Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  83
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 6 Vs Giants 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's a bit disheartening to hear that after just his 2nd game, Young is already regressing. I mean this is really his final opportunity to show his worth. He's got a 6-week stint to show us he wants his spot in the side.
    I can't recall him being terrible at all. The third quarter we were carved up in defence because our pressure dropped across the ground. Our defenders are very reliant on our mids creating dirty entries and we just didn't do that in the 3rd. Definitely needs another run.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought Young was solid tbh.

Daniel for Williams
    Martin for Sweet

No other changes at this stage, but Laith for McNeil could be the other one if Laith is right.

4. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just realised that with the Thug Toby Greene as acting captain, our Bont will have to do the coin toss with this unpleasant individual.

We will need to be switched on. Young Lewis must stay in. Surely he needs to be played for an extended period. If we were able to keep Ryan Gardner as a work in progress Lewy needs the same opportunity.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes josie, DOG GOD, westbulldog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I’ve just realised that with the Thug Toby Greene as acting captain, our Bont will have to do the coin toss with this unpleasant individual.

We will need to be switched on. Young Lewis must stay in. Surely he needs to be played for an extended period. If we were able to keep Ryan Gardner as a work in progress Lewy needs the same opportunity.
    Will Toby be able to keep it to a handshake or will he lash out with an eye gouge or a hair pull?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes josie, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we get Luke Dalhaus to do the toss?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Will Toby be able to keep it to a handshake or will he lash out with an eye gouge or a hair pull?
    Maybe Bont could don full protective gear and a HAZMAT suit.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

11. Likes Grantysghost, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Bont could don full protective gear and a HAZMAT suit.
    I would love it if he rocked up to the coin toss with full Horace Grant-esque goggles on:

13. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All this talk of Toby is making me angry again and how much I despise that so called club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    All this talk of Toby is making me angry again and how much I despise that so called club.
    Do we think it might be a good time to get them? Any possible complacency will be mitigated by the rivalry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Let’s hope the players feel the same.
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

If there’s one team I wanna beat into oblivion it’s them. This is why I think we need the bigger bodies. Would love to see Jong and West in, but I just don’t see the MC dropping McNeil and Scott.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Obvious changes are Daniel for Williams and Martin for Sweet.

If Vandermeer is fit i prefer him to McNeill, who is ok but i don't think contributes enough yet. West if Vandermeer isn't fit.

Scott is doing enough to hold his spot imo and we don't need to make more than 3 changes, as much as i would like to see Khamis.

Not too worried about GWS talls, Keath and Young are enough to play proper key defence, Crozier is like Williams in that he is ok playing a bit taller and Wood to take Greene.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Is it fair to say we are currently just about 'all in' on English as a forward? I thought it was strange we used Young there
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is it fair to say we are currently just about 'all in' on English as a forward? I thought it was strange we used Young there
    To not even use him as a relief ruck is a big departure from our previous strategy. I for one am very glad we seem to have as little interest in English's sub par ruckwork as possible.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

In: Liam Picken, Clay Smith, Danny Southern, Rick Kennedy, Super MacPherson, Tony Liberatore, Barry Hall, Mark West, Steve Kretiuk

Out: Bont, Treloar, Bazlenka, Dunks, Macrae, Hunter, JJ, Dale, Lipinski (all managed)
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

23. Likes DOG GOD, ReLoad, dadsgirl16, ratsmac, N/A liked this post