Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well that's sorted then - and FINAL TEAM LIST for Round 1 2008

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah! Damn that hujch, whoever he is.

I don't not like him, just feel that he may have been written by the coaching staff, which may seem weird being only round 1 and all, but if he can't get a game now then he is in a seriously deep hole.

Would love to see him become a good AFL player like i would all dogs
    I understand the point you are making and I tend to agree. Unless McDougall is injured, I find it astonishing that Wight, a bloke who was apparently being trained as a forward all summer, has been selected for a key backline role ahead of McDougall who I thought showed enough towards the end of last year and start of this year to suggest he can become a solid 2nd or 3rd tall in our defensive line.

Add to that the fact that Wight and Stack are apparently injured it is quite a weird set of selections.

From those listed on the bench surely Boyd, Gia and Street all have to play - will be interesting to see who the 4th bloke selected is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I understand the point you are making and I tend to agree. Unless McDougall is injured, I find it astonishing that Wight, a bloke who was apparently being trained as a forward all summer, has been selected for a key backline role ahead of McDougall who I thought showed enough towards the end of last year and start of this year to suggest he can become a solid 2nd or 3rd tall in our defensive line.

Add to that the fact that Wight and Stack are apparently injured it is quite a weird set of selections.

From those listed on the bench surely Boyd, Gia and Street all have to play - will be interesting to see who the 4th bloke selected is.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be Hill, Eade seemed to indicate that he'd done enough, although Tiller might get the spot for tall depth. I'm a bit confused by the non-selection of Doogs. Not that i think he's an automatic selection but I thought he'd showed enough to at least be in the squad. Hope he doesn't take it as badly as he did last year.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Surely Doogs' form in the practice matches didn't warrant selection, he has been beyond ordinary and his lack of composure/presence is the reason he is not getting a game!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    Surely Doogs' form in the practice matches didn't warrant selection, he has been beyond ordinary and his lack of composure/presence is the reason he is not getting a game!
    Im not fussed that he didnt get a game but his form wasnt bad. Sure he got thrashed by Lucas but his game against Carlton was more than OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    Was it any worse than Wight's form? He certainly didn't set the world alight and doesn't exactly ooze composure or presence. I'm not having a go, I just don't think there is that much between the two. Wight is also only 2 weeks removed from a hamstring supposedly. They must be fairly confident of Lake & Wight's fitness, to not even name Doogs in the 25. Maybe they view Wight as a good matchup for McGregor or Tippett and have picked him ahead of Doogs for that reason.
    There is also a post on BF mentioning that Tiller has a bad case of the flu, which if true puts him out of calculations. Would seem to be Gia/Boyd/Street and one of Hill or Addison for the bench.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

WESTERN BULLDOGS v ADELAIDE
    Sunday March 23, 1.10pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
    B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
    HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cameron Wight, Ryan Griffen
    C: Jason Akermanis, Scott West, Nathan Eagleton
    HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
    F: Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
    Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross
    I/C: Dylan Addison, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Hill
    EMG: Andrew McDougall, Brennan Stack, Peter Street

New: Scott Welsh (Adelaide), Ben Hudson (Adelaide), Brennan Stack (Perth)

ADELAIDE

B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett
    HB: Michael Doughty, Nathan Bock, Simon Goodwin
    C: Richard Douglas, Scott Thompson, Nathan van Berlo
    HF: Bernie Vince, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
    F: Jason Porplyzia, Ken McGregor, Brett Burton
    Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Brent Reilly, Tyson Edwards
    I/C: Kurt Tippett, Robert Shirley, David Mackay, Brad Symes
    EMG: Bryce Campbell, Ivan Maric, Luke Jericho

New: Kurt Tippett (Southport), David Mackay (Oakleigh Under-18s), Brad Symes (Port Adelaide)

*Steven Tiller is ill & has been replaced in the squad by Doogs, who along with Street & Stack make up the emergencies.

AFL Website

Post Thanks / Like

So Street discarded since Hudson will only need smallish breaks to be provided by Minson, while Wight can forget all this CHF ideas and go back. Strong enough side on paper
    Last edited by hujsh; 22-03-2008 at 09:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    So Street dicarded since Hudson will only need smallish breaks to be provided by Minson, while Wight can forget all this CHF ideas and go back. Strong enough side on paper
    Agreed when i looked through both the Age and Herald Sun liftouts I really felt that if our players stood up and played to their abilities then we were amongst the top 8 teams

There is plenty of talent that really should be ready to have a huge impact on the competition