Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  133
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R4 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I found at gate 1 if you approached from the south the queue was huge.
    I walked up to the gate to look and there was a smaller queue.
    They needed someone with a megaphone directing it better.
    Probably many turned up around the same time from the same direction.
    According to the couple sitting near me it they arrived 35 minutes before the start of the game. They got there thinking they would have time to grab a snack and a coffee before watching the game.
    They got to their seats around the 20 minute mark of the 1st quarter so lets say it was a 50 to 55 minute wait for them to enter the ground and then to get to their seats.
    They indicated they wouldn't be doing that again.

You would have to think arriving 30 minutes prior should be sufficient.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Having designated gates for entry (due to Covid I’m assuming) and not enough staff scanning at those gates was the issue. Every single person getting security scanned also didn’t help speed things along.
    I think the Covid awareness was really lacking at the ground. They sectioned off spots but it wasn't what I'd call Covid ready.

Still our supporters will probably cop it sweet.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    According to the couple sitting near me it they arrived 35 minutes before the start of the game. They got there thinking they would have time to grab a snack and a coffee before watching the game.
    They got to their seats around the 20 minute mark of the 1st quarter so lets say it was a 50 to 55 minute wait for them to enter the ground and then to get to their seats.
    They indicated they wouldn't be doing that again.

You would have to think arriving 30 minutes prior should be sufficient.
    Yeah that's average.

Like I said the queue was massive from the south I think people just tagged onto the end of it.
    Needed some direction further down the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yeah that's average.

Like I said the queue was massive from the south I think people just tagged onto the end of it.
    Needed some direction further down the line.
    There are some flaws with the design of the ground, especially from Gate one around the ground to Gate 3. It is hard to get through the section, especially when you enter via gate one and wanted to go to the Western Stand.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to enter via gate three and ended up behind the scoreboard end goals without being able to access the standing wing. Didn't bother walking around the other way behind each of the stands to try and see if I could access that way, my friends and I were fine where we were.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Have to love On The Couch. They spend 10 minutes creaming over the Demons and all the things they're doing right (whatever, they're playing well so that's fine). They then get to us and Garry Lyon says we're like someone with a combover, thick at the front but thin at the back and highlights that we've had the fewest defensive 1 on 1s and lost the highest % of them. Flogs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Without acknowledging why we have so few defencive one on ones, of course.,,,,,,?

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Without acknowledging why we have so few defencive one on ones, of course.,,,,,,?
    They mentioned Bevo is doing a good job at taking the attention away from the defenders, like a man with a combover tries to hide the bald spot at the back.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we want people like Gary Lyons approval?

More than happy to let our results do the talking. Melbourne can play the adulation game. Let’s beat em where it matters most.

They do have a point though. And I understand the inconsistency of praise. I’m just so used to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that it is a plus for us to have the fewest defensive 1v1 contests.
    We also concede significantly less inside 50s and the least points against after playing 3 of the 2020 finalists.
    Seems we are doing pretty well in limiting our opponents.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

12. Likes Happy Days, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Having the least one on one defensive contests inside 50 is a bad thing. Okay.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Then you play a team like WCE that is truly elite in that area of the ground and those percentages are skewed by the fact there aren't many instances relative to the high number in that one game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I would suggest that it is a plus for us to have the fewest defensive 1v1 contests.
    We also concede significantly less inside 50s and the least points against after playing 3 of the 2020 finalists.
    Seems we are doing pretty well in limiting our opponents.
    Without wanting the Sh*t on anyone's parade, Collingwood 2021 are not Collingwood of 2020. WCE were injury depleted, especially in the midfield; and Brisbane are not quite where they were this time last year - though not a basket case.

We have been impressive, but I think tougher tests are still to come. For me I will gauge how we are travelling when we play the 3 teams we have struggled to beat over the last few years - Melbourne; Carlton and St. Kilda.

We've had a great start to the year. Its only 4 games though and one of those was against NM, who are an absolute basket case. The signs are good. I like our on ball structures; I like our forward set up; I like our run and intercept in defence. We're won without major contributions from CD, The Bont (at times), Hunter, Bazlenka and have seen the emergence of a strong 2nd tier - Dunks, Dale, Williams, Doc, Vanders, Scott, McNeil, English, Bruce. Its promising, but very early days yet and clubs will start to unpick us and our style - its how we respond when that happens that will be really interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Without wanting the Sh*t on anyone's parade, Collingwood 2021 are not Collingwood of 2020. WCE were injury depleted, especially in the midfield; and Brisbane are not quite where they were this time last year - though not a basket case.

We have been impressive, but I think tougher tests are still to come. For me I will gauge how we are travelling when we play the 3 teams we have struggled to beat over the last few years - Melbourne; Carlton and St. Kilda.

We've had a great start to the year. Its only 4 games though and one of those was against NM, who are an absolute basket case. The signs are good. I like our on ball structures; I like our forward set up; I like our run and intercept in defence. We're won without major contributions from CD, The Bont (at times), Hunter, Bazlenka and have seen the emergence of a strong 2nd tier - Dunks, Dale, Williams, Doc, Vanders, Scott, McNeil, English, Bruce. Its promising, but very early days yet and clubs will start to unpick us and our style - its how we respond when that happens that will be really interesting.
    I wouldn't have these 3 part of that group yet... they've had good moments, but their outputs have been underwhelming, but not surprising due to their stature within the team.

And to your point we have a real tricky run from RDs 7-16 so will have a good idea where we sit during or after this phase, but the signs are promising thus far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post

While I don't disagree with your summation, my post was a response to the talking up of Melbourne by Garry Lyon, who used our defensive 1v1 to denigrate us.

On the other hand Melbourne have hardly had to play the competition heavyweights.

Freo in Melbourne
    St Kilda (missing their important 1st choice ruckmen)
    GWS, who basically rolled over
    Geelong (missing several 1st choice players including Dangerfield)

We are doing ok.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes azabob liked this post