Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beveridge interview

Another interesting Bevo interview today, played the hypeman in regards to Naughton and suggested he could be an AA defender or a Coleman medallist.

Also gave Dunks a slight whack by saying he's not in great form at the moment and once again reiterated how far off Marra is in terms of his tank. Hope we're not dealing with Veszpremi 2.0
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Also gave Dunks a slight whack by saying he's not in great form at the moment and once again reiterated how far off Marra is in terms of his tank. Hope we're not dealing with Veszpremi 2.0
    Yeah I hope we give him a fair and extended run in the seniors too. Veszpremi could still make it!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah I hope we give him a fair and extended run in the seniors too. Veszpremi could still make it!
    I was thinking about this the other day when we were discussing rookie spots.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Another interesting Bevo interview today, played the hypeman in regards to Naughton and suggested he could be an AA defender or a Coleman medallist.

Can you remind me what the scenario was with Ves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Can you remind me what the scenario was with Ves?
    Had the cardiovascular ability of a 75 year old smoker
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the cardiovascular ability of a 75 year old smoker
    Thanks, I suspected that was where we were headed, but thought I might have missed a falling out or something of that nature.

Post Thanks / Like

So why our #1 pick languishes in the VFL, McNeil and Scott knocking down door for selection?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    So why our #1 pick languishes in the VFL, McNeil and Scott knocking down door for selection?
    I don't mind us setting realistic expectations on Marra. If his fitness levels are miles off, he'll be eaten alive in the senior team. Best to learn his trade off Broadway and come in when he's ready.

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

18 year old kid versus more mature players
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes DOG GOD, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Comrade and Bornadog. Been out of the loop so haven’t heard or read any news on the new recruits, since the main draft. Appreciate the replies.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Comrade and Bornadog. Been out of the loop so haven’t heard or read any news on the new recruits, since the main draft. Appreciate the replies.
    All good, I'm excited to see him but also don't want to unleash him too early and hurt his development. Need to play the long game with a talent like him.

16. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dunks whack. Very interesting he singled him out. I'm sure he was asked, however he would've expected the question which makes the response intriguing.

We've seen Bevo hold a grudge in the past, watch this space I guess to see if action meets rhetoric when it comes to "Team Dunkley".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    The Dunks whack. Very interesting he singled him out. I'm sure he was asked, however he would've expected the question which makes the response intriguing.

We've seen Bevo hold a grudge in the past, watch this space I guess to see if action meets rhetoric when it comes to "Team Dunkley".
    Also made a point that it wasn't only Dunkley that had to chip in with ruck duties, noting that Bontempelli and Macrae had to lend a hand as well.

You're right, he was directly asked about the Dunkley situation and chose to put an arm around with the left and dish out a bit of a whack with the right! BAD posted the link to the interview if you're interested, it goes for about fifteen minutes.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Begs the question why Beveridge didn't push for a pressure, small and lively forward given this isn't anything new.

Bedendo looks talented, McNeil impressed .... but we have no small forwards of quality.
    I think you are writing off Cody Weightman a bit too quickly. Our first pick in the 2019 draft. The acknowledged best small forward available at that pick. Has been at the club for 1 year. Debuted in his first year and has played three games in total. He hasn't proven anything yet, but most players haven't at the end of their first year at AFL level.

So one draft ago the club clearly pushed for a pressure, small and lively forward, using their first pick on the best one available. The year before they picked up Ben Cavarra, a mature age, pressure, small and lively forward, with pick 45 and chased hard after Chad Wingard without success. So I think your criticism is a bit sharp and the jury is still out on just how many talented small forwards we currently have on the list.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why Bevo felt the need to say that Dunkley position in our best 22 was not secure? I get Bevo is indicating his form isn't at the best and that was evident in the Hawks game but I also tend to think a comment like that might be more of a de-motivator than a motivator

Intriguing comment
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"