Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  83
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 6 Vs Giants 2021

Fingers crossed Mumford misses. I know we can probably exploit his lack of mobility, but he's a one man wrecking ball on field and is odds on to injure one of our blokes. Hickey is out for 6-8 after the big lug knocked into his knee.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mumford's a malevolent turd but I'd be equally comfortable sending either ruck in against him.

Stef's no shrinking violet and well and truly wise to Mumford's schtick - and while a greenhorn he may be, Sweet will gladly return serve if the lumbering shithead gets bolshy and he will, nothing surer than them trying it on again.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't think there's anything that can be done about Mumford being a douche, and to be honest we just have to take it up to him and try and make him feel some pain and make him look like a dick by being better than he is whilst he acts accordingly.

He doesn't have long left in the competition, let's help in making his remaining days as miserable and sorry as they possibly can be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Mumford might be a thug but that doesn’t change that he’s been really very good in their last two games.

Everything that Cameron has said for the last two weeks suggests he won’t play against us so its all moot, but I’m hoping he doesn’t regardless.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Where is JJ at - has he done enough to keep his spot?

For mine he seems to be floating and not impacting the game in the way he should with his skill set.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Where is JJ at - has he done enough to keep his spot?

For mine he seems to be floating and not impacting the game in the way he should with his skill set.
    It's a good question, and I don't think it's easily answered as we've played two ordinary teams and one good team each for modest returns in terms of touches by sheet and influence to the eye.

He's not really our go to out of defence anymore which is what generated a lot of his output in previous years. However, while teams have learned to try and stifle Daniel already they'll soon be looking to put the clamps on Dale, and this is where I think we'll need JJ to generate some run and carry out of defence, particularly as Williams is out.

I'd leave him in until Williams comes back, and hope that he starts to generate a bit more in the coming weeks.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice analysis Jee. You raise some good points on we may need him to help with run if Daniel and Dale are clamped down.

We tried tough love with him early on by not playing him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out of the team again in the coming weeks.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Nice analysis Jee. You raise some good points on we may need him to help with run if Daniel and Dale are clamped down.

We tried tough love with him early on by not playing him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out of the team again in the coming weeks.
    It's very much a possibility. We don't know what his non-negotiables and targets are, how he's being assessed week to week.

I thought he was decisive with a few of his touches and there was one exceptional hit to Dale from half back where he knew body contact was coming but didn't squib and was laid out post getting the pinpoint kick away that impressed me, and made me think that's not something I'd be confident in him doing prior to it actually happening on the day. Things like that are what the coaching staff might be looking for in addition to work rate and touches.

12. Likes azabob, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's a good question, and I don't think it's easily answered as we've played two ordinary teams and one good team each for modest returns in terms of touches by sheet and influence to the eye.

He's not really our go to out of defence anymore which is what generated a lot of his output in previous years. However, while teams have learned to try and stifle Daniel already they'll soon be looking to put the clamps on Dale, and this is where I think we'll need JJ to generate some run and carry out of defence, particularly as Williams is out.

I'd leave him in until Williams comes back, and hope that he starts to generate a bit more in the coming weeks.
    Gee it’d be nice if our opponents forward lines needed to proactively clamp down Daniel, Dale and Williams.

It’ll be interesting to see if Daniel becomes our get out of jail card again this week with Williams out. Williams has definitely taken that mantle this year and it seems to have changed Daniels role a little - putting him slightly higher in the D50.

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of punters reckon Mummy will be rested this week and they'll bring in the new kid ruck, could be good for us.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I actually think JJ could be valuable as a quick forwardline pressure player. His kicking to a leading forward is beautiful at times and he knows our system well enough to be thrown anywhere if need be.
    We played Ed Richards in that role for long stretches last season and JJ has shown that in the same role he can stay involved in the game for longer periods.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Lot of punters reckon Mummy will be rested this week and they'll bring in the new kid ruck, could be good for us.
    Flynn isn't a bad ruck, but the plan was for Mummy to play 1-2 games then rest. He's just played 2 so is more likely than not to be rested.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Flynn isn't a bad ruck, but the plan was for Mummy to play 1-2 games then rest. He's just played 2 so is more likely than not to be rested.
    If they do go back to the Mummy well for a third week hopefully a fresh Stef can run the old lug around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If they do go back to the Mummy well for a third week hopefully a fresh Steph can run the old lug around.
    and take no shit from the thug
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Giants have confirmed Flynn will be playing this week so looking likely that Mumford will be rested. Good for us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.