Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  149
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2021

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    McNeil to follow? Its classic Bevo.

I'm praying we dont spend the first 12 weeks trying to work out if we are Arthur or Martha again. I'm liking Bevo's stance that we need to take the next step, the little clip at Dunks and JJ dropped but we don't need to go with the youngest team again we need to get the balance right.
    I think our list this year is the 3rd or 4th oldest. It as on AFL360. Don't remember exactly which one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bevo loves his shiny toys.
    He's pretty much got his wish list of something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue for round one

I wonder if Scott or O'Neill will the the 2021 version of Will Hayes?
    Early in the year Bevo tends to rely more on training form than anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That hasn’t exactly worked well for the last 4 years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think our list this year is the 3rd or 4th oldest. It as on AFL360. Don't remember exactly which one.
    We are 5th for average age at 24.7 and 9th for average games at 68.1.

Link

6. Thanks bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo loves his shiny toys.
    He's pretty much got his wish list of something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue for round one

I wonder if Scott or O'Neill will the the 2021 version of Will Hayes?
    Or possibly the next Picken, M. Boyd or Morris. Hard, gritty and determined. Isn’t this what a lot of Woof posters have been screaming out for?
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

8. Likes Mofra, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we really think Scott and McNeil have out trained others on the list?
    I'd say Bevo see's the new boys as having a skill set or two that better fits in with his planning.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Surely this has to be the right way to go. What else does he have? Selection based on reputation that is not being replicated on the track or in match sim could not possibly be a good thing.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    We are 5th for average age at 24.7 and 9th for average games at 68.1.

Link
    Yep, no more excuses. If we want to play the more inexperienced players in our list then it's no longer a plausible excuse

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Bevo see's the new boys as having a skill set or two that better fits in with his planning.
    Yeah, I seriously doubt the likes of Jong, Duryea, Smith and Hayes are holding anything back on the training track given where each of their careers currently stand.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    So why did we not offload him at the end of last season? Surely we should have done so when his currency was high.
    I can't see us ever forcing someone out while under contract. They'd have to be taking the piss pretty majorly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

After the finals loss last year, Bevo promised there would be 6 to 7 faces in the team that the one that lost.

We know there are 4 at this stage
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, I seriously doubt the likes of Jong, Duryea, Smith and Hayes are holding anything back on the training track given where each of their careers currently stand.
    I was told early last year that Hayes and Greene came back in tremendous shape before the start of the year and were dominating at training so while I joke a bit about Bevo liking new toys I don't think it's an issue of some necessarily outworking others
    I think we see a genuine skill set in both of the new boys and we are prepared to back them.
    They've clearly done their work and have adapted to the professional sporting life quickly but the notion that they have really outworked others is something I'm not sure about.
    Next year though might be a different story for them and it's all about them taking their chances on Friday night and that is exciting.

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told early last year that Hayes and Greene came back in tremendous shape before the start of the year and were dominating at training so while I joke a bit about Bevo liking new toys I don't think it's an issue of some necessarily outworking others
    I think we see a genuine skill set in both of the new boys and we are prepared to back them.
    They've clearly done their work and have adapted to the professional sporting life quickly but they notion that they have really outworked others is something I'm not sure about.
    Next year though might be a different story for them and it's all about them taking their chances on Friday night and that is exciting.
    Agree, it's more likely a case of working hard and taking your opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

They've clearly done their work and have adapted to the professional sporting life quickly but the notion that they have really outworked others is something I'm not sure about.
    What are both of their skillsets that we see as important and different to those of who they have replaced?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What are both of their skillsets that we see as important and different to those of who they have replaced?
    Greene is gone and we have of course retained Hayes. Personally, I don't see Hayes making it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.