Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  69
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bailey Dale to backline

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’ve mentioned a couple of times, I went to a function at the end of 2015. Most people got a couple of minutes with Bevo. Apart from other things I asked him about the best position for Dale. He mentioned as a forward, but with his skill sets he would make an excellent half back.

So it’s been on Bevo’s mind since his first season. I wonder why it’s taken 5 years to make the move? Looks like a good move.
    I though he spent time at HB during pre-season two years ago.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the forward pocket Row C so got to see a lot of Bailey Dale efforts close up. I was very impressed by his attack on the ball and his kicking into the wind. In the last omn one occasion he found himself forward of the centre and did this outrageous spin and shimmy to break clear of congestion and drive the ball forward. He has some impressive skills.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong, Bailey Dale can be a gun HB player.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressed with his attack on the ball which was always his Achilles heel. He has good skills, reads the ball well, and good pace. The way he’s playing he’s leaving the likes of Richards in the VFL. And, he’s a bit more diverse, in the fact he could be thrown fwd, being a good mark and a pretty good set shot.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

His kick is truly a thing of beauty. Wouldnt want it in anyone else’s hand 30-40 meters out from goal and his disposal out of the backline has been just as good - beautiful transitioning 40-50m kicks to advantage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    His kick is truly a thing of beauty. Wouldnt want it in anyone else’s hand 30-40 meters out from goal and his disposal out of the backline has been just as good - beautiful transitioning 40-50m kicks to advantage
    He should be the primary kick taker from kick outs. Has that faster trajectory than Caleb, makes it more difficult for teams to set up and we can clear the defensive 50 easier.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He should be the primary kick taker from kick outs. Has that faster trajectory than Caleb, makes it more difficult for teams to set up and we can clear the defensive 50 easier.
    Has Daniel been the primary kicker the last 2 weeks? I don’t know stats but feels like Duryea has had more of late.

But agree - I’d put his long kicking ahead of our other backs. An inform Daniel everyday of the week for a 30-40m kick though

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale is the best kick in the AFL, and by a big margin.

This week they revealed the best and worst kicks in the competition after five rounds based on Champion Data’s kick rating formula that ranks not just the accuracy of kicks but how tough the kicks are and how much pressure players are under when they put ball to boot.

On that measure Dale is ranked 19.1 per cent above the AFL average as he flourishes in a new role up the field. Saint Hunter Clark is No.2 on the list at 13.5 per cent ahead of another Bulldog, Taylor Duryea (13.2 per cent).

Link

9. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How good is it that 2 of the top 3 kicks in the league for the season so far (according to Champion Data) are playing in our backline and don't even include Daniel and Williams who are also excellent.

Is it any wonder teams are struggling to stifle our ball movement.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst kick in our backline is Easton by a long way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale is surely going to cop some more heat now. Will be interesting to see how he holds up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The worst kick in our backline is Easton by a long way.
    Not just for his actual skills but for how long he takes to make any decision after a mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not just for his actual skills but for how long he takes to make any decision after a mark.
    Yeah, the two go hand in hand. His lack of kicking skill means he really has to take his time to find a safer option, whereas Dale/Williams/Daniel generally just pull the trigger. He held on to the ball for way too long multiple times against the Suns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    How good is it that 2 of the top 3 kicks in the league for the season so far (according to Champion Data) are playing in our backline and don't even include Daniel and Williams who are also excellent.

Is it any wonder teams are struggling to stifle our ball movement.
    Wasn’t that Hawthorns formula in the 05-10 period - prioritise good kicking...

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Dale kick 60 m torpedo from the backline, down to treloar in the centre square, and he kicks it from 70m for a goal.

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post