Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  100
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Gold Coast Suns R5 2021

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Its not his fault he was played out of position and for its worth, I thought he did a pretty good job up forward.
    Never quite grasped why he was one of the whipping boys.
    Because he would kick goals some weeks and disappear other weeks. He was completely inconsistent.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Because he would kick goals some weeks and disappear other weeks. He was completely inconsistent.
    No others players like that?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Poor result. Should have been 24k plus
    I wonder what might have turned some people away
    Honestly if I could guess it would be the timeslot and the fact the game day experience leaves a lot to be desired as you're constantly being shouted at with incessant and high pitched bullshit. I went to the WC game and whilst the game itself was fantastic the "entertainment" was utter rubbish and made me not want to go to every game.

Now it could be that it's something I've got to get used to again, and perhaps some folks are like me and might take a bit of time after the last year we've had, but watching from the couch - commentary notwithstanding - isn't nearly as offencive to the senses.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes SonofScray, 1eyedog, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought it was a great result, albeit with some blemishes that we need to take notice of and ensure we can tighten up to avoid in the future.

We're 5-0 and our percentage is fantastic. Pretty happy right now.

6. Likes azabob, 1eyedog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back home from the game now.

Top of the ladder 5-0 178.6%. Great stuff!

Planning tomorrow on going to a pub in the inner west to celebrate tomorrow.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Poor result. Should have been 24k plus
    I wonder what might have turned some people away
    I know my elderly mum and auntie don't go because they can't be bothered with the ticketing, even though I would organise. They are members.
    Spoke to a gent walking from the WO to the station today and he said the same thing. He's a member but doesn't have a smart phone (had an older one) and couldn't be bothered. I said it was pretty straight forward for me but understood the angst.
    Maybe school hols too?
    I thought it was really a poor crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Back home from the game now.

Top of the ladder 5-0 178.6%. Great stuff!

Planning tomorrow on going to a pub in the inner west to celebrate tomorrow.

Go Dogs!
    Giants knocked of the Swans, they're in decent form be a good game next week.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the more ordinary 10 goal wins

We got complacent in the third which was disappointing but it happens. I’m glad we finished strongly as those kind of sloppy efforts can become just as contagious as better habits can. I think we’ve become a little over- confident in all those talls. We had plenty of time in the first half and still just bombed away. A better side would have made us pay. Still, a great start to the year.

Really disappointed with the crowd given how we’re playing, and Bont’s milestone.

I said on Twitter that the noise level from the “entertainment” was intolerable. It was impossible to have a conversation. I’m against it on principle, it adds nothing to force feed us this tripe, but if it’s going to happen, can the decibel level be reduced because it came close to ruining the afternoon.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Giants knocked of the Swans, they're in decent form be a good game next week.
    Next 2 matches for us will be good challenges.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    One of the more ordinary 10 goal wins

We got complacent in the third which was disappointing but it happens. I’m glad we finished strongly as those kind of sloppy efforts can become just as contagious as better habits can. I think we’ve become a little over- confident in all those talls. We had plenty of time in the first half and still just bombed away. A better side would have made us pay. Still, a great start to the year.

Really disappointed with the crowd given how we’re playing, and Bont’s milestone.

I said on Twitter that the noise level from the “entertainment” was intolerable. It was impossible to have a conversation. I’m against it on principle, it adds nothing to force feed us this tripe, but if it’s going to happen, can the decibel level be reduced because it came close to ruining the afternoon.
    Yeah it really is intolerable and its why I dont bother going to matches that often.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only grump!!

17. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah it really is intolerable and its why I dont bother going to matches that often.
    We should let the club know. Not sure anyone will listen but at least they will know that the “audience” they think they’re “entertaining” don’t want every second filled with inane drivel.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever AFL send those surveys out I always blast them for the volume. I’ve taken to wearing noise cancellation headphones. Folks have no idea how much damage you can do to your hearing. I am concerned every time I see really young kids ie babies or toddlers without hearing protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will get this back on track in the last quarter.
    Well predicted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Honestly if I could guess it would be the timeslot and the fact the game day experience leaves a lot to be desired as you're constantly being shouted at with incessant and high pitched bullshit. I went to the WC game and whilst the game itself was fantastic the "entertainment" was utter rubbish and made me not want to go to every game.

Now it could be that it's something I've got to get used to again, and perhaps some folks are like me and might take a bit of time after the last year we've had, but watching from the couch - commentary notwithstanding - isn't nearly as offencive to the senses.
    Thanks for the insight.

I enjoy the 4.30ish time slot but maybe it doesn't suit enough. I listen to the radio so I really enjoyed the experience.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"