Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 5 Vs Gold Coast 2021

Lippa for Daniel would seem to be the obvious change.

I would however reward form and give Cavarra a go.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Don't like to see it but the Daniel suspension makes sense. Even if he's sometimes inconsistent, the MRO does like to go hard on anything involving the head and it looked to me like the Brissie player was pretty much piledriven. We all know Daniel didn't mean to do it, he's not that sort of player, but one week makes a lot of sense in this environment.
    Neville Jetta gave away a free yesterday after tackling Menegola and slamming down on the side of his head. Menegola was fine and took the free but if the MRO has any consistency, he should also get a week. I bet he doesn’t.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I would just be bringing Lippa in for Caleb.

Don't see any major need to make multiple changes to the top of the ladder side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Neville Jetta gave away a free yesterday after tackling Menegola and slamming down on the side of his head. Menegola was fine and took the free but if the MRO has any consistency, he should also get a week. I bet he doesn’t.
    He's definitely not 100% consistent. In my time as a coach of a very different sport, I used to tell my students that the referees were kind of like terrain - something that will change from game to game and that you couldn't always use to advantage, but you had to account for or you were a fool.

I think the umps and MRO are like that. They're like the rain or the wind. You might not enjoy it but you have to deal with it.

The inconsistency does grate, but it means we get off when we shouldn't sometimes too.

6. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast don't have a recognised ruckman - I'd be very tempted to give Sweet a chance at the highest level and rest Martin.
    Cavarra or West for Daniel, JJ goes back to defence this week.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

8. Likes Dry Rot, westbulldog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t wanna take any risk with Martin at all, so this week is a prefect week to just freshen him up for Mumford the following week.
    Lippa comes in for Daniel, and I’d like to see Jong as the Sub.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

We wouldn't challenge that Daniel suspension would we? Seems like a waste of energy and with this dip in form a week off might not be the worst thing ever for Caleb.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Gold Coast don't have a recognised ruckman - I'd be very tempted to give Sweet a chance at the highest level and rest Martin.
    Cavarra or West for Daniel, JJ goes back to defence this week.
    What is Sweet going to add besides being the right size?

I’d prefer we play Schache and allow English, Young and Schache to share the load.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah let's not get crazy here thinking that a soft launch for Sweet is the way to go. Gold Coast aren't so terrible where we can afford to lead a first gamer by the hand in a really important position, despite what Nathan Buckley might have you believe.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah let's not get crazy here thinking that a soft launch for Sweet is the way to go. Gold Coast aren't so terrible where we can afford to lead a first gamer by the hand in a really important position, despite what Nathan Buckley might have you believe.

I'd be fine with an English/Sweet combo considering the ruckstocks of GC, Martin has a huge run coming up, GWS/Richmond, if we were gonna rest him before he goes toe to toe with the likes of Mummy, now is the time. Sweet is really progressing, I don't think he'd be nearly as bad as what some are saying.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

14. Likes Mofra, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OUT-
    McNeil, needs to learn his craft in the magoos, shows a fair bit though
    Scott, simply not ready for the ones, and not a good fit at the moment in our firsts with the attacking and aggressive style we play.
    Daniel, Very stiff to miss a week, the Lions player did project forward
    Vandermeer, his second efforts are lacking, he just stands there waiting for a teammate to go get the ball

IN-
    West, he simply must play and string a few games in a row together, he is aggressive and smart, if we can play McNeil and Scott for 4 games with near zero inputs, then surely West can have a crack as well.
    Lipinski, he was good when he played the whole game when Gardner was injured, he deserves another crack in the ones.
    Jong, lets have a look at what Lin can bring to the side, his attack on the ball and tackling would be a huge assistance.
    Cavarra, another chance for him, and he has been in good form.

We need to find our best 23 as soon as we can, i do not believe in playing youngsters just for the sake of it, we have a chance to be 6/6 and that sets up a top 4, let's take it seriously at the selection table.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As we have given McNeill and Scott a taste for 4 weeks why not give Sweet a go on our home deck ? The Suns Burgess has only played 16 games and would give away 24kg and 12cm to Sweet. Young has had one promising game in defence, leave him there and lets not revert to a "Dunkley in the ruck" theory which did not work and cost us multiple games.

18. Likes Mofra, The Doctor, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What is Sweet going to add besides being the right size?

I’d prefer we play Schache and allow English, Young and Schache to share the load.
    We have to find out if he's worth persisting with - I really prefer English forward of the ball right now
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

20. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Don't like to see it but the Daniel suspension makes sense. Even if he's sometimes inconsistent, the MRO does like to go hard on anything involving the head and it looked to me like the Brissie player was pretty much piledriven. We all know Daniel didn't mean to do it, he's not that sort of player, but one week makes a lot of sense in this environment.
    I agree with you, watched the replay 100 times and it is unclear whether the player jumped or Daniel deliberately lifted him off the ground - probably a bit of both.

What irritates me is that there is nothing on Mitch Robinson. He went out there as an enforcer - that’s fine but TWICE collected dogs players heads. The second one was pretty close to dangerfields incident which got weeks. How that has gone unnoticed I’ll not know.

Also - if we’re red hot on dangerous tackles this year, Jack Ziebel pile driving Bruce’s head into the dirt probably warrants a mention at least by the media....
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We wouldn't challenge that Daniel suspension would we? Seems like a waste of energy and with this dip in form a week off might not be the worst thing ever for Caleb.
    I'm not sure on what grounds we could challenge it. It was a dangerous tackle.

On the form front - I don't have a big issue with one down week. He got tagged, but we still won, and Bailey Dale in particular, was able to pick up the slack and use his great kicking to our advantage.