Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  149
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Collingwood R1 2021

Soupaman
    The Martin and English combo was great. I can't believe the hit out disparity because I thought our guys basically broke even, and were both good around the ground. I struggle to think of any meaningful centre clearances they got.
    In recent games Grundy was able to stake claim to the strategic ground at ruck contests and then use English’s height to tip him away from the ball drop. That allowed him to direct the ball to Collingwood advantage. English always had his focus on the ball.

It was very clear last night that Martin’s main goal was to put his body firmly on that contest zone. Even when Grundy got his hand on the ball he had little control of it on most occasions because Martin’s bulk was where he needed his legs to be.. I thought Martin’s ruck work was excellent , totally changed the dynamics of the play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The slowness of our fwd line is a concern for mine. Bruce/Naughton/Wallis are pretty much immobile when the ball hits the ground. Too many times the Collingwood defenders were able to generate run from the goal line. It’s just not good enough. What we would do for a Cameron/Ryan type.

I still feel a lot of work still needs to be done in our fwd set up. What that is exactly I’m not that sure.
    Naughton is an absolute predator when the ball hits the ground. I think van der meer down there is a good move.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to give Bruce some plaudits. Some awful shots for goal, but for mine we saw a guy who is ready to respond to the really poor showing last season. His work rate was very high, got to plenty of contests up the line and presented well I50.

He'll win me over, though I have been scathing of him so far.

4. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was surprised just how often the defence change opponents. Sitting behind the goals, 4 or 5 of them changed within the first 10 minutes of the second quarter. And not afraid to try mismatches such as williams to cox and daniels to mihocek.

Kudos to Ryan Gardner also. Watching at close range, he just played to his limitations. Never expecting him to be Brian Lake but his he seems a good decision maker such as when he leaves his opponent to effect a spoil etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the 3rd quarter replay on the afl site?? The first, second and fourth quarters have been up for hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Tim got rid of a few Grundy demons last night. It was good to see him out mark him on a couple of occasions and at the centre bounces he did look as intimidated.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I think that in addition to Bucks’ bus parking, a ton of credit needs to go to Darcy Moore. If he doesn’t play thats at least a 10 goal win to us.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I think that in addition to Bucks’ bus parking, a ton of credit needs to go to Darcy Moore. If he doesn’t play thats at least a 10 goal win to us.
    I love watching him play. I wish he played for us.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I think Tim got rid of a few Grundy demons last night. It was good to see him out mark him on a couple of occasions and at the centre bounces he did look as intimidated.
    Having Stef by his side is critical in that. He knows it doesn't all fall on his shoulders. Big weight off his shoulders i'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

AFLCA votes :

10 Bailey Smith (WB)
    8 Darcy Moore (COLL)
    4 Bailey Williams (WB)
    4 Jack Macrae (WB)
    3 Laitham Vandermeer (WB)
    1 Alex Keath (WB)

12. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    AFLCA votes :

10 Bailey Smith (WB)
    8 Darcy Moore (COLL)
    4 Bailey Williams (WB)
    4 Jack Macrae (WB)
    3 Laitham Vandermeer (WB)
    1 Alex Keath (WB)
    That means Vandermeer has received 3 from 1 coach, while Williams and Macrae have had either 3 and 1 or 2 and 2.

Suspect Bevo has rated Vander.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

14. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    That means Vandermeer has received 3 from 1 coach, while Williams and Macrae have had either 3 and 1 or 2 and 2.

Suspect Bevo has rated Vander.
    I put Vanders in my votes after watching the replay. His bullocking work was very important.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I put Vanders in my votes after watching the replay. His bullocking work was very important.
    I don't disagree, just thought Bevo more likely to have appreciated his efforts.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I don't disagree, just thought Bevo more likely to have appreciated his efforts.
    Yep, I can see Vanders being a real favourite of Bevo's.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.