Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  141
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R3 2021

Most fun I’ve had at the footy since ‘16.
    Bit to figure out KD wise for next week, but for now I’m going to bask in #Juicy10
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Home now. That was a great day out. Donated to the appeal and saw a massive Dogs win by 128 points against the rabble that is North.

Jose Bruce with 10 goals was amazing as was Adam Treloar.

Bont had a quietier day but liked some of what he did in the end.

Really liking how English and Naughton are going. They both mark the ball really well. Libba had some great moments as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s quite funny to come home and read this thread from start to finish. I know we were a bit flat early but did we honestly ever look like losing.

I loved what I saw. It was 30 degrees, we were off a 5 day break and an exhausting contest last week, but we kept the foot on the accelerator. Yes, North are a rabble, but our pressure acts continued all night.

I said after last week that we are a team that thrives on confidence. I don’t really get the angst about us getting big headed or drinking our own bath water. We saw in 15 and 16 just how far belief takes you. Early wins on the board are worth gold, a % boost never hurts either, but most importantly beginning to realise how good they can be is so important...we have the young guys who are hungry for success and the “ oldies” who remember what it’s like. It’s been a pretty ordinary & frustrating few years seeing us battle to regain the hunger, I’m enjoying the ride.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Biggest ever club win. I was at the previous record, 120 points in 1985 V Melbourne at the Whitten Oval. Lots to like about how ruthless we were today. Put them to the sword.

Not quite. Biggest ever V/AFL win but back in 1908 we put North to the sword by 160 points in the VFA. Jack Hutchinson kicked a club record 16 goals.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/242041133
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yeah this is a rubbish game and yeah North are rubbish but for years I have hated how we've not been merciless with shit teams.
    So this is pretty satisfying.

Bruce kicks his tenth - Happy Days not sure how to feel.
    A rubbish game?
    Do you mean a rubbish game?
    Are you protecting your hopes? You dare not hope.
    What does 'rubbish game' mean: you do not know joy?

Post Thanks / Like

Joshua fought the battle of Jericho and the walls came a tumblin' down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Joshua fought the battle of Jericho and the walls came a tumblin' down.
    Style Council! Nice!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought JJ played a good team game today and most importantly used the ball very well today bar one poor pass inside 50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It’s quite funny to come home and read this thread from start to finish. I know we were a bit flat early but did we honestly ever look like losing.

I loved what I saw. It was 30 degrees, we were off a 5 day break and an exhausting contest last week, but we kept the foot on the accelerator. Yes, North are a rabble, but our pressure acts continued all night.

I said after last week that we are a team that thrives on confidence. I don’t really get the angst about us getting big headed or drinking our own bath water. We saw in 15 and 16 just how far belief takes you. Early wins on the board are worth gold, a % boost never hurts either, but most importantly beginning to realise how good they can be is so important...we have the young guys who are hungry for success and the “ oldies” who remember what it’s like. It’s been a pretty ordinary & frustrating few years seeing us battle to regain the hunger, I’m enjoying the ride.
    Excellent post Tbt, never looked like losing.
    Biggest win in the clubs history and up to page 10 of this thread you would have thought we had just scraped over the line.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Dogs by 100
    First goal Naughty
    BOG The Bont
    Disappointed you only predicted 100 ��

Looking forward to your prediction for next week’s game��

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got home from the game and couldn't agree more.
    Bont was hard tagged all game, but still came alive when we needed him to, Bruce was just insane to watch, and the rest of the team really put the boot in when it counted.

What a great game of football today.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was pretty clear that if we kept applying pressure they'd eventually roll over, and roll over they did. I think what posters find really annoying is that it can often seem to take us a while to bring something close to our best against what we would deem lesser opponents. However what's positive in this instance is we were able to build into the game and really dominate a team we should have dominated.

I agree that belief takes you places, and in 2016 we generated that belief by hanging in there against pretty good sides with a team that was heavily impacted through injury across the season. Sure this year's start hasn't been perfect, in that we were a bit sloppy against the Pies, able to be dominated against the Eagles for a period of the game, and started slowly today but each win has had different positive aspects we can build on. For instance against the Pies we dominated possession and schooled a midfield that usually always shows up against us. We fought back from a last quarter deficit against a WCE that clearly came to play, while today we thrashed a team we should have thrashed.

I'm really looking forward to taking on Brissy next week. They'll be up and about after two solid weeks and close results, and with a backs to the wall mentality having not been able to return home for a few weeks unexpectedly. It's a game that if we account for ourselves really well in the effort department and be super competitive it will be a real positive for the group.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes josie, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I just got home from the game and couldn't agree more.
    Bont was hard tagged all game, but still came alive when we needed him to, Bruce was just insane to watch, and the rest of the team really put the boot in when it counted.

What a great game of football today.
    I mean my god what a nightmare our midfield is for oppositions. You have to tag Bont because he's close to the best mid in the comp. In order to do that you have to concede more liberty to the likes of Dunkley, Macrae, Libba, Smith and now Treloar. Good god.

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah it was pretty clear that if we kept applying pressure they'd eventually roll over, and roll over they did. I think what posters find really annoying is that it can often seem to take us a while to bring something close to our best against what we would deem lesser opponents. However what's positive in this instance is we were able to build into the game and really dominate a team we should have dominated.

I agree that belief takes you places, and in 2016 we generated that belief by hanging in there against pretty good sides with a team that was heavily impacted through injury across the season. Sure this year's start hasn't been perfect, in that we were a bit sloppy against the Pies, able to be dominated against the Eagles for a period of the game, and started slowly today but each win has had different positive aspects we can build on. For instance against the Pies we dominated possession and schooled a midfield that usually always shows up against us. We fought back from a last quarter deficit against a WCE that clearly came to play, while today we thrashed a team we should have thrashed.

I'm really looking forward to taking on Brissy next week. They'll be up and about after two solid weeks and close results, and with a backs to the wall mentality having not been able to return home for a few weeks unexpectedly. It's a game that if we account for ourselves really well in the effort department and be super competitive it will be a real positive for the group.
    Yeah I mean I don't think anyone really thought we'd lose. The concern was that we'd just repeat the first 1.5 quarters for most of the game and win by about 5-6 goals. The way North were playing I would not have been happy with that. Thankfully we stepped it up. Quite a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We belted North last year and now we’re the coolest and best team in it. Dogs by 400.
    Going with the rule that if you're under the margin, you're out, was this closest to the mark?