Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  126
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V GWS Giants R6 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    But for little result. We're keeping very good order behind the ball.
    But it’s not only today, but has been most games. We are allowing teams to come out far too easily. Against the really good teams, this will hurt us.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    200 disposals to 150, smashing them in contested poss, clearances, stoppages - all the KPIs are there.

Now to put the score on the board in the 3rd
    We've also had the rub of the green with the umpiring, partially because they are all grubs.

Plenty of players who can lift. Big Stef won't like being beaten. English seems to have his timing off. JJ, Vanders, Scott have offered nothing.

I think Duryea, Wood and Hunter have been good (outside the usual midfielders).

Post Thanks / Like

Our big mids are winning mountains of ball and just not doing enough with it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    But it’s not only today, but has been most games. We are allowing teams to come out far too easily. Against the really good teams, this will hurt us.
    I think the plan is that we score enough goals with our method, that them getting a couple of easy ones out the back throughout the game doesn't impact on our ability to win the game.

I don't agree with it, but I would imagine that's part of the risk assessment for the game plan.

Post Thanks / Like

We are not going to blow teams away, or have things on our terms week in week out. It's how our system and effort hold up that counts.
    Yes, we need to finish, but this is a very good check for how our game plan holds up when we're not in total control. So far I think it's holding up well.

Post Thanks / Like

It will get better, 10 minutes of productive football will sort them out. 3 tall forwards not quite working at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It will get better, 10 minutes of productive football will sort them out. 3 tall forwards not quite working at the moment.
    Bit like last nights game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We have looked very ordinary so far. Being killed in the ruck and they are waltzing it out of defence. We certainly aren't playing well against a team that has 10 players who've played less than 20 games a piece.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I think the plan is that we score enough goals with our method, that them getting a couple of easy ones out the back throughout the game doesn't impact on our ability to win the game.

I don't agree with it, but I would imagine that's part of the risk assessment for the game plan.
    Totally understand the method, and if it wins games that’s fine, but when the weaker teams can do it with regularity (and may not hurt us), I can’t see the top teams not making it count with regularity. Time will tell, it I’d like to see us strengthen this part of our game.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that’s because it’s so cold and dewy or our failure to run and carry
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The system looks fine, this looks more personnel based.

English has been pushed off the ball every time / isn't reading the flight of it, Naughton has struggled and as a result our forwards aren't predictable to each other as they have been.

Ball use hasn't helped, some poor execution of basic skill and I don't think we're trying to take the game on with flair.

Smith needs a big half, ditto Vandermeer.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Our big mids are winning mountains of ball and just not doing enough with it.
    They’re doing a good job of cutting off our options. We’ve got no flow. Hopefully we can break them down in the 2nd half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We have looked very ordinary so far. Being killed in the ruck and they are waltzing it out of defence. We certainly aren't playing well against a team that has 10 players who've played less than 20 games a piece.
    Maybe we just expected to turn up and it would all happen.
    So many players can lift. Let’s hope they can. The first 6-10 mins of the 3rd should show where our mindset is at.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Would be nice that if they don't mark the ball, that they don't get out-marked... English isn't getting near it at all.

And we need to be better on the ground, besides Hunter our small forwards aren't getting enough ground balls or creating pressure.