Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 2 Vs west Coast Eagles 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Out: McNeil and Bruce
    In: Wood and West

I just think we are not ready to play three talls forward. Wood gives leadership and experience, West gives us a hard edge and crumbing forward
    BB, It was probably the 2nd best game Bruce has played for us. No chance he gets dropped

No Change but on notice are O'Neil and Scott with West and JJ right in the mix

There could be a big change given Ugle-Hagan is knocking the door of the hinges
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    BB, It was probably the 2nd best game Bruce has played for us. No chance he gets dropped

Was chatting to a mate yesterday who made the point that there be very little risk in taking out McNeil and putting in jamarra.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to sort out our forward structure pretty quickly. Jamarra is gonna need space to do what he does best.

Sounds like, from smads report, that he’s still a few weeks away as he went missing a bit and needs to build his tank. That’s pretty scary in itself considering he kicked 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Out- McNeil, Scott
    In- Wood, West

McNeil to be Sub
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

No change for me but Jamarra after 5 needs to be strongly considered. Hopefully Wallis can improve on last night he or McNeil the obvious change, although I like the difference McNeil brings to the table.
    Wally has showed us what he's made of time and time again so I'm backing him to have a better game v the Eagles.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the first game of the season with only one real hit out before the start so I guess its going to be hard on the players with limited match practice under the belt.
    We go through unchanged and one would hope the debutantes will be better after the run and with the step up in level adjust accordingly.
    Scott and McNeil had to do it the hard way and a team needs role players that can support the more skillful and will give their all to stay in the team.
    We've had a good start that needs some polish so I think we have to back them in for at least another game. I believe Scott is also learning a new position so it may take a few games to get up to speed.
    If Duryea is fit do we need Wood as the defenders did a good job last night and if Wood is to replace Scott is the output going to be any better and if it is would it be just marginally and are we better showing confidence in Scott.
    Wood hasn't been at his best for a couple of years so does his game in the practice match against most likely a weaker forward line warrant dropping Scott.
    Another week for Wood and another week for Scott and see how we go.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

No change for me - certainly wouldn’t bring in JJ after his VFL practice game yesterday. Wood could do with another run in the 2s, but he did get better exponentially yesterday afternoon as the game rolled on and he helped pull the defence together after a poor defensive first qtr by the VFL team.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

8. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    OUT: McNeil, Scott
    IN: West, Wood
    I like this but can also see no change.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No change.

No way Bruce goes out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    We need to sort out our forward structure pretty quickly. Jamarra is gonna need space to do what he does best.

Sounds like, from smads report, that he’s still a few weeks away as he went missing a bit and needs to build his tank. That’s pretty scary in itself considering he kicked 5.
    Bruce was plainly better last night but colour me fascinated to see how this goes if Jamarra's eventually sharing a forward line with him.

Then again Marra's probably savvy enough to simply treat him as another step-ladder.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes Dry Rot, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see West forcing his way in after spending the game on the bench. Not his fault I know, but if his form prior to yesterday wasn't good enough to make the 22, I can't see how he has a stronger case now. McNeil wasn't great, but he wasn't awful and it was his first game.

It sounded like JJ was ok in the practice match, but he clearly has to prove a point to the coaches regarding his defending. One practice game surely can't be enough. Lipinski et al were sent back for a number of weeks before they got the nod back into the 22.

The same with Jamarra. I'm really excited by his 5 goals, but it was a VFL practice match. The coaches don't care who wins, they are trying things out and getting match fitness. They may have changed things up against him if 4 points were on the line. As it was, his 5 goals didn't make the difference in the game. I think he will need 3 or 4 games at least before he becomes under consideration.

I only see a change to the team line-up if the coaches see Easton Wood as a lock. In which case Scott, or possibly McNeil, could find themselves wearing the medical sub vest.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

In: JJ, Wood

Out: Scott, McNeil

I know JJ isn’t going to play but he really should be. He must have put in a putrid pre-season (which I’m not disregarding as a possibility) but comments like that from Grant help no one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

I know JJ isn’t going to play but he really should be. He must have put in a putrid pre-season (which I’m not disregarding as a possibility) but comments like that from Grant help no one.
    Aren't comments like the one from Grant a positive example of the sort of transparency we have all been yearning for from the club? Someone who has been a key player is not getting a game. We all want to know why. Grant tells us. I think this is very good. JJ has also been obviously told, which is also clearly good.

A concern we all have is goals over the back caused by opposition players in space when the turnovers occur. Lack of defending is the cause. The cure is defenders have to defend or they don't get games. JJ's attacking plays are A class, defending, not so much. The answer is clearly he learns to defend or we find a player who can attack and defend.

Last year we were not good enough to beat the top sides. We have kept the coach, which I support, so the change has to come from a change in players. Either through personnel changes or changes in the way individuals play. Lipinski and Macrae were able to adjust, why not JJ. He will come back in, but I don't think it will be for a few weeks unless injuries occur.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

16. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Our sudden stance on JJ is a mite confusing ...

We're collectively guilty of lax defensive application but we make an example of perhaps our best counter-attacking weapon not named Daniel at the precise moment the game's being adjudicated further in his favour. Not to mention the logic of insisting an attacking run-and-carry type start focusing on the one-percenters, or something.

Not suggesting JJ's immune from being held accountable in the name of better two-way play though I felt he showed more willingness last year to get his hands dirty but where's the value in using your Ferrari to go bush-bashing?

If we can't utilise him in the current go-at-all-costs climate you'd reckon 17 other teams could.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

In Wood
    Out Scott

19. Likes 1eyedog liked this post