Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  60
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, rnd 2, 2021: Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles

A special shout out to the old bulldogs behind me at the footy yesterday who were amongst the most one-eyed I'd ever sat near at a footy game.

And I don't think my ears have stopped ringing from the young girls in our section that shrieked at ear bleeding levels for the whole game.

If not for the last 10 minutes and the end result, it was making me think that maybe last season wasn't all that bad watching from the loungeroom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    A special shout out to the old bulldogs behind me at the footy yesterday who were amongst the most one-eyed I'd ever sat near at a footy game.

And I don't think my ears have stopped ringing from the young girls in our section that shrieked at ear bleeding levels for the whole game.

If not for the last 10 minutes and the end result, it was making me think that maybe last season wasn't all that bad watching from the loungeroom
    I think it's fairly safe to say a guy behind me yesterday was not Ryan Gardner's biggest fan. We all get frustrated at players but he seemed to be there just roast him. A few of us in the general vicinity took it upon ourselves to cheer a little bit louder whenever Ryan had a good moment.

3. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I think it's fairly safe to say a guy behind me yesterday was not Ryan Gardner's biggest fan. We all get frustrated at players but he seemed to be there just roast him. A few of us in the general vicinity took it upon ourselves to cheer a little bit louder whenever Ryan had a good moment.
    There's a fair few broken records at the footy, that's for sure. Either picking a player to pot relentlessly, the umpires, or the 'stop handballing and just kick it' brigade, who haven't stumbled across the fact that it has been a part of our identity as a side for 6 years now to use handball to move the footy.

5. Likes Testekill, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There's a fair few broken records at the footy, that's for sure. Either picking a player to pot relentlessly, the umpires, or the 'stop handballing and just kick it' brigade, who haven't stumbled across the fact that it has been a part of our identity as a side for 6 years now to use handball to move the footy.
    I don't understand the bagging of our players at the game. I don't mind constructive criticism like on WOOF, but gee some people losing it and stressing out for nothing.

Ozza, last week I sat amongst Pies fans and they was so bad I wanted to leave the MCG. It was good to sit amongst doggies fans - well at least for me as they were a pretty good bunch
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't understand the bagging of our players at the game. I don't mind constructive criticism like on WOOF, but gee some people losing it and stressing out for nothing.

Ozza, last week I sat amongst Pies fans and they was so bad I wanted to leave the MCG. It was good to sit amongst doggies fans - well at least for me as they were a pretty good bunch
    I think it doesn't really matter who the team is, there are good supporters and bad ones for every club. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not so much!!

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But there are times to kick it and our refusal to do so on numerous occasions cost us goals yesterday....I guess if you’re going to live by it you need to be willing to do by it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams effort was the game saver. Libba's willing himself to get that clearance was inspiring.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But there are times to kick it and our refusal to do so on numerous occasions cost us goals yesterday....I guess if you’re going to live by it you need to be willing to do by it too.
    No doubt - but its how we play. If we were more of a kicking side, there would no doubt be times we would turn it over by foot to cost us goals, or frustration from fans for kicking without creativity down the line.

I'm glad we actually have a clear style in how we play. Some of the teams I've watched over the last couple of weeks, its hard to see anything identifiable about their game plan. Essendon, GWS, North....they don't seem to have anything to point to and say 'this is what we do/this is our brand of footy'.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt - but its how we play. If we were more of a kicking side, there would no doubt be times we would turn it over by foot to cost us goals, or frustration from fans for kicking without creativity down the line.

I'm glad we actually have a clear style in how we play. Some of the teams I've watched over the last couple of weeks, its hard to see anything identifiable about their game plan. Essendon, GWS, North....they don't seem to have anything to point to and say 'this is what we do/this is our brand of footy'.
    It was abundantly clear there were two sides on the park yesterday with two distinct brands. As I said in the matchday thread I was getting frustrated in the third because I thought we conceded too much territory to WCE and didn't take enough of our own when we could/ should have, but it looked worse at the ground than it did on the replay. It was really interesting to see the two styles clash.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

The McNeil Steal; Run: pass to Vanders for a Goal - superb

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it has been mentioned but how the hell did Cripps kick into the man on the mark 15 metres out at the start of the last? A sliding doors moment thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but how the hell did Cripps kick into the man on the mark 15 metres out at the start of the last? A sliding doors moment thats for sure.
    That goal would have finished us off, there would have been no coming back from that far behind. We literally hung in by a fingernail.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, it's early in the season of course however, this group playing the way they are seem to have a bit of a different mindset and some confidence. Each time the ball goes back to the centre the game changes and that may have kicked us into gear a touch earlier.

Not saying I'm not glad it was touched. Absolutely it was a great thing it was touched.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The Footy gods disagreed with Ray and acted accordingly.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The Footy gods disagreed with Ray and acted accordingly.
    From memory, that's the 2nd time Gardner has tipped a kick when standing on the nark close to goal. Goid job Gard, remaining switched on.