Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you have learned Round 1 2021 v Collingwood

It's back!

Tell us 3 things you learned tonight against Collingwood.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned Round 1 2021 v Collingwood

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Gardner has some potential. Maybe he's starting to work through his nerves.

2. Our midfield can defend!

3. Some things never change, we can't connect in our forward line, and we still lack finishing

Post Thanks / Like

1. God I missed the footy. Blew the lid clean off tonight and it was cathartic
    2. Bonts shot at goal would have been the nail in the coffin, can’t be missing those
    3. Tim English played with a confidence and impact I haven’t seen before. Stef Martin will do more than just groom his ruck craft

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We now have some dangerous big men
    * Bruce 11 marks, English 8, Naughton 7 and they all kicked goals as did Stefan

2. Mids are bloody good. Macrae 35, Smith 35, Hunter 31, Dunkley 30, Bont 29

3. We had almost 150 more disposals than Coillingwood, and really should have won by more, but I will take the win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. We now have some dangerous big men
    * Bruce 11 marks, English 8, Naughton 7 and they all kicked goals as did Stefan

2. Mids are bloody good. Macrae 35, Smith 35, Hunter 31, Dunkley 30, Bont 29

3. We had almost 150 more disposals than Coillingwood, and really should have won by more, but I will take the win
    Most disposals we've had since 2016. If that trend continues, it will only be a positive when we start to convert those into 6 pointers more regularly. But there definitely seemed a bit more of that manic intent that was such a feature of our game in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Stef Martin still has plenty of good footy in front of him.

2. A really tall forward line can work

3. Dunkley did the right thing staying or we did the right thing keeping him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Gardiner may have found some composure

2. Our midfield might work if Smith can perform like that on a wing (also solving a big area of need)

3. The dual ruck setup has turned a weakness into a possible strength.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Beating Collingwood feels gooood
    2. Smith on long term contract please, future captain of the club and insane footballer
    3. Rucks are now a strength, not a weakness, in a midfield full of stars
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

14. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our full-ground defence/zone was very effective at slowing down the Collingwood ball movement 90% of the time. This allowed our defenders time to set up and defend as a collective. The issue is (as it has been for a while) that the 10% where it gets over the zone is extremely damaging. If this is going to be our tactic, then we have to score when we are locking it in attack.

2. Bailey Dale off a half-back flank could work. He is good with ball in hand, likes to run and makes good decisions. I don't remember him being involved in any 1v1 defence though, and think that will be a big test for his future in that role. Duryea is also CLEARLY best 22.

3. Wallis is out of form. He was pretty crap in the praccys and has continued that into the season. Hopefully he can recapture what he offered us last year.

16. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

3. Wallis is out of form. He was pretty crap in the praccys and has continued that into the season. Hopefully he can recapture what he offered us last year.
    Yep, agreed with this, was pretty much un-noticable tonight. I feel a Cavarra / West would of played his role better.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    1. Our full-ground defence/zone was very effective at slowing down the Collingwood ball movement 90% of the time. This allowed our defenders time to set up and defend as a collective. The issue is (as it has been for a while) that the 10% where it gets over the zone is extremely damaging. If this is going to be our tactic, then we have to score when we are locking it in attack.

2. Bailey Dale off a half-back flank could work. He is good with ball in hand, likes to run and makes good decisions. I don't remember him being involved in any 1v1 defence though, and think that will be a big test for his future in that role. Duryea is also CLEARLY best 22.

Bailey is playing JJ's attacking role of HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Yep, agreed with this, was pretty much un-noticable tonight. I feel a Cavarra / West would of played his role better.
    It seems with the glut of quality mids we have a rotation where we’re resting guys pretty similar to Wally in the forward line. His lack of pace could really work against him this year in a faster game and he’ll be getting much more attention after last year.

I also think our entry into the forward line was atrocious for the most part, really keen to see him when he gets one out or a bit of space and a good ball in

Post Thanks / Like

1. Alex Keath is more than a good player.
    2. I prefer Williams kicking out. Daniel constantly went the long option all night so not sure the new rule suits him on kick outs and Williams gets an extra 10 metres on his kicks.
    3. VDM is a jet.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Stef Martin could be our recruit of the year.

2. Our ineffectiveness in the fwd 50 looks to still be a concern

3. Vander could take a massive step in the AFL in 2021 if he stays fit. Looked awesome.
    I will never see #16 the same!!