Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment - Rnd 1, 2021 vs Collingwood Magpies

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Collingwood. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment - Rnd 1, 2021 vs Collingwood Magpies

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Gee. Bont could've owned the moment for good or bad.
    Huge statement mark, and then a pitiful finish, which really left the door ajar.

Probably 2 moments. One Martin's goal. Just took the wind out of their sails.

But in retrospect, for me it was English's first ruck contest against Grubdy. He used his body well, and didn't allow Grundy to assert himself.

Thanks goodness The Moment didn't turn out to be GrantysGhost's comment at the end of the 3rd that we had this in the bag!

Post Thanks / Like

When Ads got his first touch and Naughton put it through
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Call me a hopeless romantic but I loved when Treloar got a round of applause from the whole crowd

7. Likes chef, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Call me a hopeless romantic but I loved when Treloar got a round of applause from the whole crowd
    That was a really sweet moment. I wonder if most of the deadsh!t Pies fans had left the ground by that stage.

I didn't feel safe until Stef's goal, but my individual highlights were VDMs chase-down tackle, and also his chase to put pressure on Pendlebury waltzing through the middle late in the third. His pressure is elite and gets me out of my seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    That was a really sweet moment. I wonder if most of the deadsh!t Pies fans had left the ground by that stage.

I didn't feel safe until Stef's goal, but my individual highlights were VDMs chase-down tackle, and also his chase to put pressure on Pendlebury waltzing through the middle late in the third. His pressure is elite and gets me out of my seat.
    I was gobsmacked they booed him on his first position? What the hell did he do wrong?? He bloody wanted to stay??? And he's been demonstrative (almost to the threshold of it being annoying) in stating how he loves the club.......They are morons

10. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite moment was Timmy outmarking Grundy. After years of torment, he had a good game and finally had a moment to shine.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    My favourite moment was Timmy outmarking Grundy. After years of torment, he had a good game and finally had a moment to shine.
    He played with a confidence and vigour I don’t think I’ve seen in him. Was better holding marks and seemed to cover more ground when it was his turn. Sure he’s probably not exhausted like he would have been in other years, but I reckon Stef Martin’s presence also makes him stand a few inches taller

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood false cheering Grundy late when the game was decided. Music to my ears.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes Twodogs, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was Dunkley getting a late spoil on I think Adams marking it in the 3rd. Ball goes down the other end and we goal to get some breathing space. Had they marked and goaled from that, it would have been a different game.

17. Likes ratsmac, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I was gobsmacked they booed him on his first position? What the hell did he do wrong?? He bloody wanted to stay??? And he's been demonstrative (almost to the threshold of it being annoying) in stating how he loves the club.......They are morons
    I couldn’t believe it. How can you be so stupid? There’s one-eyed and then there’s that.

I hope that’s the last we hear of it. I’m over hearing how much love a bulldogs player has for Collingwood. I get it. It would have been tough for Adam and he’s free to express himself. But hopefully that’s the last of it. Hopefully he got some closure from that game and can now focus on his new journey with us.

Post Thanks / Like

My moment was LVM getting the crazy eyes and giving it to the pies player in the second qtr.
    He really has that agro I think we need. Really good young player.

20. Likes EasternWest, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To my mind the moment was the opening passage of play. Martin crashing Grundy, Bont to Macrae, and then Martin adding his strength to the ball drop in the forward line. Hello, the boys are ON tonight.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin's goal. Just the fact he had the composure to get it onto his foot and send it rolling goalward. Destiny took care of everything else. It was a nice bit of kismet that we just haven't seemed to enjoy when it really mattered for a long long time.

Pendlebury hitting the post in the last quarter seemed to knock a bit of spirit out of the pies too. I think they may have kicked another goal in the game but it was noticible that a few of their heads dropped when that ball hit the post.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

23. Likes Grantysghost liked this post