Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recruit of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I mean, I’m happy we got him (now) but let’s not pretend Nic Nat didn’t almost single handedly win the game for them. He’s great around the ground and very physical but his tap work is (and always has been) a weakness.

He’ll help us immeasurably against guys like Grundy, ROB and Nankervis but we’ll still be troubled by the Nic Nats and Gawns.
    My dad was at the game and his summary was "If Grundy is worth a 7 year deal then NicNat is worth a 10 year deal. He's the best Ruckman in the competition by a mile".

I was having flashbacks to Michael Gardiner feeding Ben Cousins clearance after clearance in Adam Cooney's first game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    My dad was at the game and his summary was "If Grundy is worth a 7 year deal then NicNat is worth a 10 year deal. He's the best Ruckman in the competition by a mile".

I was having flashbacks to Michael Gardiner feeding Ben Cousins clearance after clearance in Adam Cooney's first game.
    I agree, he is better than Grundy, Gawn and Goldy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree, he is better than Grundy, Gawn and Goldy.
    In ruck contests sure. But a ruckman needs to do more than that these days and he barely marks the ball at all, rarely kicks goals and due to his body can't spend as long on the ground as the other premier ruckmen.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    In ruck contests sure. But a ruckman needs to do more than that these days and he barely marks the ball at all, rarely kicks goals and due to his body can't spend as long on the ground as the other premier ruckmen.
    Agree - in the ruck. Grundy is the best of those, around the ground
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He has been huge for us and a model already proven last year by st kilda brining in Ryder to help Marshall.

He has clearly had a huge impact on English’s game - training partner as well as removing the burden of the full time ruck role - and it’s awesome to see he is also having a positive impact on the ground himself.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post