Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  76
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 5 Vs Gold Coast 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What is Sweet going to add besides being the right size?

I’d prefer we play Schache and allow English, Young and Schache to share the load.
    The obsession with crowbarring Sweet into the side is too much for me!

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We have to find out if he's worth persisting with - I really prefer English forward of the ball right now
    We don't have to at all right now. He can continue to be no.1 ruck in the reserves and ready himself for AFL football post Stef Martin if he's good enough. He's still very young in a ruckman sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We wouldn't challenge that Daniel suspension would we? Seems like a waste of energy and with this dip in form a week off might not be the worst thing ever for Caleb.
    I do wonder if the dip in form was due to the umpire telling him he’s on report. The tackle was in the first ten minutes of the game. That sort of thing would weigh heavily on your mind for the rest of the match wouldn’t it??
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I do wonder if the dip in form was due to the umpire telling him he’s on report. The tackle was in the first ten minutes of the game. That sort of thing would weigh heavily on your mind for the rest of the match wouldn’t it??
    Maybe if it was in the first quarter of the Eagles game. Caleb is a stud but he's not having the best start to the year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet was almost a permanent emergency in the hub year so the Club must see something in him. He is also out of contract at the end of this year so do we give him a go or risk losing him ? Some on here probably think he is just another Tom Campbell. FFS if Scott and McNeill can be given FOUR Games what is wrong in giving Sweet ONE especially against GC. From our website "The crafty ruckman had a terrific season for North Adelaide in the state-league competition, culminating in being a member of the Rooster's SANFL premiership side
    IMO Young was also left out out of the team for too long. Lets not run Martin into the ground, we are only 4 games in.

8. Likes Mofra, DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Caleb (Suspended for tackling a player and no one hurt)

In: Lipinski
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Out: Caleb (Suspended for tackling a player and no one hurt)

In: Lipinski
    That seems the right change for me. Cannot se Scott/McNeil being left out this week with no reserves.

Post Thanks / Like

With Caleb out it allows JJ to take his defence spot as he played forward for quite a bit against the Lions.
    I would like to see Wallis as our appointed VC return possibly at the expense of Vandemeer who has struggled for the most part this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t get the determination to change a winning side to bring in players who haven’t had a game for points this year. Sweet, West, Cavarra et al have only got training and practice match form to support their inclusion. Let’s see how their form stacks up when they are competing against opponents for premiership points. With an undefeated side and no real passengers so far, let’s just make changes as necessary.

Out : Daniel

In: Lipinski or Crozier, though I’d probably wait another week for Crozier.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    With Caleb out it allows JJ to take his defence spot as he played forward for quite a bit against the Lions.
    I would like to see Wallis as our appointed VC return possibly at the expense of Vandemeer who has struggled for the most part this year.
    I think Vanders has struggled in the last 2 games, but I'm not ready to drop him yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I don’t get the determination to change a winning side to bring in players who haven’t had a game for points this year. Sweet, West, Cavarra et al have only got training and practice match form to support their inclusion. Let’s see how their form stacks up when they are competing against opponents for premiership points. With an undefeated side and no real passengers so far, let’s just make changes as necessary.

I would love Crozier to come back in ... big fan; but i agree, wait one more week.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post

That is EXACTLY the position Scott and McNeill were in before round 1. Only 2 practice games as I recall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I would love Crozier to come back in ... big fan; but i agree, wait one more week.
    Gut feel - he comes in for Caleb

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Gut feel - he comes in for Caleb
    Given he’s limited preparation I would hope he would come back via the VFL team... he wasn’t seen as a 1st choice defender come the end of last year so should be made to return to the team with some form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Given he’s limited preparation I would hope he would come back via the VFL team... he wasn’t seen as a 1st choice defender come the end of last year so should be made to return to the team with some form.
    I am with you and prefer Lippa in for Caleb, but who knows