Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
From The Age: (these articles make me so nervous)

Bulldog vows never again after Giants ‘bullying’

Giants protagonist Toby Greene missed last year’s clash but has taken his leadership to a new level since becoming fill-in skipper. After a rugged start to the season, the Giants have won two straight, and Greene has been instrumental.

Crozier was full of praise for the Giants talisman.

‘‘I’ve spent a little bit of time on him,’’ Crozier said. ‘‘I played Vic Metro with him in under-18s so I know him quite well.

‘‘He’s got a real physical edge to his game that really gets the rest of their players up and about, so we know we’re going to be in for a tough challenge.’’
I read the Giants had decided not to employ the same tactics as last year. They felt they were undisciplined and didn't concentrate on playing footy and the Dogs got away from them.

Toby didn't play last year and this year he is Captain (acting) and has said in various interviews he has curtailed some of the way he plays. I see it differently, people don't really change much. They may try hard not to lose their temper, but if you poke the bear, anything can happen? (reference Barry Hall).

Will we poke the bear and unsettle him, or does he play better when he is provoked?

Will be interesting what happens tomorrow night, but one thing is we are now more mature and we will be prepared.