Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  83
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 6 Vs Giants 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    In: Liam Picken, Clay Smith, Danny Southern, Rick Kennedy, Super MacPherson, Tony Liberatore, Barry Hall, Mark West, Steve Kretiuk

Out: Bont, Treloar, Bazlenka, Dunks, Macrae, Hunter, JJ, Dale, Lipinski (all managed)
    Mark West - late withdrawal - random injury (insert details here...nothing would surprise me!).
    Replaced in the line-up by Jose Romero.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is it fair to say we are currently just about 'all in' on English as a forward? I thought it was strange we used Young there
    I thought Young was just superfluous to requirements down back...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Maybe but wouldn't he have to also learn to play on all types though?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Are you saying he was v GC, or generally you don’t see a role week to week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Maybe but wouldn't he have to also learn to play on all types though?
    I think we value our tall forward set up more than our backline, which we're happy to have play out positionally rather than structurally.

We saw it against Collingwood too with Keath going forward with no match up for him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    In: Liam Picken, Clay Smith, Danny Southern, Rick Kennedy, Super MacPherson, Tony Liberatore, Barry Hall, Mark West, Steve Kretiuk

Out: Bont, Treloar, Bazlenka, Dunks, Macrae, Hunter, JJ, Dale, Lipinski (all managed)
    Matthew Dent injury sub?

8. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With this in mind how do you match up on Finlayson, Riccardi, Himmelberg and Greene?

And I find it difficult to comprehend that we discard Young after one so-so performance, but we’re happy to carry Scott & McNeil who have done 3 parts of *!*!*!*! all this season.

I watched Young closely yesterday and he got lost and was out of position at times; just seems slow to react when we don't have it.
    I can see why he's struggled for a game.
    Certainly not discarding him that's emotive wording, more can you go back and learn what to do and display it consistently.

If we give him more time that's OK too. I just like what I see with Khamis and think he gives us some felixibilty as he can take a tall or mid sized forward with his aerial ability.

Finlayson and Himmelberg the two talls. Keath and the second.

Riccardi, not worried can use an intercept/team defence probably with maybe a Crozier the matchup.

Greene tough matchup. Wood probably.

Scott and McNeil, I disagree. Yes not a lot of the ball you can argue but what they do without it is top notch team play.

Good positioning, running hard without it, pressuring the opposition, selfless stuff consistently. Certainly not rusted on first team players but I like what they bring to the table at this stage.

10. Likes bornadog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be pretty happy if Mumford has a rest this week. Can't stand that dirty battering ram.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'll be pretty happy if Mumford has a rest this week. Can't stand that dirty battering ram.
    Will never forget what that pig of a man did to Libba - basically crushing him with purpose only to injure. He and Thug Greene are IMO sportsmen of the lowest order - calling them animals is a disservice to our furry friends. I kind of hope he plays and we make him look silly and old and slow. My fear is he will hurt one of our players so on balance yeah - I agree would be good if he did not play.

I envy those going to Canberra to see game live. Due to personal circumstances decided not to go.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I watched Young closely yesterday and he got lost and was out of position at times; just seems slow to react when we don't have it.
    I think he didn't have a proper match up and felt a little lost. He will be fine next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hogan played well for the Giants in the VFL might be an in this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he didn't have a proper match up and felt a little lost. He will be fine next week.
    I'd argue against that because there were at least 2 key forwards playing for the Suns and we tend to play more prepositionally than man v man anyway

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why he's struggled for a game.
    Certainly not discarding him that's emotive wording, more can you go back and learn what to do and display it consistently.

If we give him more time that's OK too. I just like what I see with Khamis and think he gives us some felixibilty as he can take a tall or mid sized forward with his aerial ability.

Finlayson and Himmelberg the two talls. Keath and the second.

Riccardi, not worried can use an intercept/team defence probably with maybe a Crozier the matchup.

Greene tough matchup. Wood probably.
    When we were giving up easy transition goals in the 3rd qtr our whole defensive structure fell part at times of which Lewis was a part of, but it would be a stretch to say he was alone. In the last qtr when Bailey Dale made a really good intercept spoil and later gathered the ball with the resulting play ending up with a goal to our team Ben King was standing inside F50 all alone whilst his opponent (Alex Keath) was on the wing... Point being players get lost at times and I think we need to cut a 6'5"guy playing his 2nd game in 18 months and someone we need to develop a little slack. With Gardner out for the next 4-6 weeks we need to give Lewis this time to put his best foot forward and make the role his own.

If Khamis comes in I would think it's as the 3rd tall. Not sure it would be beneficial for him to play as KP defender at this stage of his development... and I too like what he will bring to the team and would like to see him in the team shortly.

Scott and McNeil, I disagree. Yes not a lot of the ball you can argue but what they do without it is top notch team play.

Good positioning, running hard without it, pressuring the opposition, selfless stuff consistently. Certainly not rusted on first team players but I like what they bring to the table at this stage.
    There impact is extremely limited.. and whilst Scott was very involved yesterday I see our small forwards as our weak link at present and feel we need to get more out the players in these roles.

I guess we will see how they go over the coming weeks, but I'm not hopeful they will develop into the type of players we need if we are to contend in 2021.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m all for bringing Buku in as a direct replacement for Williams. They basically play the same role and have similar skill sets from what I’ve seen. Williams often takes the 3rd tall, so would expect Khamis to do the same. Daniel will clearly come in so it’ll be interesting if the MC add another mid sized defender or just bring Caleb in and rely on the ability of Wood and Crozier to contest in the air.
    It’s going to be a pretty fascinating week for selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I really think West has a big future in the game. He's got too many of his old man's footy traits not to make it.
    I know McNeill kicked a brilliant banana goal, but Scott's involvement was good. He had 9 score involvements, to McNeil's 2.
    Bevo mentioned some players looked to be struggling to cover the ground at times. McNeil was the only teenager on the field tonight. I wonder whether he may have a rest coming.

Given McNeil has speed, maybe Vandermeer comes back in for McNeil?
    Martin for Sweet,
    Daniel for Williams.
    Not sure Lewy Young holds his spot, ,maybe Buku comes in? GWS aren't particularly tall up forward right now.
    Everyone before this forgot about VDM surely
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff