Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  126
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R6 2021

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Hope you’re feeling a bit better today Dry Rot.

Yep, Treloar is a massive pick up. The energy he brings is undeniably what our one paced midfield desperately needed.
    Thanks DG. Feeling a bit better today.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Hope hat you're bearing up OK mate, I know the special pleasure that is having a wisdom tooth removed is.

I was walking through the middle of the city the day I was on the way to have mine taken out. Being in a hurry I crossed the road against the pedestrian lights. A bloke in a cheap suit walked up and flashed a warrant card and said "my name is constable So-and-so from the traffic division. We are conducting a blitz against Jay walkers in the city today and I just observed you cross against the lights"

He got his notebook out and opened it up and as he did it he said "can I ask where you are in such a hurry to get too today?" I said I was running late for an appointment to have my wisdom teeth out at which point he shut his notebook, put it away and said "well in that case sir I will let you go on your way because your day is about to get a whole lot worse and I don't want to add to it.

He was dead right too.
    Thanks, great story.

I have been quoting that today.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was a better press conference than the usual dross that is served up.

Interesting question about the third man up, and Tom Boyd's opinion that it had a major impact on our fortunes in the years after 2016. Bevo basically agreed, noting that while we trained for it and used it to our benefit. He followed up by noting the major issue we had in the ensuing years was the huge changes in personnel that took place after the close of the 2017 season, which probably supports the theory (whatever we want to call the process of putting the right list together to compete again) that it was a huge factor in how we performed.

Further to Tom's comments that the third man up was an advantage we pushed, he also claimed the stationary man on the mark has benefitted our wish to play free flowing football. Bevo in this instance suggested that we trained really hard on how to defend it, which was also insightful.
    Been quite a bit of discussion on twitter regarding the press conference (length & quality). Besides Jude Bolton I believe lots of the questions were asked by Cody Atkinson (ABC) who has penned the following article which has lots of interesting points.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...flag/100100592

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell!? An interesting insightful article which tells us about things we don’t know. Such a rarity...more please !
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes bornadog, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Been quite a bit of discussion on twitter regarding the press conference (length & quality). Besides Jude Bolton I believe lots of the questions were asked by Cody Atkinson (ABC) who has penned the following article which has lots of interesting points.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...flag/100100592
    Great article.

Also interesting to listen to Craig Jennings discuss how we defend and rely on the mids to help the defenders. If they don't get back fast enough, he says we are not good at defending one on one.

We certainly play a different brand of footy than any other team - the genius of Bevo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.