Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  308
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ticketing for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Clearly the flash sale didn't work.

Fairly disappointing crowd on Saturday night.
    Yep, Poor crowd.

I wonder if we can do better on Friday night
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    28,720, slightly more than the Carlton game.

People are just not going to the footy at the moment. Ticket boxes will be open again this week, so walks up may boast the numbers.

Friday night will be interesting how many show up.
    I waited until 2 hours before the game to book my ticket because nothing was coming up on the wing in the days prior to the game. And what do you know. 2 hours before the game every section became available. Ticketmaster are a disgrace.

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had 21k against them in 2019. 20k in 2018. It was 34k in 2017 and 37k and 26k in 2016.

So 28k in 2021 in a pandemic isn't too bad I don't think. Crowds are down everywhere. I get we are flying at the moment so you'd expect more but I think this is more to do with COVID than anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Richmond had 19k the previous week and Pies had 23k at the G
    They've not got 9 wins between them.
    I get that going to the footy is more of a chore than ever for a lot of people but even with a few obstacles we should still get a big crowd on Friday.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They've not got 9 wins between them.
    I get that going to the footy is more of a chore than ever for a lot of people but even with a few obstacles we should still get a big crowd on Friday.
    But both have over 80,000 members.

Would hope there’s over 40k there this week, but that might depend on how many D’s fans make the journey across town.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not now we've got a new covid scare...

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard a single positive thing about the match day experience from anyone, and I think that after a year of isolation folks don't want to be screeched at (or activated as they are calling it) all the time.

I'll be going to the game this week, for only my third of the year. I think we're in for a disappointing crowd because Melbourne people won't want to make the trip.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hilarious to me that we talk about Melbourne and Richmond fans "not wanting to make the trip". It's the same friggin city 2 train stations away. How fickle can their fans be? If we finish top 2 and get a home final against one of them we have the right to play it at Marvel. Won't happen though.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's hilarious to me that we talk about Melbourne and Richmond fans "not wanting to make the trip". It's the same friggin city 2 train stations away. How fickle can their fans be? If we finish top 2 and get a home final against one of them we have the right to play it at Marvel. Won't happen though.
    For me it is a pain in the back side coming from inner north west to the MCG.

Entire loop and get off at Flinders street and change to Richmond.

I can see how some supporters wouldn't bother.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For me it is a pain in the back side coming from inner north west to the MCG.

Entire loop and get off at Flinders street and change to Richmond.

I can see how some supporters wouldn't bother.
    I suppose I'm just used to it coming from the east. I agree it's a lot nicer getting off and on at Richmond and avoiding the whole loop but it would never stop me going to an exciting game. Sunday evening, yeah. But the train trip in general puts me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I suppose I'm just used to it coming from the east. I agree it's a lot nicer getting off and on at Richmond and avoiding the whole loop but it would never stop me going to an exciting game. Sunday evening, yeah. But the train trip in general puts me off.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't let the loop put me off either.

But as you said it comes back to how fickle their supporters are!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t go this weekend (been stitched up by the rolling fixture again) but only haven’t been going when other plans made on my behalf get in the way. Footy rules and I don’t get how anyone who went regularly before 2020 isn’t dying to get to games as often as possible.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I haven't heard a single positive thing about the match day experience from anyone, and I think that after a year of isolation folks don't want to be screeched at (or activated as they are calling it) all the time.

I'll be going to the game this week, for only my third of the year. I think we're in for a disappointing crowd because Melbourne people won't want to make the trip.
    Best investment I’ve made recently is some high quality noise cancelling headphones. Does not completely stop noise such as the inane loud music but does take the harsh edge off it. Regarding travel to mcg vs marvel I think if you truly love your team you should be prepared to travel a few more stops to holler your support. Plenty of good eating places in city if you want to travel in earlier too. I reckon there will be plenty of dogs supporters there on Friday night, some diehard Dees and a fair few neutrals who are anticipating a good game.

Post Thanks / Like

After 2020, I'm going to as many live games as I can. Nothing beats sitting on L3 of Marvel and watching it all unfold.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    After 2020, I'm going to as many live games as I can. Nothing beats sitting on L3 of Marvel and watching it all unfold.
    Live footy is so good.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post