Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  156
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast Eagles R2 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    46 seconds into this footage

Great video Twodogs. Great to see Libba Snr and Susan Alberti in the crowd there celebrating a great Bulldog win!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Another reflection is that from the sidelines it looked a lot of the time like we were being well too fiddly with the football but having watched the replay it confirmed how well the Eagles set the ground up. In hindsight it was a credit to the lads that we didn't hand the footy over more than we did.

It was absolutely a cracking game, one that was great when you're there but just as good when you get to watch the replay.

Special mention to Josh Bruce for not going too hard at the ball that was kicked wide before he got it to Bont in the last minute. It could have easily gone over his head and he played the percentages, in that he just didn't need or want it to bounce inside over his head or to the side of him and into the corridor.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very exciting game to listen on the radio, must have been a cracker to have been there watching live.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Very exciting game to listen on the radio, must have been a cracker to have been there watching live.
    Was a great day at the footy. Even the crappy ticketing and music between goals couldn’t kill the mood. The faithful were up and about.

6. Likes Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1am and I still feel high on that win, man, what a *!*!*!*!ing last quarter.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

8. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a really good first 2 games of the season. Both hard fought deserved victories.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Was a great day at the footy. Even the crappy ticketing and music between goals couldn’t kill the mood. The faithful were up and about.
    Agree SOS. It was an electric atmosphere yesterday. Very loud and our supporters were right into it from where I was sitting.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 29-03-2021 at 12:17 PM.

11. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Where were you listening and which callers?
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was taken aback by the amount of time between a goal and the ads finishing and the game restarting. Most of the time there were seven to twelve seconds before the game got going again after the umpire started to reset and bounce which takes a few seconds again. Madness.

Haven't seen a game in a couple of years due to being out of the country.
    It's a set 30 (?) seconds between goal and bounce. This specific timing had to be introduced so that players knew how long they had to get into the 6-6-6 zone. You'll see that a timer comes up on the screen between goal and bounce - the players are aware of it too, I saw Gardner looking at it once yesterday and sprinted to the defensive goalsquare so he wasn't out of position and giving away a 6-6-6 free kick.

Post Thanks / Like

West Coast have a very different game plan than us. They like to play possession footy when attacking and when they don't have the ball, they man up one on one. Possession footy can work as long as you don't stuff up.

We can learn alot from their set shot kicking.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It's a set 30 (?) seconds between goal and bounce. This specific timing had to be introduced so that players knew how long they had to get into the 6-6-6 zone. You'll see that a timer comes up on the screen between goal and bounce - the players are aware of it too, I saw Gardner looking at it once yesterday and sprinted to the defensive goalsquare so he wasn't out of position and giving away a 6-6-6 free kick.
    Another stupid rule that does nothing for the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure whether this has been pointed out, but as good as his goal was, Liam Ryan ran about 20 steps before he kicked the footy.

18. Likes NoName liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Yeah you're right, I didn't think about the 6-6-6 set-up requirements. I saw the timer, and just thought it was weird given the umpires used to refer to a flashing light to know when the commercials had ended and they could bounce the ball.

Funny that the rule itself hasn't done much for the game, however it's convenient the networks get their additional advertising time nonetheless.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Not sure whether this has been pointed out, but as good as his goal was, Liam Ryan ran about 20 steps before he kicked the footy.
    17. I counted them during the replay.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    17. I counted them during the replay.
    No one likes a highlight truther.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

22. Likes Dry Rot liked this post