Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  126
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R6 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The ball drop is a mess. Absolute lottery where the ball ends up.
    But...his marking. Have we ever had a player grab the ball like that? The bullet pass from Bont which he caught so cleanly. The leaps over the packs. He was sensational in the air. I thought his kicking had improved lately but it just doesn’t do justice to his elite play in other areas.

It was a weird game. Flat and, well, boring in parts. Not helped by the lethargic and dopey commentating. How Brayshaw gets a gig is beyond me. To think Kelly Underwood got criticised for her voice. He is staccato, unfluent and bone lazy in his lack of knowledge and insight into what’s going on.

Poor Lin Jong, this game is cruel. I can’t imagine how he’s feeling tonight. He could so easily have been a premiership player but he has never had a scintilla of luck.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Is there a more dangerous player in the game than Greene? He looks like he's going to have impact any time he's near it.
    I hate to say it but Green was involved in 5 of the first 6 goals. His probably one of the best one touch balance in the comp and looks so balanced whenever he goes near the ball. His a freakish in terms of how he reads the play unfold and his ability to get to the ball, grab it and execute. That 60 m first goal was phenomenal.

What was JJ role today ? He looked very rusty and just could not pick up the ball cleanly. His spot at risk. The way the backline is setup now and played, it did not suit his run and carry. Once GWS cut that off, we had to ping the ball accurately.

I feel for in Jong when he went down, he could have been anything except these bloody injuries. His injured his hammies a few times now. I hope he makes a fast recovery.
    Last edited by macca; 24-04-2021 at 01:31 AM.

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as he's easy to hate, Greene is an elite player and we would love to have someone of his ability and mindset in our side as a small/medium fwd. If anything, the captaincy has made him take another level, which is a sign of a great player.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone listen to the Press Conference? The media actually knew what they were talking about and had interesting questions. Credit to who ever was there asking those.

8. Likes divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Anyone listen to the Press Conference? The media actually knew what they were talking about and had interesting questions. Credit to who ever was there asking those.
    Pretty sure it was just Jude Bolton asking Bevo questions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim English injury was horrifying. Naughton Came right into his teammate and seemed a bit careless to me. It's fine to be able to launch yourself at a pack as he does but a bit of awareness helps.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Tim English injury was horrifying. Naughton Came right into his teammate and seemed a bit careless to me. It's fine to be able to launch yourself at a pack as he does but a bit of awareness helps.
    In the heat of play it's impossible for players to gainsay where others around them are going to put their bodies in the contest. I think it's a case of "See ball, get ball." And hope no one gets hurt by friendly fire.

Naughton is an exceptional pack mark - the best going around at the moment. Long may he launch.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    As comrade said it was Bolton and also Del Santo was asking questions as well.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

So the first three quarters was very much bulldog footy from 17-20 very little reward for effort but this is a different team now. We were playing a young side who had parked the bus but once we broke the shackles we did what good teams do and put them away quickly.

I'm loving our centre bounce work and particularly loving when Trealor holds himself and follows the footy just outside the contest and then explodes away. He is definitely taking an extra step and finishing beatifuly atm, that last quarter goal is what you go to the footy to see.

15. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    As comrade said it was Bolton and also Del Santo was asking questions as well.
    Pretty sure it was just Jude Bolton asking Bevo questions.
    It was so much better than usual. I'm so used to hearing crap like this:

"Good win tonight Bevo, you've got to be happy with that?"
    "What did you think of X incident?"
    "What did you think of X decision"
    Etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice, apart from the evidence in scratches, how often Bont was getting scragged and held off the ball? It probably happens most weeks but I thought it was more noticeable last night.

Also the umpiring was really off last night. I know we benefited mostly from it, but I knew after half time when we had a large differential that the umpiring would change for the second half. Low and behold it did and we started to see some strange decisions in their favour. You can set your watch to them evening up the tally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Wallis.......
    Thanks. Indicative of how long since I have been here and my current state of mind.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the game last night so catching up now. I see that coward Nick Haynes subbed himself out early out of fear of Bontempelli, interesting strategy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes jeemak, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was happy that Finlayson had a stinker. Hate that guy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

22. Likes merantau, G-Mo77, Dry Rot, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was happy that Finlayson had a stinker. Hate that guy.
    Snake man.

Is there any update on Dunks or does anyone have any idea about this type of injury? What are the options can it be wrapped up and managed through a season or is he going to require surgery with a view to a later round return?

Hi absence cannot be understated. He's been pretty equal to our best player over the past 6 weeks and not having him out there is going to hurt us dearly.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.