Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  69
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Dale to backline

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Bailey Dale is the best kick in the AFL, and by a big margin.

This week they revealed the best and worst kicks in the competition after five rounds based on Champion Data’s kick rating formula that ranks not just the accuracy of kicks but how tough the kicks are and how much pressure players are under when they put ball to boot.

On that measure Dale is ranked 19.1 per cent above the AFL average as he flourishes in a new role up the field. Saint Hunter Clark is No.2 on the list at 13.5 per cent ahead of another Bulldog, Taylor Duryea (13.2 per cent).

Link
    There you go. Thanks for that.
    “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Best defender behind Keath, still kicking goals too!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Best defender behind Keath, still kicking goals too!
    Good footballer and getting better.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Wayne Carey last year making the comment that Dale could be anything he was so talented.....I guess we are seeing it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I remember Wayne Carey last year making the comment that Dale could be anything he was so talented.....I guess we are seeing it now.
    Absolutely. Most improved by a mile.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

B. Dale is playing marvellous football. He is a penetrating kick and a smooth mover with a big bag of tricks.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I want to see Dale kick 60 m torpedo from the backline, down to treloar in the centre square, and he kicks it from 70m for a goal.
    Or to the Bont at the same distance with the same result.

This is a seriously good team with options all over the shop. Tonight when we lost a couple of midfield/goalkicking options Bailey Dale steps up in the last quarter and pinged a couple of goals to seal the game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Almost got my wish tonight , with treloar last quarter goal which broke the plastics. Two good goals in junk time on or outside 50 shows what a beautiful kick he is.

Post Thanks / Like

The 1:1 marking contest where he spoiled Greene when Greene was in the prime position to mark it for me was the best indication of how how much he has improved. Great awareness with the in flight to take Greene’s space and gave a hard spoil to kill the contest. I just dontsee him doing that in past seasons. Huge step up in confidence and form. So good to see.

10. Likes divvydan, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The 1:1 marking contest where he spoiled Greene when Greene was in the prime position to mark it for me was the best indication of how how much he has improved. Great awareness with the in flight to take Greene’s space and gave a hard spoil to kill the contest. I just dontsee him doing that in past seasons. Huge step up in confidence and form. So good to see.
    That was great to see and I'm liking this version of Bailey Dale.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Was a really good contest, to then go and effect the scoreboard with 2 the other way was also pleasing.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Was a really good contest, to then go and effect the scoreboard with 2 the other way was also pleasing.
    Ridiculous how a talented but a bit soft, flakey half forward has transitioned to a committed and reliable defender. Good in the contest and doesn't hide from contact. And just a ridiculous kick.

I am a convert.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Wasn’t that Hawthorns formula in the 05-10 period - prioritise good kicking...
    They went all out on left footers and they would just slice their way through the zone defences that were the tactical norm back then. The zone would shift in front of them and the Hawthorn players would just chip the ball into the space that had just been vacated.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Ridiculous how a talented but a bit soft, flakey half forward has transitioned to a committed and reliable defender. Good in the contest and doesn't hide from contact. And just a ridiculous kick.

I am a convert.
    Agreed.

I think if he stayed forward, he would not make it. He was too inconsistent, but he is becoming elite in the backline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's got good hands, a nice kick and is a smooth mover. He's what you'd want out of a player off the half back flank and he doesn't defend too badly either. At this point of time he probably has the most improved player award tied down.

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post