Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  126
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R6 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I was happy that Finlayson had a stinker. Hate that guy.
    I get the pantomime Greene hate but Finlayson is a douche who stinks it up regularly in big games. I'm on a unity ticket with you on this dickhead.

Greene is a top 15 player in the competition and one of the most pure footballers going around. He suffers from the red mist but his talent and footy IQ are off the charts. He's actually being wasted in his prime the last couple of years in a pretty ordinary mid table team. I struggle to even dislike him now.
    Last edited by Sedat; 24-04-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Testekill, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I get the pantomime Greene hate but Finlayson is a douche who stinks it up regularly in big games. I'm on a unity ticket with you on this dickhead.

Greene is a top 15 player in the the competition and one of the most pure footballers going around. He suffers from the red mist but his talent and footy IQ are off the charts. He's actually being wasted in his prime the last couple of years in a pretty ordinary mid table team. I struggle to even dislike him now.
    Like when he crippled a bouncer

4. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Like when he crippled a bouncer
    Purely talking on the ground, and to be honest the last couple of years he has let his talent do the talking much moreso than his fists. I can admire pure football talent, especially when it is usually a forlorn task in a mediocre team.

Off the ground is a different story. Having said that, he not the lone ranger when it comes to unacceptable behaviour away from the club.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Purely talking on the ground, and to be honest the last couple of years he has let his talent do the talking much moreso than his fists. I can admire pure football talent, especially when it is usually a forlorn task in a mediocre team.

Off the ground is a different story. Having said that, he not the lone ranger when it comes to unacceptable behaviour away from the club.
    Might be a good footballer but still an absolute dickhead. Laying on top of of The Bont and pressing his elbows into his neck, is just not on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Might be a good footballer but still an absolute dickhead. Laying on top of of The Bont and pressing his elbows into his neck, is just not on.
    Woody was right in there to fly the flag. We'll never let 2019 repeat itself again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes bornadog, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene is a top 15 player in the the competition and one of the most pure footballers going around. He suffers from the red mist but his talent and footy IQ are off the charts. He's actually being wasted in his prime the last couple of years in a pretty ordinary mid table team. I struggle to even dislike him now.
    Call it for what it is, rather than red mist. He is a *!*!*!*!wit, who often does opportunistic dirty things to vulnerable people.

Agree with everything else about his talent, he is an out and out gun.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the standard of the press conference questions. A breath of fresh air. I enjoyed him on the 'Danny Boyd' podcast a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Re the scratches, after the match the cameras focused on a couple of others who had them. Woody may have been one.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever we think of Greene, it certainly adds a bit to the match build up when the opposition has a villain. Once upon a time i think every side had at least one.

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Re the scratches, after the match the cameras focused on a couple of others who had them. Woody may have been one.
    I'd be asking the Gi-ants for a please explain.

18. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great hard fought win last night from our team. Our midfield work was great. We were excellent at the clearances. Libba such an important player in our team. The downside were the injuries. I feel for Lin Jong. No luck. Hopefully English and Dunkley will be ok.

Enjoyed a pub meal at the Victoria Hotel in Footscray today and chatted to the guy who served me about the Dogs start. Drove also in Braybrook a bit past the Skinner Reserve down Churchill Avenue, Duke Street and South Road which would be familiar to woofers who grew up in Braybrook.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes Happy Days, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene is a top 15 player in the competition and one of the most pure footballers going around. He suffers from the red mist but his talent and footy IQ are off the charts. He's actually being wasted in his prime the last couple of years in a pretty ordinary mid table team. I struggle to even dislike him now.
    He's amazing. Don't think I'll ever be able to say I struggle to dislike him, because I'm a noble romanticist, but he is an out and out incredible player.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Call it for what it is, rather than red mist. He is a *!*!*!*!wit, who often does opportunistic dirty things to vulnerable people.

Agree with everything else about his talent, he is an out and out gun.
    No doubt it's the excellent upbringing his father gave him that leads to his wonderful attitude to life and his respect for his opponents.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b99c4c98671590
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

23. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene’s my favourite non-Dogs player, which was set in stone in that game where he punted Dahl in the face only to take a hanger and kick a goal like 30 seconds later. The sooner you all accept that there is no justice or fairness in the world the happier you’ll all be.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

25. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These I loathe
    These days I loathe Himmelberg more than Greene and Finlayson
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.