Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

View Poll Results: How are you feeling heading into Round 1?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confident - Revenge wil be ours!

8 17.78%
  • Pretty Good - Feeling good about the off-season.

12 26.67%
  • I'm OK - we will give a good account of ourselves?

5 11.11%
  • I'm Nervous - still having 2020 R#1 flashbacks!

19 42.22%
  • I am crapping myself - we are going to be let down all over again!

1 2.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting the season against Collingwood this week. I feel:

How are you feeling heading into the weekend?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting the season against Collingwood this week. I feel:

Full of confidence as usual, I think we will scare the competition after the big win on Friday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A healthy level of anxiety but confident we are in for a good night against them which kick starts a great year. I'd expect this one to have a bit of spirit and perhaps a genuine rivalry can be started against them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Much better with Treloar in the side. Not because I necessarily think he adds that much to our side, but more so because I think he greatly negates the likelihood of us just not turning up as we failed to do last year.

I think we will win.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I am rarely confident going into close games, only time I was confident was the grand final.

But, I feel we will send a message to the comp on Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my concerns about the list, but I think it's now or never - we must win this one and we should win it.

I'm confident we'll get the job done.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

When Treloar sends through his first goal he'll turn to the Wobbles coaching box and kiss the jumper.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

8. Likes Dry Rot, bornadog, Eastdog, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nervous, I'm pretty pessimistic in general but gee these Dogs make me nervous.

Post Thanks / Like

I went for OK because it added a question mark to 'We will give a good account of ourselves'. I'm pretty unsure of what we'll dish up so no idea how to feel.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for I’m OK will give a good account of ourselves so I’m in the middle but yeah a little nervous as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

We're bipolar. We could beat Collingwood by 10 goals or completely shit the bed again. I have have absolutely no idea what we'll serve up. That's a key to this season reduce the gap between our best and worst. If that means becoming more consistent well that's it then.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can't beat Collingwood we're not serious.
    I rate their defence really highly but they've lost Adams short term and Treloar permanently - we really should win this in the middle. Grundy will have to deal with Martin at the stoppages rather than a developing English.

I have no idea what team will run out on Friday though, senior players having entire pre-seasons in the VFL so who knows who runs out. We were terrible against Hawthorn and good against a Demons side missing 3 of their 4 best midfielders so we have no gauge on form.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know but hoping that we kick the season off well. What I am hoping to see is Grundy's influence negated, and that our goal-kicking woes are behind us. Really looking forward to Friday night but, as with my style, with some nervousness going into round one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    If we can't beat Collingwood we're not serious.
    I rate their defence really highly but they've lost Adams short term and Treloar permanently - we really should win this in the middle. Grundy will have to deal with Martin at the stoppages rather than a developing English.

I have no idea what team will run out on Friday though, senior players having entire pre-seasons in the VFL so who knows who runs out. We were terrible against Hawthorn and good against a Demons side missing 3 of their 4 best midfielders so we have no gauge on form.
    Taylor Adams seems likely to play. Steele Sidebottom looks like he will miss.

Adams puts up hand for R1, but another star Pie reduced to walking

COLLINGWOOD vice-captain Taylor Adams put his hand up for round one with a faultless display in the Pies' final intraclub of the pre-season on Thursday night.

Adams looked sharp in the hour-long hitout to assure the Pies' match committee he's over the hamstring he strained in early February and ready to face the Western Bulldogs next Friday.

After a gradual build-up to full fitness it was the first proper match simulation Adams has been part of since his injury.

The reigning best and fairest started in the 'A' side's midfield in the 18-versus-18 session at the feet of Brodie Grundy and alongside Scott Pendlebury and Jordan De Goey.

With Steele Sidebottom (calf) reduced to walking laps and facing an uphill battle to tackle the Dogs, Josh Daicos and Jamie Elliott also rotated through the same midfield.

Tyler Brown and John Noble were the preferred wingmen, while fringe forward Josh Thomas played in the 'A' line-up at the feet of Brody Mihocek and Mason Cox as ruck/forward option Darcy Cameron watched on.

Brayden Maynard (shin knock) walked laps and completed light jogging allowing to form Jack Madgen part of the 'A' side's back six with Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe, Jordan Roughead, Isaac Quaynor and Jack Crisp.

Provided Maynard returns, it gives the Pies several options from the 'B' side to make up the starting 22 to tackle the Dogs should Sidebottom and Cameron not be selected.

eteran Chris Mayne was stationed on a wing in his return from concussion, while exciting draftee Ollie Henry was busy in attack alongside Callum Brown and Trey Ruscoe.

Brayden Sier joined them in the 'B' line-up and remains in calculations to win a senior berth against the Dogs.

Finlay Macrae also rotated through the midfield and Levi Greenwood was used at half-back.

Irishman Mark Keane played a half in his first match back from a finger injury, having also completed earlier running with draftee Reef McInnes who is returning from the same setback.

Second-year midfielder/defender Trent Bianco was another to sit out having played a full game in the VFL practice match five days prior.

17. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m expecting Grundy and DeGoey to have big games.
    I will never see #16 the same!!