Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  308
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ticketing for 2021

From the club today regarding the ticketing for the match on Saturday:

As a Silver member with Marvel Stadium access, you will be eligible to redeem a ticket to Saturday’s twilight home match against Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium.

The start time of match against the Gold Coast Suns has been pushed-back to 4:35pm (AEST) by the AFL, from the previously published 1:40pm start time.

This week there are two key changes to the on-sale process for members:
    Members will be able to purchase guest passes for non-members to sit with them in line with the transaction limit of six (6) tickets.

As part of an enhanced effort to support contract tracing, a name and mobile number must be supplied for every ticket that is purchased or redeemed. For juniors and dependents without a mobile phone, a parent or guardian may supply their number instead.

Below is the essential information you’ll need to redeem your ticket as part of Tuesday’s member priority on-sale window, via Ticketmaster.

1. Your home member barcode

You will require your HOME member barcode to redeem your ticket for Saturday’s match against Gold Coast.

2. Home club member on-sale window

Western Bulldogs Silver members with will have access to redeem their ticket in the Priority 2 home club member on-sale window, between 3pm, Tuesday 13 April and 9am, Wednesday 14 April.
    Get Tickets
    The preceding Priority 1 window is reserved for Gold Members (Level 2 seating). They will not have access to Silver Member Level 1 seating during their on-sale window.

Upon redeeming a ticket, Silver Members will be required to pay a $10 stadium fee per game, per adult or concession ticket; or a $5 fee per game, per ticket for a junior member to secure a seat on Level 2, or they can choose to redeem a ticket on Level 3 for a $0 fee for Marvel Stadium home games. These stadium fees, as previously communicated, were built-in to the cost of reserved seat memberships and have been removed in 2021. This new on-demand ticketing fee structure ensures members only pay for games they attend, delivering significant cost savings.

After the home club member on-sale, remaining tickets will be opened to away club members for purchase from 10am-12pm on Wednesday 14 April. Remaining tickets will then be made available to the general public from 1pm Wednesday 14 April. For Western Bulldogs access members yet to redeem a ticket, this will be a secondary opportunity to access tickets.

3. Selecting your seat

Upon entering the Ticketmaster website via the link above, there are two ways to select a seat.
    Select 'Best Available' - You will be allocated the best available seat(s) on Level 1, subject to capacity.
    Select a Section - Manually choose your preferred seating location on Level 1, subject to capacity. You will have the option to choose a seat(s) in one of three sections: Level 1 Premium, Wing and Goal. Silver members will also have the option of selecting a $0 ticket on Level 3.
    As part of an enhanced effort to support contract tracing, a name and mobile number must be supplied for every ticket that is purchased or redeemed. For juniors and dependents without a mobile phone, a parent or guardian may supply their number instead.

Due to adjustments to 2021 membership as a result of COVID-19, membership this year does not guarantee you a specific seat for the duration of the season.

4. Tickets will be on-sale via Ticketmaster

Tickets for this home match at Marvel Stadium are available via Ticketmaster. If you don’t already have a Ticketmaster account, we recommend you set one up now. If you do have Ticketmaster account, be sure to login and check that all your details are correct. It’s better to reset your. password now than have trouble logging in on the day.

5. Booking tickets to sit with family and friends

You will be able to book up to six (6) tickets in one transaction. If you plan to book tickets for multiple family members in the one transaction, or to secure seats with friends, you will need to submit each individual Silver member barcode as part of the booking process to sit together on Level 1. For this match, you will be able to purchase guest passes for non-members to sit with you at the ticketed rate in line with the transaction limit of six (6) tickets.

Members can check their individual barcodes via their MyBulldogs account here.

6. Digital ticketing only, member cards won’t get you access

Unlike previous seasons, AFL matches in 2021 will be fully ticketed and fully digital. To access the stadium you will need to use the digital ticket issued to you by Ticketmaster. Members will not be able to scan-in to games using their membership card due to contact tracing and social distancing restrictions. Ensure you save your tickets on your phone so you’re ready for match day.

7. Accessible ticketing

Please contact Ticketmaster’s Accessible Seating Line if you have wheelchair, companion card or special needs booking requirements.

Ticketmaster’s Accessible Seating hotline is 1300 446 925 or you can email your requests to accessibletickets@ticketmaster.com.au. Please ensure you include the Event Name, Venue, Date and Time along with your contact details. 
    The Ticketmaster Accessible Bookings team are available 9am – 8pm (AEST) Monday to Friday, and 9am – 5pm (AEST) Saturday and Sunday seven days a week.

8. Member scarf and cap collection

For members that chose to use their $20 Bulldog Shop voucher to redeem a 2021 member scarf or cap, a reminder that collection is only possible from VU Whitten Oval and is not available at match day. Members can also choose to have it shipped to them for the cost of postage.

More information on utilising your members Bulldogs Shop voucher can be found here, or by emailing membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

9. EJ Whitten Social Club

Due to Marvel Stadium’s COVID safe plan, movement within the stadium is limited to the segment in which you are seated. As such, access to the Victory Room is not possible for EJ Whitten Social Club members across the stadium as it has been in previous seasons. Based on this, and AFL recommendations, we will not have a Social Club room forSaturday’s Round 5 This will be reviewed on a round-by-round basis. For any queries regarding EJ Whitten Social Club email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au or call 1300 46 36 47. 

Have you got any further questions?

If you have any further questions regarding match access for Round 5, or using your 2021 match, please email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Western Bulldogs Membership Team
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can get guest passes with your membership now.

Still doesn’t bring my family and friends back together.

Increase the ticket limit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Can get guest passes with your membership now.

Still doesn’t bring my family and friends back together.

Increase the ticket limit!
    Just purchase in 2 sets, not ideal but it works easily enough

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a mix of membership types the system doesn’t allow you to do that. When we have had sufficient barcodes of the same type and done back to back bookings the closest we could get was about 10 rows apart. Club can’t do much, but hopefully someone in the decision making arena can see these issues as problematic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    If you have a mix of membership types the system doesn’t allow you to do that. When we have had sufficient barcodes of the same type and done back to back bookings the closest we could get was about 10 rows apart. Club can’t do much, but hopefully someone in the decision making arena can see these issues as problematic.
    Rows dont matter in reality. Just as long as you enter the same gate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ticketing data trial at two matches in Round Five

The AFL advises that for two matches in Round Five of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season a ticketing data collection trial will take place to assist the league in getting back to 100% capacity for matches in Victoria.

When purchasing tickets online all fans will be required to enter the name and contact number of each person attending the match. Previously fans would only need to enter one person’s details in the attending group.

Should members or fans have dependants they are purchasing for (or someone that doesn’t have a mobile number) they will be able to enter their own contact details on their behalf. Example being a family attending and parent enters their mobile number for the child attending with them.

The aim is to assist the Victorian Government obtaining the contact details of all fans attending to the matches to best assist with contact tracing and fans can be contacted faster and more efficiently in the event of a Covid related outbreak.

A successful trial further mitigates community risk and assists the AFL’s case to get back towards 100% capacity in venues for matches.

The trial will be conducted in Round Five at the following matches:

Carlton vs Port Adelaide, MCG.
    Ticketek is the venue ticketing agent.

Western Bulldogs vs Gold Coast SUNS, Marvel Stadium
    Ticketmaster is the venue ticketing agent.

AFL Executive General Manager Commercial and Customer Kylie Rogers, thanked fans for their understanding so far this season and share in their enthusiasm to return to full capacity.

“We empathise that fans have had to change the way they may ordinarily purchase tickets and attend matches as we continue to navigate the pandemic and modify our behaviours,” Ms Rogers said.

“Encouragingly the data shows fans have quickly adopted the digital ticketing process, and we thank them for embracing the required change.

“The trial this week will assist us in getting back to 100% capacity as soon as possible and eventually seeing members get back to their beloved reserved seats in stadium.”

The four clubs will be in direct contact with their members to provide further assistance.

It is estimated that adding the contact details in during the ticketing purchase process should add only 30 seconds to one minute to the transaction time.

The AFL continues to work with the Victorian State Government on providing fans a pathway to 100% capacity at the venues.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Redeemed my ticket.

Level 1 Aisle 36 Row N.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 13-04-2021 at 03:41 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Went to buy tickets for me + gf with membership, kept giving us crap seats, hate how you can't select where you sit.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

To BAD's post, I get they are telling us that collection of data on this level is to assist in getting to 100% attendances at games but it doesn't tell us how...I mean what behaviour at the ground is actually being changed to make it more safe through folks registering their details at the point of purchase? Are we going to scrap the QR check-in process once at the ground because we're registered by identification and gate entry point as having entered?

If I was a cynic, I would say there is an element of the AFL working with its ticketing provider to reduce instances of ticket sharing among attendees/ members etc. to ensure more people are actually paying to go to games if not actually members.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

If I was a cynic, I would say there is an element of the AFL working with its ticketing provider to reduce instances of ticket sharing among attendees/ members etc. to ensure more people are actually paying to go to games if not actually members.
    100% that is part of the conversation and strategy. Might not have been the driver for the change but you know that’s being fa gored in as a potential benefit from their end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Went to buy tickets for me + gf with membership, kept giving us crap seats, hate how you can't select where you sit.
    Yeah I’m in Row S this week. I didn’t even know there was a Row S.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah I’m in Row S this week. I didn’t even know there was a Row S.
    Row S for a Suns game. Spare me.

The ticketing companies strategy of offering **** seats to members so they can sell the good ones to gen admin is so scummy it’s bordering on criminal.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

15. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Row S for a Suns game. Spare me.

The ticketing companies strategy of offering **** seats to members so they can sell the good ones to gen admin is so scummy it’s bordering on criminal.
    Yep, it's stupid but it seems you are better off waiting for the GA sales window to open before redeeming your members tickets (at least for games that won't be close to capacity).

Post Thanks / Like

They realise they have the captured market of the members, so by leaving some good GA they probably model they can sate their demand with decent seats. If all that was left for GA was the nose bleeds I guess they make no money?

It's really sh1tty practise, but I am trying to understand the market forces at play here.