Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  166
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Imagine the kids who would want to barrack for Thor's team..!

I'm in agreement and all for milking this cash cow as much as possible.
    Exactly! All clubs have serious fans, but the bandwagonners add $$$. Most bandwagonners obviously follow the crowd so they flock to the big clubs. But they’d go right for the team Thor goes for!

Post Thanks / Like

So were Geelong allowed to train for the last final?

We haven’t played in Melbourne since we played Port themselves!
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I miss PG, would never have accepted this shit.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the Port crowd remember the words of their CHO and the 5 Ds of dodgeball and Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge the Covid infested footballs we will be pumping in their direction behind the goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, so there's a little thing called conflict of interest and if KWW tried to really run with the Dogs and Marvel link via Thor she'd lose her job. Let's get a bit real about this.

I do agree there needs to be some strong objection in the media, and it should come from either her or our CEO. No question.

Guess this is just another case of Bulldogs/ VIC bias within the AFL.............
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah, so there's a little thing called conflict of interest and if KWW tried to really run with the Dogs and Marvel link via Thor she'd lose her job. Let's get a bit real about this.

I do agree there needs to be some strong objection in the media, and it should come from either her or our CEO. No question.

Guess this is just another case of Bulldogs/ VIC bias within the AFL.............
    This is clearly an AFL issue. The AFL should have made the proper arrangements from the start.

The AFL needs to sort this out, either we train, or head back to Perth and play Sunday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty outrageous and ridiculous. I mean, who are they even going to come in contact with? Let alone all the states reasons why they clearly don’t have COVID.

What a glorious win this will be!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is clearly an AFL issue. The AFL should have made the proper arrangements from the start.

The AFL needs to sort this out, either we train, or head back to Perth and play Sunday.
    The AFL and it's media sycophants will just do what they did last week when they came out and said QLD Health are actually being lenient and allowing us freedom to leave our rooms when it was just a small window where the entire team could have lunch together as a group.

I can't imagine another professional league any where in the world would allow the playing field to be so unbalanced as it the AFL has.

The same group of players will be playing in front of 10s of 1000s tomorrow night, yet can't run around for 30 mins in front of no one. SA is a joke.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time we played Port, we had to quarantine in our own home state. Players were forced to stay either in a hotel or home for 5 days before SA gov allowed them to come over. This is just plain cheating.

AFL have *!*!*!*!ed this up
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The AFL and it's media sycophants will just do what they did last week when they came out and said QLD Health are actually being lenient and allowing us freedom to leave our rooms when it was just a small window where the entire team could have lunch together as a group.

I can't imagine another professional league any where in the world would allow the playing field to be so unbalanced as it the AFL has.

The same group of players will be playing in front of 10s of 1000s tomorrow night, yet can't run around for 30 mins in front of no one. SA is a joke.
    Just wait to we win and we are denied entry into WA…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Where is the President or CEO right now?
    Self-made entrepreneurs who built their own wealth are combative and fully supportive of the club over the competition when they need to be. Mega-corporation ladder climbers, who haven't gotten their hands dirty in their career for the best part of 25-30 years, are utterly incapable of getting combative and prioritising the club in such circumstances. No skin in the game whatsoever.

We were absolutely spoilt with our club presidents the last 32 years. Bevo is currently doing all of the heavy lifting that our president and CEO have completely absolved themselves of their basic responsibility.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, KT31, azabob, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Self-made entrepreneurs who built their own wealth are combative and fully supportive of the club over the competition when they need to be. Mega-corporation ladder climbers, who haven't gotten their hands dirty in their career for the best part of 25-30 years, are utterly incapable of getting combative and prioritising the club in such circumstances. No skin in the game whatsoever.

We were absolutely spoilt with our club presidents the last 32 years. Bevo is currently doing all of the heavy lifting that our president and CEO have completely absolved themselves of their basic responsibility.
    Angry Sedat never misses.

Post Thanks / Like

Sedat needs own party. The New New Democrats. Really keep the bastards honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Amen. The fact that Bevo is the one who has now gone to the media and complained about this is wrong, should of been the CEO / President.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Sedat.

Is PG refreshed and ready to takeover again!?

In terms of the idiotic SA restrictions, *!*!*!*! the AFL. The game should have been in Perth. Prelims/GF should have been Perth, simple. The fact that the AFL ticks off on us flying from Brisbane to Perth and then Perth to SA is disgraceful, let alone not being able to train on the ground we play on for a PRELIMINARY FINAL. Why didn't the AFEL examine the options and make the easy call?

The absolute grubs in the media won't run with that story / question the AFL because it won't sell enough papers and our President/CEO have no backbone.
    W00F!