Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  141
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V North Melbourne R3 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I thought JJ played a good team game today and most importantly used the ball very well today bar one poor pass inside 50.
    The thing for me with JJ is his lack of composure. He just seems to always be needing to everything at 100% speed. Weirdly it's gotten worse for him when typically as you mature with the game things slow down a bit. He might just be really down on confidence. Been that way since that tagging incident sadly.

2. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bont was being tagged by Anderson. He got better when Anderson went off injured.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The thing for me with JJ is his lack of composure. He just seems to always be needing to everything at 100% speed. Weirdly it's gotten worse for him when typically as you mature with the game things slow down a bit. He might just be really down on confidence. Been that way since that tagging incident sadly.
    I agree. But I thought he was good in that regard today. The only one he botched was a pass inside 50. When he was running out of the back or through the middle I thought he delivered the ball forward with a lot more care and thoughtfulness. Only a sample size of 1, but given why he was dropped, today's performance suggests he's taken the feedback on board.

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t teach speed. JJ has that explosiveness and acceleration that can bust a game open. The way the game is played this year, will suit him more. I would persevere with him as his best attributes are a point of differentiation compared to the rest of the squad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I agree. But I thought he was good in that regard today. The only one he botched was a pass inside 50. When he was running out of the back or through the middle I thought he delivered the ball forward with a lot more care and thoughtfulness. Only a sample size of 1, but given why he was dropped, today's performance suggests he's taken the feedback on board.
    Yeah I agree. In some respects our loaded midfield, plus Caleb and now Williams, should help him. It'll be very hard for opposition teams to tag multiple players so he should get a fairly free run at things. He just needs to those defensive things defenders do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The jooce is loose.

On a side note I love that there's still room in the game for blokes with Cunnington's body shape.
    I admire him as a players. He has hardly played footy in last 2 years. His so strong and can stand up in a tackle. Does all the hard work in a crap midfield. If he was in our midfield he would pick up 40 possessions, probably any other team with a decent midfield.

I am still filthy and will always be on Ziebell for breaking Cloak's ribs. We did not see the best of Cloak in our club which I thought was a real tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Treloar. Worth every cent Collingwood is paying for him.
    Thats 30 million cents its costing them a year! I did not get around to post in R2, but love how Treloar helped us win and save the $.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I admire him as a players. He has hardly played footy in last 2 years. His so strong and can stand up in a tackle. Does all the hard work in a crap midfield. If he was in our midfield he would pick up 40 possessions, probably any other team with a decent midfield.

I am still filthy and will always be on Ziebell for breaking Cloak's ribs. We did not see the best of Cloak in our club which I thought was a real tragedy.
    Agree. A lot forget Travis was playing fairly well for us up to that point.

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree re Ziebell- a thug of the highest order. Feel we could have gotten another few years out of Cloke and that he could have played the big bullocking forward Bruce is playing so well now.

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the match committee continue to stuff it up every week.

14. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great presser from Bevo today. He really engaged with the young lad selected to sit with him as a representation of the children who benefit from the Good Friday Appeal.

Also really good to hear him put some perspective about the size of the win and Bruce's haul. He's pleased by how we took charge, but also understands that North are in a big rebuilding phase.
    I certainly don't think we'll be getting ahead of ourselves next week against Brisbane.

16. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few photos I took at the ground today including one of Bevo pre game

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was bloody fun.

I know NM are poor but that was an absolute day out.

Watching Treloar run inside 50 and kick 2 trademark goals was electrifying and seeing Bruce dominate with 10 and a 'Brucey' chant which lasted long after the game was magical.
    W00F!

20. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the early 80's I used to mostly dread walking into school on Monday mornings, usually being on the receiving end of a walloping.
    Geez its good to be on the other side.

Prior to 2016, I'd suspect this forum would be up and about following a record win.

That we're not is probably a good indication of how the bar has been raised.
    Still feels good though!!����

22. Likes Max469, merantau, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Revenge for 1996
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.