Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  166
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The AFL and it's media sycophants will just do what they did last week when they came out and said QLD Health are actually being lenient and allowing us freedom to leave our rooms when it was just a small window where the entire team could have lunch together as a group.

I can't imagine another professional league any where in the world would allow the playing field to be so unbalanced as it the AFL has.

The same group of players will be playing in front of 10s of 1000s tomorrow night, yet can't run around for 30 mins in front of no one. SA is a joke.
    Well said.

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous. I’m getting on the phone to Jackie Chiles.

2. Likes Sedat, jeemak, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Well, looks like it's Suckling in.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I miss PG, would never have accepted this shit.
    I am not convinced crying foul publicly would do anything more than make us look like whingers. And if you've already been told by the AFL that there is nothing that can be done, then all it would do is make it look like we're already of the belief we can't win.
    There are times when it pays to be publicly loud... and there are times when you have to keep your powder dry. I think this is a dry-powder time... and if we win.. THEN we make a scene about the injustice.

7. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I am not convinced crying foul publicly would do anything more than make us look like whingers. And if you've already been told by the AFL that there is nothing that can be done, then all it would do is make it look like we're already of the belief we can't win.
    There are times when it pays to be publicly loud... and there are times when you have to keep your powder dry. I think this is a dry-powder time... and if we win.. THEN we make a scene about the injustice.
    That's why you don't leave it to the coach to have to do it. He's the conduit to the players.

A statement from the CEO/ president is highly appropriate, unless they've been asked not to comment by Bevo himself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's why you don't leave it to the coach to have to do it. He's the conduit to the players.

A statement from the CEO/ president is highly appropriate, unless they've been asked not to comment by Bevo himself.
    How do you know the CEO didn't follow this up?

Apparently we will be able to train tomorrow.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Is this confirmed? Good news if so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well said.

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous. I’m getting on the phone to Jackie Chiles.
    Just don't put the balm on the Maestro gave you.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Just don't put the balm on the Maestro gave you.
    Ok all is good. Don’t worry about the training everyone. I negotiated with the SA government. We’ve now got our very own WOOF billboard at Adelaide oval.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Tomorrow? Do we normally 'train' on the morning of the game?

We should have been training today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Tomorrow? Do we normally 'train' on the morning of the game?

We should have been training today.
    Don't know what is going on. Ralphy saying they can't/

It was supposed to be just a captains run to stretch the legs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Its appropriate if you think you can change the result. If not, then it just adds fuel to the fire for doubters..in my opinion.
    I was a bit surprised Bevo even mentioned it... wait til after. Just keep meting out the line that 'its' comical, we know everyone is doing it tough, if anything will galvanise the group even more.' which by and large is was Bevo did.

AFL has come out and bowed to their game sponsoring overlords in SA Govt.. by backing their decision...... the fix is in. AFL only want to get the games away... they don't care if its actually fair. So in that case you're on a hiding to nothing if you squawk about it too loudly. It can only have the potential to produce negative results.

Win, then damn all of them to hell publicly afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't funny how there is no mention at all about our training ban on the AFEL's website. I think this is actually pretty big news myself. Nothing but chirping crickets coming from the AFEL and even our President. WTF is going here. We are playing in a AFL prelim final ffs. Somebody other than Bevo has to come in and bat for us.

If we by some miracle we get up and win this game then the GF and our President suddenly finds a voice I will spew up!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Isn't funny how there is no mention at all about our training ban on the AFEL's website. I think this is actually pretty big news myself. Nothing but chirping crickets coming from the AFEL and even our President. WTF is going here. We are playing in a AFL prelim final ffs. Somebody other than Bevo has to come in and bat for us.

If we by some miracle we get up and win this game then the GF and our President suddenly finds a voice I will spew up!
    The league did release a statement backing the SA government, I get the feeling they’re none too happy with Bevo’s outburst.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    The league did release a statement backing the SA government, I get the feeling they’re none too happy with Bevo’s outburst.
    To steal a phrase from SonOfScray, the AFL are pig scum.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post