Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  61
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 3 Vs North Melbourne 2021

Thoughts on whether we will be resting Martin during the H&A season, and whether we should have rested him in this game vs a hopeless side but with a gun ruckman?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question - what does West have to do to get selected, and who might he replace?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Thoughts on Scott and McNeil holding their spots?
    I can see why we persist with McNeil - his burst speed will become more of a weapon as his handling improves. Scott is lucky but I think he's being played out of position. I'd prefer him play as a forward/mid if we're going to pick him, so hopefully he gets a crack at the now vacant forward pocket role.

If he has another quiet one, I imagine West is next one on the list.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not a huge fan of the inclusion of JJ AND Wood. They’re both defenders. Yes JJ can play up forward but he spent preseason playing defence correct? I’m assuming we will play him as a forward. In this case why haven’t we chosen a forward like Weightman, West or Cavarra to replace Wallis? I hope this isn’t simply picking JJ because he’s JJ.

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I can see why we persist with McNeil - his burst speed will become more of a weapon as his handling improves. Scott is lucky but I think he's being played out of position. I'd prefer him play as a forward/mid if we're going to pick him, so hopefully he gets a crack at the now vacant forward pocket role.

If he has another quiet one, I imagine West is next one on the list.
    I'm guessing that's what we'll see, scott going forward, maybe Dale forward. Curious to see both Lapinski and Wallis dropped. Maybe there is an injury there?

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, the vice captaincy is really becoming a poisoned chalice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There was certainly talk about Wallis but Lipinski? That's a head scratcher.

A forward and a mid out for 2 defenders. JJ must surely be going to play wing/forward?
    That's the head scratching bit.....is Bailey Dale going forward? A bit disappointed with this. I would have thought that Wally had some more credits, but he isn't even in the emergencies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    That's the head scratching bit.....is Bailey Dale going forward? A bit disappointed with this. I would have thought that Wally had some more credits, but he isn't even in the emergencies
    Honestly I'm fine with Dale forward, has shown he can kick bags when his having a good year.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis hasn't hit the scoreboard in any of the competitive games against opposition apart from the Hawks, and he completely butchered two relatively easy opportunities in front of goal Sunday. Which would be OK, if he'd have hit the scoreboard in previous matches.

He's an opportunistic forward and if he's not able to generate opportunities or convert them then someone else should get a turn to do so. I reckon we'll see Scott and Hunter forward, JJ to a wing and Wood in defence.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes merantau, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Honestly I'm fine with Dale forward, has shown he can kick bags when his having a good year.
    He's actually shown he can be elite as a forward.....just not for enough weeks in a row.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Wallis hasn't hit the scoreboard in any of the competitive games against opposition apart from the Hawks, an
    He's an opportunistic forward and if he's not able to generate opportunities or convert then someone else should get a turn to do so. I reckon we'll see Scott and Hunter forward, JJ to a wing and Wood in defence.
    I don’t like Hunter coward at all, I would rather have Daniel and Dale forward as I think they both would impact and Dale would enjoy playing with these rules and the quicker ball movement. He has good leading pattens and repeat efforts to get shots on goal
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I don’t like Hunter coward at all, I would rather have Daniel and Dale forward as I think they both would impact and Dale would enjoy playing with these rules and the quicker ball movement. He has good leading pattens and repeat efforts to get shots on goal
    Yeah it's a big no from me with Hunter forward too. He is another that seems to hate trying to kick a goal.

16. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah it's a big no from me with Hunter forward too. He is another that seems to hate trying to kick a goal.
    Especially from a set shot
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Hunter on HFF playing almost wing to HFF works, but maybe not deeper.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought we would pick a side to bolster our percentage. I must be short-sighted.