9 Tim English (WB)
    3 Adam Treloar (WB)
    3 Aaron Naughton (WB)
    3 Eric Hipwood (BL)
    2 Bailey Dale (WB)
    1 Daniel Rich (BL)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R4 2021

One thing to keep in mind with the lack of plaudits is that the expectations outside the club seemed to be higher than those here on WOOF (from my perspective at least)

While we here were wondering how we'll work with 2 rucks, will our midfield fit in all these 'stars' or just become an unaccountable mess that beats up on weaker teams and whether the team as a whole has the consistency of effort and intensity over 4 quarters to improve on our weaknesses of yesteryear... the AFL media just saw:

IN: Martin+ Treloar. Dogs+2=top4

So while we've all been quite impressed and happy with the early signs I think the AFL media sees a beatup of North and 3 performances about on Par with what's expected.

3. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    One thing to keep in mind with the lack of plaudits is that the expectations outside the club seemed to be higher than those here on WOOF (from my perspective at least)

While we here were wondering how we'll work with 2 rucks, will our midfield fit in all these 'stars' or just become an unaccountable mess that beats up on weaker teams and whether the team as a whole has the consistency of effort and intensity over 4 quarters to improve on our weaknesses of yesteryear... the AFL media just saw:

IN: Martin+ Treloar. Dogs+2=top4

So while we've all been quite impressed and happy with the early signs I think the AFL media sees a beatup of North and 3 performances about on Par with what's expected.
    3 Performances against last years top 8 teams - that is impressive to date.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    3 Performances against last years top 8 teams - that is impressive to date.
    Collingwood who last anyone remembers is a rabble after their fire sale, West Coast in Melbourne, and Brisbane in Ballarat. Games that they would expect us to win and that we didn't win by huge margins (like Melbourne against Geelong). It's just not a story in their eyes, correct or not.

That said don't assume I'm not impressed. I wasn't expecting things to work out as well as they have.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood who last anyone remembers is a rabble after their fire sale, West Coast in Melbourne, and Brisbane in Ballarat. Games that they would expect us to win and that we didn't win by huge margins (like Melbourne against Geelong). It's just not a story in their eyes, correct or not.

That said don't assume I'm not impressed. I wasn't expecting things to work out as well as they have.
    Not that I care, but no matter who we beat or how we perform, the media won't give us praise

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about our wins (beside the Eagles game) is that we’ve done it without the individual brilliance of Bont to carry us over the line. We aren’t close to peaking yet and have another gear or 2.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The WCE game is an interesting one for me, in that they had two of their best midfielders out and we had Wood and Crozier out and a backline that hadn't really played much footy together. I guess it's also notable that we were seeing how a new forward/ ruck structure would come together against the best ruck and marking defenders in the league so fair to say we were ourselves a bit of an unknown quantity.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we have to take into account the opposition's current records

North 0 and 4
    Lions 1 and 3
    Pies 1 and 3
    Eagles 2 and 2

Of course we are part of the reason for that, but so far I don't think we've played any super hot sides so I'm happy but not getting carried away
    (saving that for Jamarra in September)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I guess we have to take into account the opposition's current records

North 0 and 4
    Lions 1 and 3
    Pies 1 and 3
    Eagles 2 and 2

Of course we are part of the reason for that, but so far I don't think we've played any super hot sides so I'm happy but not getting carried away
    (saving that for Jamarra in September)
    Many ways to look at it, but I will take 4-0 top of ladder and huge percentage any time.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting off to a good start and the confidence that comes from a winning culture can't be understated.

Demons have been horrific for two years with a lot of their current world beaters previously incapable of executing basic skills. They've had a pretty sweet draw so far with Freo, GC, a horribly out of form Saints, and a pretty out of form (and struggling to adjust to the changes) Cats. Regardless, all of a sudden their players have belief and they are a team that look hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, looks like we were ahead of the game here.

AFL RULE CONFUSION

The Brisbane Lions were more than a little perturbed by the Western Bulldogs’ team selection on Saturday in Ballarat.

The Lions’ understanding was that the medical substitute must come from the four listed emergencies an hour before the game.

But an hour before the first bounce, emergency Lewis Young parachuted into the 22 and Pat Lipinski was demoted from the team to the medical sub.

Man on the Mark understands Brisbane sought clarity from the AFL, which ticked off on the Bulldogs manoeuvre.

The official wording reads: ‘A medical substitute player will be selected from the emergency players named in the team list, which is lodged with the AFL the day prior to the scheduled match.’

Brisbane accepted the league’s verdict but believed the wording should be more clear to avoid any ambiguity.
    Link

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what's ambiguous about that.

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Not sure what's ambiguous about that.
    Because Lipinski was in the 22, not the 4 listed emergencies.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was cheeky too.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Because Lipinski was in the 22, not the 4 listed emergencies.
    Yes that's it, the wording should've denied Lipinski being sub.

How did they justify it being ok?