Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hub life to the trade period : What life was really like for me in 2020

FWIW I've heard that Bont is pretty unhappy with it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If your good mate was negotiating an exit from the club you lead to another club behind everyone's back, I'd take it personally too. I think it's obvious that what's p***ed off Bont and Bevo is the underhandedness of it all. No one likes being blindsided, especially by a mate.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If your good mate was negotiating an exit from the club you lead to another club behind everyone's back, I'd take it personally too. I think it's obvious that what's p***ed off Bont and Bevo is the underhandedness of it all. No one likes being blindsided, especially by a mate.
    Yeah and imagine now reading this article and seeing that a major reason for him enjoying things again is because he just loves hanging out with his new mate Treloar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah and imagine now reading this article and seeing that a major reason for him enjoying things again is because he just loves hanging out with his new mate Treloar.

Low effort compared to Rocket Science's work but I'm meant to be working

5. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Low effort compared to Rocket Science's work but I'm meant to be working
    It's beautiful man.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Thanks hujsh, chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels like spin to shy away from it being about $$$. The references to how he knows others had it tough don’t wash. Does he really empathise with the people who lost jobs, the people who lost family members, the funerals with only 10 people, the essential care workers? Does he know how hard it is to have to stay within 5 km of your home, to not be able to see family members, to have aged relatives in hospital or not to be able to visit? Wearing masks even walking around the block.I’d almost feel better if he said I was blown away by an insane amount of money. Oh, and by the way, nearly all of us maintaining our financial contribution to a club we love while Dunkley talked to another club behind our backs while he was contracted.

I too have seen nothing of he and Bont since this all happened. The ostentatious bromance with Treloar & raving about his new best mate mightn’t sit well with Bont, a new young captain also struggling with unique circumstanced. He must feel incredibly let down.

I think it was a mistake for Dunkley to pen this article and can’t help feeling like the “ I’m not asking for sympathy for me, but...” things were belatedly added in by his manager to soften the tone.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

The Treloar bromance does feel a little big trophy hunting have to agree. However his personal life doesnt really interest me.
    Well except the blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with bulldogtragician that he should not have aired this poorly conceived, clunkily constructed piece of self-justifying drivel.
    Who is advising him?

Josh, you undertook to betray your club; members, team, captain and coach. Your alternative deal fell through so everyone else was prepared to consider it water under the bridge and move on; but that doesn’t alter what had happened. You came back and worked hard to regain some respect and display solid performances on field.

This article has knee-capped what respect you may have earned back.
    Who brags about new their best buddy? Maybe a new prep-grader. A very immature statement and an insult to the rest of the team, especially the captain.

12. Likes The bulldog tragician, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The weirdness of their public outing as best buddies hasn't been lost on me. I mean what's the motivation for making it so public?

It only seems to present it as a contrived happy families outcome to something that when you think about it is pretty awkward with Dunkley apparently bemoaning a lack of midfield time only to have more midfield competition post being retained.

It's weird I tells ya.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The weirdness of their public outing as best buddies hasn't been lost on me. I mean what's the motivation for making it so public?

It only seems to present it as a contrived happy families outcome to something that when you think about it is pretty awkward with Dunkley apparently bemoaning a lack of midfield time only to have more midfield competition post being retained.

It's weird I tells ya.
    Someone becoming best friends with someone they just met is one of life's biggest red flags.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

+1 To this, heard the same from an ex-player who's still in contact with the playing group.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The guy was having a bad time away from family and was struggling with injury and what he perceived as limited opportunity in the midfield and a big money offer came along, in addition to a promise of being the big dawg inside midfielder.

I can see how all of those elements played out to trigger the request for a trade. It's cool.
    On top of that I think his father was selling/pressuring him on the merits of a big money deal and that by moving clubs his brother would also get a senior spot on the list. Depending on how strong the father is that could be a compelling reason for Josh to explore his opptions.

I get why Dunkley requested the trade and I understand why we said no but this whole Dunkley, Treloar and Bontempelli speculation just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It will get sorted out soon enough providing there is actually something to sort out.
    There did not seem to be any issues on the field on Friday night and really that is all that matters.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Someone becoming best friends with someone they just met is one of life's biggest red flags.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I get why Dunkley requested the trade and I understand why we said no...
    ...so can we ask Josh just to shut up and play footy for a while?

I have had a bit of contact with him in the past and have a lot of affection for him - but my goodness he just seems tone deaf.

The supporters of the club he plays for simply dont want to hear him justifying the reasons why he wanted to leave. And going back to it simply gives the whole situation 'air'. Shut up and play.

I know I am short-tempered with all of this at the moment but I really just wish the players would just give the media a rest until we have done something. I didn't like seeing Treloar on 360 last week and...well, what can I say...I'm grouchy at the world and want performance over publicity.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

20. Likes jeemak, hujsh, Raw Toast liked this post