Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  133
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R4 2021

Margin:
    Our first goal:
    Our best on ground:
    Last edited by Eastdog; 01-03-2021 at 12:21 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R4 2021

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I am feeling positive about this one
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Margin: 23 Dogs win
    Our first goal: Bruce
    Our best on ground: Vander
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

WB by 20
    First goal VDM
    BOG Williams
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 16
    First Goal Naughton
    BOG Macrae - loves Ballarat.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If we were able to handle a forward line featuring Kennedy, Darling, Allen & Ryan, we should be ok with Hipwood, Daniher and Cameron. Yeah?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we were able to handle a forward line featuring Kennedy, Darling, Allen & Ryan, we should be ok with Hipwood, Daniher and Cameron. Yeah?
    Should be, but that Lions forward line is far more enigmatic than the Eagles one and no amount of match up data or thought could accurately predict if they're going to torch us or spend the whole game sitting on the boundary fencing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should be...

Where those WC fwds are fairly good set shots, the Lions fwds in particular Daniher and Hipwood can be all over the place. What we don’t want to see is Daniher kicking 4.1 and hipwood 3.0 and Cameron 3.0
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 18
    First goal Treloar
    BOG Bont

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to note that the last time we played Brisbane in Ballarat (2019) we had the likes of Suckling, Wallis, McLean, Cordy, Hayes, Trengove (as sole ruck), Gowers, Lloyd, Lachie Young and Fletcher Roberts all playing.

This time around, we're replacing them with the likes of Bruce, Martin, Vandermeer, English, Keath, Duryea, Treloar, Lipinski, Dale and Williams so I feel we're much stronger this time around.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Should be, but that Lions forward line is far more enigmatic than the Eagles one and no amount of match up data or thought could accurately predict if they're going to torch us or spend the whole game sitting on the boundary fencing.
    I'm not so worried about the forwards given the likely conditions and their penchant for spraying the ball all over the place, providing we can limit the supply.

What I am worried about is our midfield being given a substantial punch in the undies by a dedicated Brisbane outfit trying to generate some momentum in a start to the season in which they might feel the cards have fallen against them and riding high after an after the siren win last week.

We should be fresh in lieu of our eight day break, as should they. Any issues for us will be between the ears and I am looking for the likes of Bontempelli, Dunkley and Macrae to really stamp their authority around the contest early on.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to note that the last time we played Brisbane in Ballarat (2019) we had the likes of Suckling, Wallis, McLean, Cordy, Hayes, Trengove (as sole ruck), Gowers, Lloyd, Lachie Young and Fletcher Roberts all playing.

This time around, we're replacing them with the likes of Bruce, Martin, Vandermeer, English, Keath, Duryea, Treloar, Lipinski, Dale and Williams so I feel we're much stronger this time around.
    Certainly seems a bit slicker and dangerous than 2019s lot.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We won in 2019, some of the names you mentioned played well
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we played them it was pretty much decided by scores from centre clearances. Oscar had a career high in hit outs to advantage and our bigger mids couldn’t stop their more agile mids running away with easy clearances.