if we happen to lose, it’s HOW we lose. Melb beat Richmond convincingly. If Richmond come out and beat us convincingly, then that shows where we are at, right now..
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Had a chat to a Melbourne friend this morning, he said as soon as the rain came he knew they'd win as they handle it well.
    Same as the Geelong game.
    Big bodies in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Make no mistake, the Demons wiped Richmond off the park last night.

How we handle Melbourne’s deep defensive structure will be telling. They set up a similar way to Geelong, always keeping shape and having one back very deep to clean up the messy forward 50 entry and then use the likes of Salem, Hunt and Langdon to ping it back. We’ve never handled Geelong’s structure well.

They also have a dominant ruck combo with Gawn/Jackson, and the one area we had a decent advantage over them (midfield) has now been reduced with the Dunkley injury.

At least we get 2 cracks at Melbourne during the H&A, inc at MCG. We will know where we sit prior to finals.
    Richmond are cooked. If we can't win this with Prestia and Martin out we are kidding ourselves re. making a GF this year.

Melbourne are so untrustworthy. Their fans are in shock.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Richmond are cooked. If we can't win this with Prestia and Martin out we are kidding ourselves re. making a GF this year.
    It's April.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Thanks chef, hujsh, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too worried if we do drop a game or two coming up, we have banked enough to allow ourselves that luxury, and honestly with the finals system as long as we finish top four I'm not sure it matters too much how many games we won.

Its much more important to me that we show the signs that we are that good side, its important that we show we can beat Richmond, its important that we don't just turn off in games when it matters, its important we have a variety of players show they can lift the side. I'm much more interested in what happens against Richmond and the following weeks than I am in winning all those games no matter the cost.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

13. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hows Adelaides form? A big surprise in the season so far.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see how we show up against a wounded Premier on their home deck on a Friday night. I wanna see effort, tough, hard, team football. I wanna see a take no prisoner attitude, and ofcourse I wanna see a win.

What I don’t wanna see is knock Richmond over, only to come out mentally half assed against Carlton the following week and lose.

I’m not expecting to win every game, but with the start we’ve had, we shouldn’t be losing to teams like Carlton.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hows Adelaides form? A big surprise in the season so far.
    Seem to be playing a very team focused game plan. Walker in great form seems to be making all others stand tall. They’ve got a few kids standing up and ofcourse Thilthorpe with 5 goals at this stage looks to be a good mover/mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Thilthorpe has barely touched it at SANFL level. Incredible step up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thilthorpe has barely touched it at SANFL level. Incredible step up.
    I guess it just goes to show what an opportunity can do. Maybe the MC looked at Frost and Hartigan and thought this might be a good game to have a look at him. ?