Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  58
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Mitch Wallis succumb to our 'leading goalkicker' curse?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sorry, not at all. I just don't think it's something to be too concerned about as all of the situations are different, had different causes etc.

Wally's an interesting one. It's not as if he wasn't given an opportunity to play a role with us this year, with the reality being that he was and just stunk it up over a couple of practice outings and two rounds of the real stuff.
    We have had long term stability in our coaches and yet for various reasons the leadership group hasn't been able to settle.
    I think we need to get Dunks and Treloar onto that group for next season and maybe there is a leadership gap we need to address since Wood moved off the group.
    I'd like to see it settle down around the exceptional Bontempelli
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have had long term stability in our coaches and yet for various reasons the leadership group hasn't been able to settle.
    I think we need to get Dunks and Treloar onto that group for next season and maybe there is a leadership gap we need to address since Wood moved off the group.
    I'd like to see it settle down around the exceptional Bontempelli
    Adz, Dunks and I'd almost say Libba as well to enter our leadership group next year, I was never a fan of just Cap/VC, I'd like to see a few of the boys step up and do it.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Adz, Dunks and I'd almost say Libba as well to enter our leadership group next year, I was never a fan of just Cap/VC, I'd like to see a few of the boys step up and do it.
    Two guys with history of long term injury concerns and another guy who has done two knees will fix our vice captaincy issues?

How about we just put Lachie back in given he was our first choice in most recent years and has paid his penance for shitting the bed last year.......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there some reason Jack Macrae never comes into this leadership group discussion? He seems to have all the desired traits.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Leadership groups are a wank in my opinion. Natural leaders will lead whether they have a title or not (eg Hunter). Putting someone unsuited to leading in a leadership group also does not magically make them a leader. C/VC (could have 2 VCs) is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Is there some reason Jack Macrae never comes into this leadership group discussion? He seems to have all the desired traits.
    My feel is he wouldn't really want to do it. I remember sitting at a function with a former player and Jackson was presented with an award which meant he had to speak.

The other players were having a great time ribbing him as he made his way up on stage. I enquired as to why the answer was something along the lines of he hates it (public speaking).
    I agree with you though if he could overcome that / work on it he has many of the pre-requisites.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Leadership groups are a wank in my opinion. Natural leaders will lead whether they have a title or not (eg Hunter). Putting someone unsuited to leading in a leadership group also does not magically make them a leader. C/VC (could have 2 VCs) is fine with me.
    There's merit in this. Stef Martin seems to have done wonders for Sweet's development (and English) making him our 'ruck leader', but making that title official would be ridiculous.
    There's an old adage that says leadership is a behaviour not a title.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    He's a really nice bloke but very quiet. I'm not sure he would be a great leader.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's a really nice bloke but very quiet. I'm not sure he would be a great leader.
    He helps others in his own way. Sweety said that out of all the midfielders Jacko was the most helpful for him.

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He helps others in his own way. Sweety said that out of all the midfielders Jacko was the most helpful for him.
    "Just tap it near me, Jordy. I'll do the rest".
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I want to give a shout-out to Wallis. When I saw him celebrating after the siren, my heart broke for him.

Will be the only guy to be on the list in 2016 and 2021 and not get to play in either Grand Final. A true clubman, a great leader and I hope that he is able to enjoy the next two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I want to give a shout-out to Wallis. When I saw him celebrating after the siren, my heart broke for him.

Will be the only guy to be on the list in 2016 and 2021 and not get to play in either Grand Final. A true clubman, a great leader and I hope that he is able to enjoy the next two weeks.

I kinda want him as our medical sub to be honest, if anyone on our list deserves a crack at it its him. Get him a flag and let him retire / move to another club in peace.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

16. Likes Testekill, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda want him as our medical sub to be honest, if anyone on our list deserves a crack at it its him. Get him a flag and let him retire / move to another club in peace.
    I'm not against it, but we know it will be Scott or Richards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm not against it, but we know it will be Scott or Richards.
    It’s desperately sad, his chances ruined by the lack of VFL to demonstrate form.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not for this team, it's sad, but it is what it is.

Footy's tough.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post