Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  83
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 6 Vs Giants 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    McNeal is listed as managed. Bevo mentioned in press conference last week that we struggled to cover the ground later in the Suns game so I'd say we are utilising our depth.
    I like the idea of rotating/managing players. We have an embarrassing number of guys playing VFL who deserve senior opportunity, and that excludes Hannan who needs a game or two extra to ensure he can play full AFL minutes and Marra who played the laziest 5-goal game I've seen for a while last night (and probably could have kicked 7 or 8 with a bit more accuracy and a non-vision impaired umpire in the final 5 seconds of the game).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I can't understand the selections of Jong or Cordy.

Young has played well - and after only 2 games in, I'm not sure why we'd swap with Cordy.
    Jongy....I'm conscious that I'm hard on him....but he is fumbly under the roof at Marvel, and we are playing him at a venue which will almost certainly be dewy - and replacing an absolute clean, one grabber in Lipinski.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like these changes.

Surprised by a few of the criticisms.

Williams is a big out but he's injured, Lipinski is a bit stiff but McNeil (looked tired), Young (poor v GC), Cavarra (maybe unlucky) and Sweet (obvious) can be justified. I'd like Young to play a chunk of games, but yet his performance last night was disappointing. Maybe he's not what we hope he would be.

Vandermeer, Daniel and Martin are strong inclusions and always were coming in. Cordy replaces Young (meh) and I like Jong in here.

Vandermeer > McNeil
    Daniel for Williams (different roles, but a slight loss)
    Young for Cordy (even - latter is more aggressive though)
    Martin > Sweet
    Jong for Lipinski (even - though Lip has better skills)

The only loss of skill is Lipinski/Jong, but Jong brings hardness and pace around what I expect will be a fierce contest.

We looked tired in the second half v GC, I like we're freshening up. I only wish we included West for Scott (latter is perplexing).
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

A side picked to play GWS.
    Added hardness for our primary rival and bullies.
    I predict Lin Jong will not be injured.
    Cordy to be reported.
    We will make a statement.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 23-04-2021 at 03:44 PM.

5. Likes Torpedo, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think McNeil will be sub, with ‘managed’ being either nice word for demotion and/or the reduction in ToG. Roarke as travelling emergency.

Post Thanks / Like

The going in hard philosophy doesn't resonate with me. If we were focused on this approach why Scott and not West? Anyway, for fear of sounding like a broken record I will now sound off on this and protest through my signature.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes jeemak, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The going in hard philosophy doesn't resonate with me. If we were focused on this approach why Scott and not West? Anyway, for fear of sounding like a broken record I will now sound off on this and protest through my signature.
    Whilst we are winning, then no complaint from me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Whilst we are winning, then no complaint from me.
    True enough!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's it best defence is goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Horses for courses, or in this case harder bodies for an expected onslaught.
    While nothing like the scale used in English football, where 8 of the first 11 may change from game to game, this has the feel of a squad approach i.e. thinking beyond 23 or so players to all those available and the best fit for the expected task.
    It will be interesting to see how it works and how far Bevo is prepared to take it.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

14. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Horses for courses, or in this case harder bodies for an expected onslaught.
    While nothing like the scale used in English football, where 8 of the first 11 may change from game to game, this has the feel of a squad approach i.e. thinking beyond 23 or so players to all those available and the best fit for the expected task.
    It will be interesting to see how it works and how far Bevo is prepared to take it.

That was my thoughts as well; horses for courses. But I’m more leaning towards The Expendables. If things get out of hand, we have a few hard bodies we can expend on the Orange
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Lippa gets 200 disposals. Jong another injury. Hopefully doesn’t cost us too much.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Things are going their way at the moment . A better team would be 2 goals up on us.