Likes Likes:  133
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R4 2021

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    9 News just announced Daniel offered one match ban
    What rubbish
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're a genuine contender this year but I question our depth, every premier needs some luck as we got in 2016 bringing 5 players back early for finals and having them all hold together, but bring Lipinski in for Libba and Sweet in for Martin and suddenly our gold standard midfield isn't papering over our weak defense. I can see us going 9-2 in the first half then 5-6 in the run home with a few cattle down and battling to win a final

McNeil & Scott I suspect are keeping their spots on measurements like pace, pressure, metres gained, distance run. People were wondering how Will Hayes kept his spot just watching the game without realising the ground he covers

Richmond have lost their last 2 so beating them won't change much, but if we're 7-0 at that point we will be hard to ignore
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

It's a strange game AFL. You can throw an elbow at someone's face with intent and only get a fine, but two motions in a tackle you get a week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I think we're a genuine contender this year but I question our depth, every premier needs some luck as we got in 2016 bringing 5 players back early for finals and having them all hold together, but bring Lipinski in for Libba and Sweet in for Martin and suddenly our gold standard midfield isn't papering over our weak defense. I can see us going 9-2 in the first half then 5-6 in the run home with a few cattle down and battling to win a final

McNeil & Scott I suspect are keeping their spots on measurements like pace, pressure, metres gained, distance run. People were wondering how Will Hayes kept his spot just watching the game without realising the ground he covers

Richmond have lost their last 2 so beating them won't change much, but if we're 7-0 at that point we will be hard to ignore
    Our depth kept us in touch in 2016, and we kept on grinding along. Early in the season before the injuries set in we showed we were a very good team that year and after injuries subsided we showed were very very good.

So is our depth worse now? I mean out of the team we have Gardner, Wallis, Crozier, West, Lipinski, Richards, Schache, Jong, Hannan and Cordy who have all shown they can be solid contributors at AFL level and play a role. Additionally we have some more speculative players in Cavarra, West, Khamis, Weightman and Ugle-Hagan who might take a step, plus some grinders in Smith and Hayes who could also be called upon.

So I think that our ruck vulnerability is what it is and I agree it would be a concern if Martin went down long term, though largely I think this is the most covered for depth I think we've ever been and I'd be surprised if there were many teams as well covered as we are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    9 News just announced Daniel offered one match ban
    The AFL hate us.
    Daniel has a lower centre of gravity, and just be shear fluke the guy ducks into the tackle whilst kicking his feet back up and lands on his back. It was an accident and he cops a 1 match ban. The club should appeal, unless Daniel is sore or injured ( I hope his not).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's a strange game AFL. You can throw an elbow at someone's face with intent and only get a fine, but two motions in a tackle you get a week.
    I take it you're referring to Hawkins splitting May face open? Commentators have already decided there was nothing in that.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the members coming to their seats were complaining about how long it took them to get in.
    Some people I was sitting near arrived at their seats about about the 20 minute mark of the first quarter and said they were in the queue around 30 minutes before the game start. To say the least, they were more than a bit annoyed.

Heard similar stories from other people at the ground and then on the train ride home.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A lot of the members coming to their seats were complaining about how long it took them to get in.
    Some people I was sitting near arrived at their seats about about the 20 minute mark of the first quarter and said they were in the queue around 30 minutes before the game start. To say the least, they were more than a bit annoyed.

Heard similar stories from other people at the ground and then on the train ride home.
    Yeah it was a shambles getting in. They really need to do better moving forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I take it you're referring to Hawkins splitting May face open? Commentators have already decided there was nothing in that.
    No, just a general comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah it was a shambles getting in. They really need to do better moving forward.
    I walked around to the social club area after seeing the queue and walked straight in.
    I wonder what caused the hold-up? I hate hearing "never again" from our supporters especially when it's not really a club issue.

It was at least 20 people that I heard that weren't impressed. It must have inconvenienced 100's of people.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I walked around to the social club area after seeing the queue and walked straight in.
    I wonder what caused the hold-up? I hate hearing "never again" from our supporters especially when it's not really a club issue.

It was at least 20 people that I heard that weren't impressed. It must have inconvenienced 100's of people.
    Having designated gates for entry (due to Covid I’m assuming) and not enough staff scanning at those gates was the issue. Every single person getting security scanned also didn’t help speed things along.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

...when it's not really a club issue.
    I wasn't in Ballarat and if I come over it will not likely be for a game at Mars.

But this is ABSOLUTELY a club issue. It is our home game, relocated from Marvel for $. Members are restricted in their ability to access the venue due to location...getting in was a problem (as were facilities) at previous games...this needs to be sorted out. And yes, unfortunate as it might be, this means the club needs to sort them.

If you enter into a partnership and your partner is not doing their share, there are two things that need to happen:

1/. HELP them do their bit and if necessary take it on and sort it out yourself.
    2/. (This part later) renegotiate the partnership on the basis that you have been forced to spend additional time/$.

I don't think we can say this isn't a club issue.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Joe, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Having designated gates for entry (due to Covid I’m assuming) and not enough staff scanning at those gates was the issue. Every single person getting security scanned also didn’t help speed things along.
    My ticket indicated Gate 3. On my approach to the ground the queues for gate 1 were huge, but at gate 3 I pretty much just walked in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I found at gate 1 if you approached from the south the queue was huge.
    I walked up to the gate to look and there was a smaller queue.
    They needed someone with a megaphone directing it better.
    Probably many turned up around the same time from the same direction.

Post Thanks / Like

The delays were definitely driven by the protocols installed to address COVIDSafe plans etc. Theres just so much arbitrary, superfluous action that creates work, for no real benefit, its quite astounding.

Real lack of human centred centred design in the development of the new procedures. The good news I suppose is that things were good prior to this and as the environment shifts, hopefully we see things revert to form.