Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  51
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 4 Vs Brisbane 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    No I was in the band wagon for Scott and McNeil.

Bevo's brief said we needed a tall so that leads towards Young as our only tallish defender unless Bevo moves some magnets around.
    I know that a player's height is wholly dependent upon the source you are quoting, but I did notice that the Footy Record from round 2 had added a few cm to a number of our younger players and some not so young.

Cordy 195cm
    Ugle-Hagan 197cm
    Young 201cm
    English 207cm
    Schache 201cm
    Bruce 198cm

The other players look to be unchanged, though I didn't check everyone.

The club never seems to update heights after players are drafted and this season is not even listing new player heights. If the Footy Record is correct then perhaps it is time it was acknowledged that Cordy is big enough to be a KPD. Whether he is good enough is an entirely different question.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

No I was in the band wagon for Scott and McNeil.

Bevo's brief said we needed a tall so that leads towards Young as our only tallish defender unless Bevo moves some magnets around.
    Based on what Bevo said on SEN this morning, Young will come in. As Mantis says, who knows who else is in the gun.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Condions may not suit their tall forwards.
    Maybe Baku for Gardner could help in starting a chain from the backline.
    Jong is ready I would pick him for Scott.
    Cavarra v McNeil?
    Cavarra is more likely to snag goals so Cav.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL Rd 4 - Match Time Start Change:

Sat April 10
    Western Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Lions
    Mars Stadium
    1:35pm AEST (formerly 1:45pm AEST)

This game has been brought forward to ensure minimal crossover with the Brisbane Lions AFLW team’s Preliminary Final match against Collingwood.

5. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess for Gardner's replacement would be Cordy. He is tough and experienced and won't give Daniher or Hipwood the chance to have a contact free leap for the ball.

Its kind of ironic, that after being pilloried on this forum, Gardner is now seen as a real loss to the backline. Even BeeTee could be heard saying, "they seem a pretty solid back six", referring to our defense.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Lewy Young for me. Time to bring him in and see how he goes. As for playing on Danihar or Hipwood, he is not a kid anymore. He has had 3/4 pre-seasons. Its time to step up.
    It would have to be his last chance for him, how many years do you get to break into a team, to be fair he has done nothing to indicate he can play at this level, the other Young now at Norf is a case in point, many Woof members used to call for his inclusion, but again he is not good enough, Cordy first i hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Donuts View Post
    It would have to be his last chance for him, how many years do you get to break into a team, to be fair he has done nothing to indicate he can play at this level, the other Young now at Norf is a case in point, many Woof members used to call for his inclusion, but again he is not good enough, Cordy first i hope.
    Wow!

Don't tell Danjul I guess

Post Thanks / Like

A bit harsh, Young had 16 possessions and 7 marks in a team that was smashed.The AFL website gave him 77 points for his game.

For comparison they gave Keath 70 points for his 16 possessions and 6 marks.

I think the WOOF members were good judges and, as you should, I apologise to them because I didn’t see his talent either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    A bit harsh, Young had 16 possessions and 7 marks in a team that was smashed.The AFL website gave him 77 points for his game.

For comparison they gave Keath 70 points for his 16 possessions and 6 marks.

I think the WOOF members were good judges and, as you should, I apologise to them because I didn’t see his talent either.
    Most of his possessions came as uncontested marks/handball receives in defence, while Norf tried to stem the flow and hold possession. He was a deer in headlights in contested situations, and not very good in 1v1 situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Most of his possessions came as uncontested marks/handball receives in defence, while Norf tried to stem the flow and hold possession. He was a deer in headlights in contested situations, and not very good in 1v1 situations.
    How old is he? How many games has he played? (It’s about 10) How long has he been at the club?

He played on the full back line, opponents Bruce, English, Bont in the selected teams with Naughton close by.

At least he didn’t put his teammate, who was taking an uncontested mark, out of the game for a few months.

Whoever assigns the points on the AFL website thought he was a lot better than McNeil and Vandermeer. I assume that they are independent.

I saw a young kid playing against probably the most talented team in the competition and thought he did OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why we traded out Lachie Young. His not got any speed , way to loose when manning up and really did not see him on enough links out the back , which I assume his tank may not be adequate, so no dash or carry out of defense

I want Lewis Young to be cementing a spot this year due to unfortunate Gardner injury . His time is now and he needs to grab it and show his AFL standard .

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I can see why we traded out Lachie Young. His not got any speed , way to loose when manning up and really did not see him on enough links out the back , which I assume his tank may not be adequate, so no dash or carry out of defense

I want Lewis Young to be cementing a spot this year due to unfortunate Gardner injury . His time is now and he needs to grab it and show his AFL standard .
    Lachie Young is a 3rd tall type defender and he didn't have a lot of quality and experience around him. Not having Tarrant and Corr really exposed him. I don't think his tank is an issue but I will look at his progress over the next year or two and see if we let go of a good one or not.

Lewis Young has a great opportunity now and I hope he is ready to grasp it. We have the Lions, Suns and then GWS in the next 3 weeks and he will have some challenging opponents to compare his progress against.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we wanted to keep Young and it was his decision to leave. I could be wrong.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we wanted to keep Young and it was his decision to leave. I could be wrong.
    Yes, he wanted more senior game opportunities and he will get that with North.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we can trade in Kozzy for the rest of the year. I’m in love.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post